Boxing Mitt Work

If there is anything that you don't understand dont hesitate to ask.

Goes with saying that I only respond to stand up specific content, as I have no interested in holding eachothers Dick in hand. Don't forget to reread my previous technique posts as they are living documents that are being updated if I feel something is missing.

Last edited:
Goes with saying that I only respond to stand up specific content, as I have no interested in holding eachothers Dick in hand. Don't forget to reread my previous technique posts as they are living documents that are being updated if I feel something is missing.
Aaaaaaand now you're on ignore.

Another example of 'stepping through' like I mentioned can be found here with Lucien Carbin. Lucien Carbin was a fighter that practically never lost back in the day with his dutch kickboxing skillset. The timestamp where he executes this technique is at timestamp 2:24:

Look how much distance he can cover in a short amount of time, by switching stances and kicking, all in one movement. Note that he is in perfect balance and ready to strike after the movement is completed. Again this can be done with punches (see Brilleman video above) kicks, knees or elbows. This can also be done fighting backwards (as mentioned in the post about the girl that Lucien trained)

Also note how upright Lucien and Brilleman are fighting in comparison with what you see with most guys nowadays. Nowadays fighters are often heavy on the frontfoot and in a wide stance, which spells disaster for them if fought against opponents who are doing the things I mentioned, and capitalize on those mistakes.

Last edited:
Aaaaaaand now you're on ignore.
Like I said, you can wank eachother off the whole day for my part since I have no interest in those things. The fact of the matter is that I hardly come across any stand up specific discussion except a little bit for advanced muay thai guy where he compared kickboxing with surfing I believe.

Another example of 'stepping through' like I mentioned can be found here with Lucien Carbin. Lucien Carbin was a fighter that practically never lost back in the day with his dutch kickboxing skillset. The timestamp where he executes this technique is at timestamp 2:24:

Look how much distance he can cover in a short amount of time, by switching stances and kicking, all in one movement. Note that he is in perfect balance and ready to strike after the movement is completed. Again this can be done with punches (see Brilleman video above) kicks, knees or elbows. This can also be done fighting backwards (as mentioned in the post about the girl that Lucien trained)

Also note how upright Lucien and Brilleman are fighting in comparison with what you see with most guys nowadays. Nowadays fighters are often heavy on the frontfoot and in a wide stance, which spells disaster for them if fought against opponents who are doing the things I mentioned, and capitalize on those mistakes.

Interesting clip, Lucien actually borrowed that from the Muay Thai 'march'.

(still waiting for a reply, says he's seen and hasn't responded so it could be that he's busy running classes to be answering these questions)

Can't shinsheckin post a kicking video and get out of this trollish hellhole?

He's a Muay Thai fighter for cryin out loud. I didn't pay to see this!

Interesting clip, Lucien actually borrowed that from the Muay Thai 'march'.

(still waiting for a reply, says he's seen and hasn't responded so it could be that he's busy running classes to be answering these questions)

At the start of round 2 (timestamp 3:41) you see the same thing, but now followed up with another action. He kicks with the backleg, after that his back leg stays in the front. Now he has switched stances. Then he kicks just as hard from a southpaw stance. After that he switches stances again and sweeps him off his feet. Try to do this with a wide stance, this is not possible as you are too much planted on your two feet. This is typical dutch kickboxing from back in the day. It's not just straightforward combination punching and finishing with a lowkick.

This is not possible by roundhouse kicks as they take too much time since you rotate too much. These are just hard kicks straight from the hips.

Take a look at how the guy gets knocked out starting from 4:06. The guy has a wide stance and is heavy on the front foot, and because of that lunged in way too much. From this position he starts his attack while being too much lunged in. Lucien is waiting for him to come in, while having his weight on his backfoot instead of frontfoot, which makes him harder to hit since he is relatively farther away with his head as opposed to his opponent.

stances.png

See here the resemblances on stances by advanced muay thai guy and Xune-Ban. Now take a look how Lucien takes advantage on the head-first approach of Xune-Ban. This is one of the reasons this particular stable of fighters from that era were among the best standup fighters of the world.

Last edited:

At the start of round 2 (timestamp 3:41) you see the same thing, but now followed up with another action. He kicks with the backleg, after that his back leg stays in the front. Now he has switched stances. Then he kicks just as hard from a southpaw stance. After that he switches stances again and sweeps him off his feet. Try to do this with a wide stance, this is not possible as you are too much planted on your two feet. This is typical dutch kickboxing from back in the day. It's not just straightforward combination punching and finishing with a lowkick.

This is not possible by roundhouse kicks as they take too much time since you rotate too much. These are just hard kicks straight from the hips.

Take a look at how the guy gets knocked out starting from 4:06. The guy has a wide stance and is heavy on the front foot, and because of that lunged in way too much. From this position he starts his attack while being too much lunged in. Lucien is waiting for him to come in, while having his weight on his backfoot instead of frontfoot, which makes him harder to hit since he is relatively farther away with his head as opposed to his opponent.

stances.png

See here the resemblances on stances by advanced muay thai guy and Xune-Ban. Now take a look how Lucien takes advantage on the head-first approach of Xune-Ban. This is one of the reasons this particular stable of fighters from that era were among the best standup fighters of the world.

just to let you know, during a fight, you cannot be in a "perfect" stance 24/7. Your hands are not always going to be up etc. The picture of myself your using your analogies on, the exact moment of that picture taken, is when I did a lunge fwd feint. My right shin was injured 1 week prior to this fight. Im more of a kick, knee, elbow kinda guy over punching, however I was working my boxing alot building up to this fight, and due to my shin being injured, I was forced to rely on my boxing heavily in this fight, which I did, as a result I ended up winning this fight due to my boxing.

To further my point, here are some pictures of saenchai fighting and training, and as you can see, his hands are not in "optimal" position. Please elaborate on how Saenchai needs to fix his technique. Point being, its not a perfect science.

Saenchai-Muay-Thai-Canada.jpg

PgoR3UVcjjvh8yj1ml9cfbbGOwDNuKU0Co2WpNW-jGdKLsKJmPeVVx2cjCUIG3JbPzeBIKHD9IP2syaNLYsBvZE=w1024

21b36008b05cc4b7ea090b57775ea27a--kick-boxing-muay-thai.jpg

just to let you know, during a fight, you cannot be in a "perfect" stance 24/7. Your hands are not always going to be up etc. The picture of myself your using your analogies on, the exact moment of that picture taken, is when I did a lunge fwd feint. My right shin was injured 1 week prior to this fight. Im more of a kick, knee, elbow kinda guy over punching, however I was working my boxing alot building up to this fight, and due to my shin being injured, I was forced to rely on my boxing heavily in this fight, which I did, as a result I ended up winning this fight due to my boxing.

To further my point, here are some pictures of saenchai fighting and training, and as you can see, his hands are not in "optimal" position. Please elaborate on how Saenchai needs to fix his technique. Point being, its not a perfect science.

Saenchai-Muay-Thai-Canada.jpg

PgoR3UVcjjvh8yj1ml9cfbbGOwDNuKU0Co2WpNW-jGdKLsKJmPeVVx2cjCUIG3JbPzeBIKHD9IP2syaNLYsBvZE=w1024

21b36008b05cc4b7ea090b57775ea27a--kick-boxing-muay-thai.jpg
True, there are more ways of doing things.

Back