Boxing > MMA. Holm owns Rousey

Lmao, it was just right before Holm beat her, that the local alternative rock radio hosts were saying she would beat Floy... lololol
If I remember correctly there was a few of us in here, that were saying Holly was gonna beat Rhonda, I know I did.

dan knows that not all fighters that lose speak to the media, that's a flat out lie. some of them ain't even in condition to. The media can be some asses, man just got kayoed, doesn't yet know "what planet I was on" as Marlon Starling once said, and some old asshole like Merchant is sticking a mic down your throat. Nice guys , the fight mob, as red smith use to call them.

It says a lot for the UFC that competitions between people who have no chance at the top level (i.e. women) are so popular. It's not about skill and ability for UFC fans but rather the spectacle.

If I remember correctly there was a few of us in here, that were saying Holly was gonna beat Rhonda, I know I did.
I predicted the round and the way Holm would beat her, and no one listened.

Wow you got one prediction right. That's impressive.
I also predicted that Mayweather would beat Pacquiao too and I also predicted Cotto beating the snot out of Martinez.

Give me my props Stiff Jones.

I predicted the round and the way Holm would beat her, and no one listened.

giphy.gif

LEL even Big Dan is shitting on Ronda

To be fair, Cotto doesn't talk to the media when he loses a fight. He stormed out of the ring after the Floyd decision was read.

I don't see the need to kick Rousey while she's down. She lost a couple of big fights, is that really grounds to be humiliated?

To be fair, Cotto doesn't talk to the media when he loses a fight. He stormed out of the ring after the Floyd decision was read.

I don't see the need to kick Rousey while she's down. She lost a couple of big fights, is that really grounds to be humiliated?
She blacklisted certain people who said 1 snippet of bad thing about her. Thats why she blacklisted Joe Rogan.

Terence Crawford blacklisted certain reporters like Steve Kim and he got a lot of shit (rightfully so) for it.

Is it fair to say that "fencing " amateur boxing has been very compatible to mma just like a strong amateur boxing background has helped many become real good pro boxers ?

I think this will help the us amateur boxing program with more people seeing just how devasting boxing range can be

In her case, it actually is. Her conduct when she was on top was deplorable. She acted like a bully and was disrespectful to her opponents. From her gig on "The Ultimate Fighter" all the way to the Holm fight she'd been an arrogant asshole of a bitch when she really didn't need to be. She was the Undisputed badass of the division, she could've taken it easy and been chill, she chose not to. Maybe that's just how she ticks and stays "up" for a fight, and that's fine, but live with the consequences Rhonda....The culmination came to a peak in the lead up to the Holly Holm fight. It was perfect karma manifested when she got her ass put to sleep by Holly in devastating fashion.

THEN disappears for almost a year to "heal her wounds" and is gifted an immediate title shot? Any smart fighter (championship caliber) knows you need a couple tune ups before jumping back into deep water title shot type of fights. The arrogance to think she could come back and win an immediate title just shows she hasnt learned much. Dana White may have made the offer but she still could've said, SHOULD'VE said, "yo I need to get my game back with some lesser fights first". She set herself up with mismanaged arrogance, and deserves all the scrutiny she gets.

Conor McGreagor is in danger of the same backlash if he doesnt throttle it down a bit.

Sad part about it is Dana White sits back and lets the shit happen to these young kids and doesn't give them not a single word of advice on managing their career images for longevity, he just guts them for all the money he can make off of them.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with Ronda not talking to the media following a knockout, I actually think that should be accepted as standard practice. After brain trauma, it is probably best to avoid being interviewed and there is nothing wrong with that.

But she refused to do media before the fight, leaving Nunes to carry that load, because she wanted to concentrate on the fight. Nunes, who was making $100k to Ronda's $3 million. Think about that, Ronda was guaranteed 30x Nunes' pay and would not even give an interview in the months before the fight. That is why Ronda gets the amount of hate that she does, that is just being a spoiled child.

Back