Boxing or MT gyms in Guangzhou or Foshan

Fishandchips

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Does anyone know any boxing or muay thai gyms in Guagnzhou of Foshan?

Any recommendations would be great, as I am possibly looking to move out to China.

there are lots of gyms in Guangzhou it just depends on where you will be living Guangzhou is huge. In my experience though almost every part of town has some sort of gym (mostly Muay Thai) and most gyms will have some sort of guy to come in and teach Muay Thai, Boxing, MMA etc.. the quality of these gyms canary greatly because combat spots are on a pretty big popularity wave in china right now.
What level gym are you at and what kind of gym are you looking for?
If you want to find a gym with bags and guys to spar that's to going to be too hard but if you are already a competitor that will be harder.

Edit: why Guangzhou or Foshan? if you have the choice within Guangdong i would recommend Shenzhen followed closely by Zhuhai.
Shenzhen is just way more convenient then Guangzhou, it is connected by rail to a lot of great places and the subway goes to HK, also the airport is pretty convent for International and domestic travel.
Zhuhai because it is not as big and densely populated as the rest of the major cities in Guangdong and it is super easy to travel to Macau from there. Plus the Zhuhai railway is pretty convent to go to Southern china (Guangxi, Yunnan, etc,.)

Last edited:
Hi. Thanks for the quick reply. I am not a competitor, but looking for a place to train and stay in shape. An environment where there would be other English speakers would obviously be great.

Being based in GZ is mainly due to family reasons (proximity to schooling for child).

there are lots of gyms in Guangzhou it just depends on where you will be living Guangzhou is huge. In my experience though almost every part of town has some sort of gym (mostly Muay Thai) and most gyms will have some sort of guy to come in and teach Muay Thai, Boxing, MMA etc.. the quality of these gyms canary greatly because combat spots are on a pretty big popularity wave in china right now.
What level gym are you at and what kind of gym are you looking for?
If you want to find a gym with bags and guys to spar that's to going to be too hard but if you are already a competitor that will be harder.

Edit: why Guangzhou or Foshan? if you have the choice within Guangdong i would recommend Shenzhen followed closely by Zhuhai.
Shenzhen is just way more convenient then Guangzhou, it is connected by rail to a lot of great places and the subway goes to HK, also the airport is pretty convent for International and domestic travel.
Zhuhai because it is not as big and densely populated as the rest of the major cities in Guangdong and it is super easy to travel to Macau from there. Plus the Zhuhai railway is pretty convent to go to Southern china (Guangxi, Yunnan, etc,.)

Not to derail the topic but is your av @panamaican's wife???

FoShan used to be THE place for martial arts/kung fu. So why not go learn some authentic Chinese Kung Fu?

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply. I am not a competitor, but looking for a place to train and stay in shape. An environment where there would be other English speakers would obviously be great.

Being based in GZ is mainly due to family reasons (proximity to schooling for child).
You probably want to check out boon sport MT. There website looks like it is under registration but they have a weChat qr code to scan.
Not to derail the topic but is your av @panamaican's wife???

You gotta admit there is some resemblance haha.
No... Just no. My AV is Xiomara blandino a beautiful Latina specimen. While Panams wife appears to be East Indian possibly.
FoShan used to be THE place for martial arts/kung fu. So why not go learn some authentic Chinese Kung Fu?
There still is "real" kung fu here but it might be different to what is in the states. For example a friends teacher teaches traditional eagle claw, as well as the foundational systems of JingWu. He also advocates practicing wushu because of the athletic benefits, sands because of the sparring and intensity of athletic training. This same coach once told me also that boxing is real Kung Fu. This all goes against the narrative in the west that China has no kung fu anymore, or that Taiwan has the real traditional Chinese culture.

Back