"Boxing" Sparing Gloves

RDL81

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I have been training bags and pads for a while now but going to join a "proper" boxing gym so in near future can see myself sparing. I am talking boxing only not MMA/Muay Thai etc. I brought some Fairtex BVG9 14oz that I use on the bag / pads with Winning NG2 gel knuckle guards and I love them but don't think they are suitable for sparing? I am looking for recommendations for sparing gloves. I will look to get some on Black Friday, I weigh 89kg so I guess need 16oz?

Any recommendations please, not TWINS as I had a pair I wasn't keen on them just felt too big with the extra padding on back of hand etc

Thanks

Rich

Triumph United Death Adders or Death Star. I know I always mentioned these two, but they are really that good.

16oz is always a good standard.

Title classic lace ups are good cheap reliable sparring gloves.

Triumph United Death Adders are affordable and getting some favorable reviews here.

Ringside's leather IMF lace ups are solid choices.

No real budget.....cheaper than winnings

i had the bgv9 and title infused and researched whats the best gloves for the $$ currently im using the UMA rt 41 and i got to say its really good for sparring, but bag work eh lets just say its so protective its not fun lol but it is lil bulky but not as bulky as twins its a boxing designed gloves rather than the wide muay thai gloves, but if you want a compacter glove and like the designs of there stock gloves then prob try getting sabas super soft they have more rep and good feedback from the community . but like i said uma is supposedly more " protective " than sabas i wouldnt know never tried sabas but thats what i read from other people . and theres also other gloves that are good ill list and you can check reviews and what you pefer. (btw + shipping depends on the company )
1.uma rt 41 90-100$
2.sabas supersoft 114 $
3. rival sparring gloves 120-160$
4. ring to cage c17 99$

Fairtex BGV6 for sparring, they're designed only for sparring.

Back