Boxing, Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo

Big_Gpap

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
hello everyone. Long-time lurker here faced with a dilemma. All within 20 minutes of my house, there's a Renzo Gracie school, which also teaches wrestling 3x a week, that's open 7 days a week. A very reputable boxing club, and a judo & muay Thai academy owned and taught by Rick Hawn. My schedule permits me to take up to 3 of these and was curious to see which ones you would suggest if I wanted to have a more all around skill set.

A bit of background: I have wrestled for 9 years, so I feel like I have a solid base in that. I'm more interested in doing these because I'm a lifelong fan of martial arts and have always wanted to be involved with them more than I'm looking to become an mma fighter. Appreciate any feedback

Try them all out and see which ones you like the most.

I would do bjj and boxing. I'd go to a wrestling practice every week or two.

The MT and judo program by Rick Hawn sounds interesting from a martial arts pov. Bjj is just really fun though especially if you are a wrestler. I'd say bjj if you are 30+ and Rick Hawns if you are younger.
Plus you can always pick up bjj later since you have a grappling base.

Not a fan of excessive brain damage from boxing if you are not looking to compete imo. Plus you will learn 'hands' at the MT gym. Just not in the pure boxing sense

Back