Boxing & Kickboxing with MMA Gloves.

MasterWhoosaa

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Why don't they try and make boxing and kickboxing more exciting by using the small ufc gloves ?

I bet there will be more knockouts. Its harder to defend, easier to hit someone with it.
Better precision.

And many people don't like the ground part in mma which could draw in alot of fans of standup.

John Wayne Parr has promoted a few Muay Thai cards in Australia in an octagon with mma gloves.

Open gloves are shitty for striking because of eye pokes. They should use normal boxing loves in 4oz if anything.

But if you wanna watch something like that just watch old boxing fights 6oz gloves were basically the same thing

as stated earlier John Wayne Parr's promotion in Australia CMT does full Thai rules in a cage with MMA gloves. I also believe there is at least 1 Thai show that has just started using them, I cant remember its name though

More cuts and less knockouts, MMA gloves do more damage to the outside of the head, boxinggloves have more impact on the brain

you could just use smaller boxing gloves, no need to have open fingers. that would just make eye pokes more common.

It looks sloppy as hell. And you don't need it to produce more knockouts. There is enough knockouts

I hate these new MMA fans that think they're all the same sport.

tell me about it, a guy I know fought Saenchai on Thai fight

yes.... he's not right in the head lol

I did I private with Saenchai once in Sinbi Gym, we sparred lite for the last 20mins and he still managed to give me a massive black eye lol. What a souvenir that was

Thai Fight has been doing it for the last few years Yodsanklai just had a fight this past weekend in China at a MAS 1 event where they used open fingered gloves.

you could just use smaller boxing gloves, no need to have open fingers. that would just make eye pokes more common.
out of all the Thai Fights events I've watch with open fingered gloves I haven't seen a single eye poke. Probably due to them not being little girly men pawing out with an open hand trying to find their range.

Why don't they try and make boxing and kickboxing more exciting by using the small ufc gloves ?

I bet there will be more knockouts. Its harder to defend, easier to hit someone with it.
Better precision.

And many people don't like the ground part in mma which could draw in alot of fans of standup.
Theres mt with mma gloves I forgot the promotion name

Hahaha nice, I didnt know this stuff already existed. Nice to know.

It this anywhere popular? A possible future ?

Why don't they try and make boxing and kickboxing more exciting by using the small ufc gloves?

Better precision.

And many people don't like the ground part in MMA which could draw in a lot of fans of standup.
I introduced kickboxing with MMA gloves to my event, SFT last year. Except for one event which we did inside a ring, all fights are inside the cage. At first, most fights were finishing on 1st and 2nd round KO. Now that the fighters are focusing o it, it's gotten even. At the begging, July of last year we had one extreme fight per MMA event. We are up to 5, and the plan is to do 6 per event. Out of 25 fights, 12 were by KO and 13 by decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back