Boxing gloves in which one can make a good fist

hangulmalmotayo

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
One thing that I realized is pretty significant for me in terms of whether or not I like a glove is how well/easily I can make and hold a fist. I think this is definitely the case with Sabas Triple Cuff gloves. Can others provide examples of some other gloves where this is the case?

Muchos gracias.

If i had to rank out of experience...

Off the top of my head at the moment:

1. Winning Pro Fight (MS300) / Cleto Reyes Pro Fight / Cleto Reyes Safetec Pro Fight

then again, ^ those are all pro fight gloves. They should be easy to make a fist in right away.

I would even rate my limited experience with Amateur competition gloves (multi-layer padded ones of previous generation.. not today's IMF style amateur gloves) right under the pro fight gloves category... Everlast Amateurs (white knuckle from ~2006)... Title Masters Competition 16oz (white knuckle)

Training gloves:

2. Sabas TC / Everlast Elite

3. Winning trainers / Top Boxer Winning-inspired with Ortho

4. Everlast Powerlock

5. Sabas SuperSoft 2.0 / R2C C17 /Ringside IMF trainers (these were better fitting back in ~2006 though)

6. Cleto Reyes (thumb can be awkward at first)*

*It should be noted that Cleto Reyes took a while to break in. Once broken in, I would rate it among the top 3 or so.

Last edited:
I'm curious as well. With my cleto reyes gloves, I was able to make a good fist, however they took foooorrrreeeevvvveerrrrrrr to break in.

I'm curious as well. With my cleto reyes gloves, I was able to make a good fist, however they took foooorrrreeeevvvveerrrrrrr to break in.
Interesting. I had the training lace-ups and used them for a handful of rounds but sold them because they were so uncomfortable and did not break-in at all (not even a tiny bit) after some heavy rounds. How long did they take you approximately? Was it worth it? Maybe I'll give Cleto Reyes training gloves another shot...

I dont like the reyes thumb......but rivals and winning are good......so are c-17s from R2C. C-17 I think is the best glove for the money. I got my Reyes lace-ups from Mexico and they seemed almost broken in when i got them.....definitely well broken in after 3 weeks

Last edited:
Interesting. I had the training lace-ups and used them for a handful of rounds but sold them because they were so uncomfortable and did not break-in at all (not even a tiny bit) after some heavy rounds. How long did they take you approximately? Was it worth it? Maybe I'll give Cleto Reyes training gloves another shot...

When I purchase my Cleto Reyes, the padding were very stiff although not as stiff as my 18oz Classics gloves. The break in period in the Cleto Reyes roughly took 4 to 5 months and eventually the padding became a bit too soft for my liking. Personally in the long run, they weren't really worth it unless you were planning on using them for mitt work because of the awesome pop sound that they made and the feedback from the shots landed.

I read in Sabas gloves you can make a good fist but i contacted them twice and no one contacted me back so not really feeling that. Would like to get gloves from them but dont want to spend money in places that has poor customer service.

I read in Sabas gloves you can make a good fist but i contacted them twice and no one contacted me back so not really feeling that. Would like to get gloves from them but dont want to spend money in places that has poor customer service.
I have three pairs of Sabas. Apart from durability issues with the TC (mine lasted about 8 months and the padding in the knuckle area is completely shot—it started fading pretty early, probably at 3 months), they are my favorite gloves so far. I have been using the SuperSofts 2.0 on the heavy bag lately and after a break-in period, they feel really great.

The TCs you can make an excellent fist in, but again, durability issues (which they say should be less of a problem with the Pro Series and the upcoming Prime series). I think the SuperSofts will last longer than the TCs did.

They're a pretty small company, I think, so they don't always get back very quickly (I'm actually still waiting for a response from a couple days ago). But their products are pretty great.

I have yet to find a glove that will match the Sabas TCs in terms of fit. The only downside (which is pretty huge) is the durability...

Hi I'm sorry no one has contacted you. would you please send us an email at [email protected] and we will get back to you promptly be sure to check your spam folder sometimes our emails go to spam or promo folders

No problem, got my reply already. I am still struggling which colorway i should go with.

I would add, for cheaper options:

Ringside standard fight gloves
fight-gloves-1ACmEaSJ5asvdw.jpg

great economy layered foam gloves for the money. good for mitts and possibly bag work depending on your hands.

Fairtex BGL6
T2G.paXjFNXXXXXXXX_!!86393062.jpg

prob best glove for the money (imo) for mitt and bag use.

That's very helpful. What size BGL6s do you use?

For the BGL6 - I had 10 oz before. And currently have a 12oz pair. Both are great. The Ringside gloves are 10oz but they are not the sporty Kelly Green as shown in the picture, instead the gloves I received are like olive or army green, which I was kinda bummed about. But Meh, they are actually pretty good gloves. Fairtex are better though.

EDIT: You could always order the fairtex gloves custom all the way to 16 or 18 oz I believe ( at least 16). I got the 12oz pair on sale at TITLE boxing. I got the 12oz just to try something different. And it's standard Red with white palm. The Red really pops and is great quality for the money!! I might try the Windy fight gloves next as they seem to be a different design than the old 10oz laceup pair I have. Workhorses as well.

Last edited:
Picked up a pair of BGL6s for $59.99 shipped.

Time to sell some gloves...

Picked up a pair of BGL6s for $59.99 shipped.

Time to sell some gloves...

Good on you. I hope you like them. But they are not sparring gloves, mind you. I think you will be pleasantly supprised with the quality.

That's a damn good price too.

Good on you. I hope you like them. But there not sparring gloves, mind you. I think you will be pleasantly supprised with the quality.

That's a damn good price too.
Just sold two pairs of gloves to justify this. Haha.

I got the 12oz pair. Excited to try them out.

Back