Boxing is one of the weakest martial art forms.

Boxing is probably the best style to use in a street fight, specially when more than 2 people are involved.

When will people learn that fighting techniques is about using whatever works best for the situation you are in?

The styles debate should have ended decades ago when American Martial Arts genius Bruce Lee presented his philosophies to the general public.

USA! USA! USA! USA!

Boxing is probably the best style to use in a street fight, specially when more than 2 people are involved.

I disagree. The best style to use when more than 2 people are involved is to use that running away technique that McConner used over and over again in the Diaz rematch

Let's be honest. Sherdog has this weird obsession with boxers as if they are basically God's that are untouchable. But let's be real. Boxing ON ITS OWN, key words here, is weaker than almost all martial arts. I'm not even talking MMA because everyone already know they would kill a boxer like a child. I'm talking singular martial arts.

Muy Thai vs boxer? Muy Thai destroys the legs of the boxer, destroys him in the clinch, knees and elbows his head in.

Wrestler vs boxer? Wrestler slams boxer on his head and kills him.

BJJ vs boxer? Slams him on his head and strangles him to death.

Judo vs boxer? Same as above

Sambo? Same as above.

Karate? Gets head kicked KOed inside 1 minute.

I'm an amatuer Boxer currently so I'm not biased. Boxing MIXED with other combat forms is amazing. But alone vs other combat forms. Limited

Not sure you're smart enough to get it. People aren't obsessed with boxing. People simply strongly defend the idea that you can't just cross over to boxing and beat an elite fighter. That's just it.

I don't think you realize how ignorant you are by saying boxing is weak. Boxing is one of the most practical and effective forms of combat. Almost everyone throw hands in real life confrontations. Knowing boxing would be a major advantage to anyone. It's true that a BJJ guy can TD a boxer and sub him. But it's also true that, if for some reason he manages not to get the TD right away, which in certain real life scenarios can happen, for lack of space or something else, the BJJ guy is fucked.

All competitive combat sports can be effective and have their importance. To try to put one above the other is just a sign of insecurity. It's great to know how to fight. BJJ can be wonderful. Karaté can be wonderful. Boxing can be wonderful too. Most of the real fights i've seen in my life were just punches. Even when they involve guys who have grappling training. For some reason, people punch first, unless they're girls.

Not sure you're smart enough to get it. People aren't obsessed with boxing. People simply strongly defend the idea that you can't just cross over to boxing and beat an elite fighter. That's just it.

I don't think you realize how ignorant you are by saying boxing is weak. Boxing is one of the most practical and effective forms of combat. Almost everyone throw hands in real life confrontations. Knowing boxing would be a major advantage to anyone. It's true that a BJJ guy can TD a boxer and sub him. But it's also true that, if for some reason he manages not to get the TD right away, which in certain real life scenarios can happen, for lack of space or something else, the BJJ guy is fucked.

All competitive combat sports can be effective and have their importance. To try to put one above the other is just a sign of insecurity. It's great to know how to fight. BJJ can be wonderful. Karaté can be wonderful. Boxing can be wonderful too. Most of the real fights i've seen in my life were just punches. Even when they involve guys who have grappling training. For some reason, people punch first, unless they're girls.

This.

Dude knows what he's talking about in regards to fighting and the associated probabilities and variables that exist when human animals engage in a fight.

Let's be honest. Sherdog has this weird obsession with boxers as if they are basically God's that are untouchable. But let's be real. Boxing ON ITS OWN, key words here, is weaker than almost all martial arts. I'm not even talking MMA because everyone already know they would kill a boxer like a child. I'm talking singular martial arts.

Muy Thai vs boxer? Muy Thai destroys the legs of the boxer, destroys him in the clinch, knees and elbows his head in.

Sambo? Same as above.

I'm an amatuer Boxer currently so I'm not biased. Boxing MIXED with other combat forms is amazing. But alone vs other combat forms. Limited
A voice of reason emerges...a beam of light in the darkness

Any real fighter, and by "real" we are talking about someone who trains for reality and not athletic competition.

A real fighter, at least a serious one, considers all variables. Multiple opponents, terrain, conditions of the location, weapons, escape routes, even how to prepare witnesses and by-standers for legal reasons in the event that the real fighter must act in self defence.

Have you MMA guys and Boxing fans taken into consideration something as simple as having to fight in a tight space like a narrow hallway or an elevator?

Like it or not, these are real life conditions that a serious fighter takes into consideration.

What about road rage? You're in your drivers seat. An angry person on road rage goes to your door and you don't know he has a knife. There's no gun in your glove box and he's already grabbed you by the throat through your open window.

Has your boxing or MMA training taught you how to safely address a scenario like this?

No need to answer here, just ask yourself these things and if you have an answer, good for you. If not, then probably a good a idea that you find an effective solution for these sort of things rather than bicker about what's real and what's fake.

Yep having the ability to render someone unconscious in seconds is pretty weak.

MMA exposed alot of arts but not boxing. If anything it confirmed its legitimacy.

Sambo? Same as above.

Sherdog has a weird obsession with everything that is WRONG.

I guess they're used to being losers, and like losing. Sad!

Lol it's so weak that the biggest star in the history of the fucking sport uses it as not only his base but as virtually his only effective means of offense; and it won him belts in two weight classes by KO within two Rds in one fight, and w/in 14 seconds in the other. Name me another base that generates ko's as quickly as boxing lol I'll wait.

Lol I know fast accurate punches scares people like ts but it's the best method to get rid of someone quick. lol at saying boxing is weak. Lol ts thinks a takedown, reversal, back points, and leg riding is more effective in a fight than a haymaker to the mouth.

Lol it's so weak that the biggest star in the history of the fucking sport uses it as not only his base but as virtually his only effective means of offense; and it won him belts in two weight classes by KO within two Rds in one fight, and w/in 14 seconds in the other. Name me another base that generates ko's as quickly as boxing lol I'll wait.

Lol I know fast accurate punches scares people like ts but it's the best method to get rid of someone quick. lol at saying boxing is weak. Lol ts thinks a takedown, reversal, back points, and leg riding is more effective in a fight than a haymaker to the mouth.

There have been a few jumping Thai knees that generated instant and sudden KO's. First time I saw this done was way back when Yuki Kondo fought in Pancrase.

Frank Shamrock's instant KO of Igor Zinoviev also comes to mind as a good example of how wrestling can also be as quick and devastating as a one punch KO. Igor threw a punch, Frank ducked into a double leg takedown, dropped Igor on his head and it was a clean and quick KO finish. This wasn't as quick and efficient as a boxing KO, but it was interesting that Igor went for a boxing KO and this is how Frank responded.

Vitor Belfort was also a dangerous puncher. Anderson used that Capoeira front kick to his chin for the sudden and instant knockout.

Sambo? Same as above.

The most dominant combo in MMA is wrestling combined with boxing. World class wrestlers who learn to box at the top level are dangerous because they know how to dictate the fight.

Sambo? Same as above.

Yeah but boxing is a sport that STARTED as a sport.

All other arts were literally warfare martial arts.

Boxing, despite being a SPORT is probably more effective in practical street encounters than 50% of “Martial Arts.”

BJJ fighters aren't gonna slam anybody on their head, BJJ takedowns suck. Leave the slamming to wrestlers and judoka.

Boxing is one of the best practical martial arts since most fights are fist fights and end up quickly, often with 1 clean punch.

Ofcourse being versatile is the best, not argument here.
Bingo. Boxing is the strongest for a few reasons. Ones that come to mind are 1. The level of competition is very high since its a lucrative sport. 2.The practitioners are completely focused on perfection. Mma has to be weakest since the athletes can not be extremely efficient is all of the disciplines as there are too many. I once read an article about which martial art would be more effective in a bar room fight eg.Boxing seemed to the preferred discipline.

Conor demonstrated conclusively that MMA strikers can hang with the boxing elite.

The striking skill disparity is massively overstated. The best MMA fighters are boxers plus everything else.

sports BJJ guys can't effectively level change and put you on your ass like a wrestler can and they have no training to defend against strikes so I would honestly bet on the boxer nailing him to the wall as he comes forward.

Back