Boxing shoes

Irish789

White Belt
Reaction score
I've been searching this forum and the net for reviews of three boxing boots and haven't come up with a lot. Found a thread or two about these shoes but only one real review from Evan Martinez. Was hoping to get further comments from people who have worn these:

1. Nike Hyperko
2. Adidas Adistar
3. Adidas Adipower

I have a pair of mizunos which I really like. But I save them mainly for sparring. My day-to-day shoe is an old pair of RJ Air Jordans which I've had for many years. Despite how ridiculously heavy they are, I quite liked them. Lots of support, great grip, and very sturdy. But the soles are now coming off and would need to be entirely replaced. I used crazy glue to fix them and the crazy glue works for a short time but eventually starts to eat at the rubber. Just an FYI for anyone in a similar situation.

Anyway, I feel like I've learned all I can through internet research on the above shoes so I'm hoping to get some feedback from people who have direct experience using any of the shoes above.

Thanks!

I have the Hyperko's and the Adipower's and I love them both. The hyperko is my favorite boxing shoe that I have, has very nice arch support if you need it, ankle support isn't too great despite the height. Super comfortable shoe though. I'm not sure of the durability as I just found them in stock about a month ago. The adipower have some arch support too, very good ankle support. A lot more narrow than the hyperko and the bottom is sort of a smooth rubber as opposed to the herringbone pattern on the hyperko. The hyperko sole is almost like a basketball shoe. Cant really go wrong with either one in my opinion. Only thing I don't like about the adipower is that it takes me forever to put them on and take them off (because of the height of the shoe).

I have the Hyperko's and the Adipower's and I love them both. The hyperko is my favorite boxing shoe that I have, has very nice arch support if you need it, ankle support isn't too great despite the height. Super comfortable shoe though. I'm not sure of the durability as I just found them in stock about a month ago. The adipower have some arch support too, very good ankle support. A lot more narrow than the hyperko and the bottom is sort of a smooth rubber as opposed to the herringbone pattern on the hyperko. The hyperko sole is almost like a basketball shoe. Cant really go wrong with either one in my opinion. Only thing I don't like about the adipower is that it takes me forever to put them on and take them off (because of the height of the shoe).

Hey Parks! Thanks a lot. That was really helpful. I really appreciate your feedback. The mizunos I have are more narrow through the foot and sound more like the Adipower than the Hyperkos.

That makes me learn toward the Hyperkos right now. I'd love to find these Royal Blue ones but I don't know that they're for sale anywhere. I've scoured the net to no avail ...

mqdefault.jpg

D

One more question for you Parks ... how do your Adipower and Hyperkos fit?

Do you wear same size in both as you would in a running shoe? Or does either fit tight/lose?

Good luck on the royal blues lol, took me 6 months to find the black and silver ones. Not sure where to find them now. I got mine on http://www.athleteps.com/ but they look like they are sold out again already in any size larger than an 8. The hyperko's I got 1/2 size larger than normal shoes. They run a half size smaller than jordan's if you need a comparison to a brand. The adipowers I got a full size up from my jordans. You could probably get away with a half size up, but it may be a tight fit.

The way they fit, they both are pretty snug, no slippage. The adipowers fit more like a boxing shoe, sock like. The nikes fit more like a basketball shoe, which i prefer. I own the adizero sydney boxers also. I bought them just because I have a problem with buying gear and they were on sale for like 30 dollars so i figured why not. Turns out they are a great boxing shoe, i love to throw those in the rotation. They are actually on sale for 24.99 on title right now in case you decide to throw them in the cart like i did. They also run 1/2 size to a full size small, i would recommend a full size in those because they have a zipper over the laces.

The way they fit, they both are pretty snug, no slippage. The adipowers fit more like a boxing shoe, sock like. The nikes fit more like a basketball shoe, which i prefer. I own the adizero sydney boxers also. I bought them just because I have a problem with buying gear and they were on sale for like 30 dollars so i figured why not. Turns out they are a great boxing shoe, i love to throw those in the rotation. They are actually on sale for 24.99 on title right now in case you decide to throw them in the cart like i did. They also run 1/2 size to a full size small, i would recommend a full size in those because they have a zipper over the laces.

Parks! Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the feedback. That's all VERY useful. The RJ comparison is very helpful. I may even throw those adiZeros in the mix too ... for $30 ... can't go wrong! I'm realizing I have a bit of a problem buying gear too! Damn these forums! ha ha

The only issue will be finding the size/colour I want (Navy Blue/Red Hyperko's in an 8.5).

D

Really? I have white adidas boxhog's that i've had for 2 years and they're still pretty white lol

Since I was asking on this thread about the Nike Hyperkos ... in case anyone else was following an interested, Athleteps.com just got fresh stock of Nike Hyperkos. For the past while they had been nearly sold out of every colour. They now have plenty of sizes in both the navy blue and the white/red hyperkos if anyone is interested.

http://store.athleteps.com/nike-boxing.html?SID=2t9b4aa1cp75po3dvrfjucqvc5

Thanks...hopefully around christmas time they have them. I'll be asking for this...

I've been searching this forum and the net for reviews of three boxing boots and haven't come up with a lot. Found a thread or two about these shoes but only one real review from Evan Martinez. Was hoping to get further comments from people who have worn these:

1. Nike Hyperko
2. Adidas Adistar
3. Adidas Adipower

I have a pair of mizunos which I really like. But I save them mainly for sparring. My day-to-day shoe is an old pair of RJ Air Jordans which I've had for many years. Despite how ridiculously heavy they are, I quite liked them. Lots of support, great grip, and very sturdy. But the soles are now coming off and would need to be entirely replaced. I used crazy glue to fix them and the crazy glue works for a short time but eventually starts to eat at the rubber. Just an FYI for anyone in a similar situation.

Anyway, I feel like I've learned all I can through internet research on the above shoes so I'm hoping to get some feedback from people who have direct experience using any of the shoes above.

Thanks!

Yup,, I do have tried these but not all just two of them i.e Nike Hyperko and the Adidas Adipower plus I'd also tried Jeffrey Campbell shoes and I think for me its quiet difficult to judge the best of two between them but still if somebody insist me then I would go for "Nike" its really comfortable.
I hope my suggestion would help you out!!

Back