Boxing - Teach me how to become a mid and close range fighter

I come from Bulgaria. Here every guy over 20 to 40 is huge and muscular, and older they are just huge. My local gym is full with teenagers lifting more than I do...Or older people (40-60) working on their general conditioning. And that is a small city. If you go to a beach city or Sofia the things get even more weird. Everyone there lifts, does sports and right now kick boxing and boxing is blooming, even chicks practice.
I am the lightest of the people I hang out with right now.
Sparring with good chains will improve your bangability

Also are you a super manlet there, aren't the folks there averaging at 5'11-6?

funny how u were dissing some guys before by things they said saying obviously none of these guys have boxed before and u dont have a legit coach..

since you live in bulgaria u should just pick up wrestling n stead it will be your best bet tbh

My coach is legit. He is an ex national boxer and his coach, who also coached me was an olympic medalist. The problem is the training methods. Too many fight sport coaches want to go the lazy road and take out 15-20 mins of the work out in useless conditioning. Or would let you just bang each other in some kind of a sparring, or will just put you on the boxing bag to work without any kind of instructions. My past coaches have been the same. Only the coach of my current coach would teach us properly. He showed us amazing warm ups, which are directly connected with boxing, he tought us amazing technique and he was constantly criticising and addressing our mistakes no matter if we banged in a spar or the heavy bag and we will not have time for some kind of stupid conditioning. It would be all technical or tactical work. We would drill with him a lot, especially would work a lot on the jab wars and how to win them. He would teach us how to bite stuff for pull counters and etc. It was that he was just coaching us for 1 month as he was replacing the current coach and had not much time to teach us but basic jabbing, crosses and movement.

I can easily recognise people who have not boxed by their posts. I have some experience with KB and MT and I can make a significant difference with the boxing methods, because I also thought the same way before I went boxing. Especially when people start commenting on the big pillows, or how it is limited to 2 hands and you do not have to worry about kicks, ellbows, knees and TD, while boxing is one of the most tactical fight sports in reality.

Regarding wrestling. There is no access to adults in most cities. I would love to wrestle. It is only in sports schools for students of the schools.

Last edited:
Sparring with good chains will improve your bangability

Also are you a super manlet there, aren't the folks there averaging at 5'11-6?

Well considering the fact that the MMA fighter Blagoy Ivanov was brutally almost murdered in a local club, you can make conclusions what the average weight and height is. Lots of big man here.

Well considering the fact that the MMA fighter Blagoy Ivanov was brutally almost murdered in a local club, you can make conclusions what the average weight and height is. Lots of big man here.

most ufc fighters today would get destroyed by most of the amateur boxers even at my gym much less the pros people whot rain usually know this only fans dont

Im not a coach but this sort of thing for me only came from sparring and altering distances yourself on the bag and pads. Also eventually came down to where you were comfortable fighting. Also any information on sherdog isnt going to help you much if you arent at a boxing gym training bro

Good post.

I have a question - unrelated - about your username. If you are the last of the mohican, and "mohican" is singular, couldn't you also be the first of the mohican, too?

more seriously, just keep your hands high and learn to slip and counter hard in sparring

Good post.

I have a question - unrelated - about your username. If you are the last of the mohican, and "mohican" is singular, couldn't you also be the first of the mohican, too?

You've already put more thought into this than I have.

Spoiler alert...

IM WHITE IRISH NOT NATIVE AMERICAN :)

You need a teacher. You basically just asked how to learn an entire aspect of fighting including how to even stand there in the first place. If you're not being taught at all how to function on the inside or moving forward, then what you need is better instruction altogether.

Back