Boxing Games For PC

HankTheHookworm

Retired Football Hooligan
Reaction score
I tried playing fight night round 3 via PS2 emulator, but its just too slow running/unplayable. Maybe I should have adjusted some settings (I have no clue on what to change though) or my pc is too slow, which is unlikely, as Ive played games way newer than Fight Night Round 3.

So can anyone suggest any decent boxing games for the PC?

1987?? GTFO... I'm not wasting my money on a console just to be able to play a boxing game though.

I tried playing fight night round 3 via PS2 emulator, but its just too slow running/unplayable. Maybe I should have adjusted some settings (I have no clue on what to change though) or my pc is too slow, which is unlikely, as Ive played games way newer than Fight Night Round 3.

So can anyone suggest any decent boxing games for the PC?

Nah man Fight Night r3 is fucked I'm basically running a super computer and cant emulate it.

Yeah, there might be different plugins and settings that could help but with newer generation emulators like PS2 and Gamecube, it takes a lot more power to run certain games.

I'm presuming you're running PCSX2. Which version, what plugins/settings are you using and what are your PC specs?

(Assuming that this kind of discussion is okay. Not discussing anything illegal, just the emulator itself.)

AFAIK, there are no decent PC-only boxing games.

I'm using pcsx2 0.9.7.3876m

Specs arent that great... 2 GB Ram, 3,6 ghz
I dunno about the plugins/settings, I havent touched them.

I'm using pcsx2 0.9.7.3876m

Specs arent that great... 2 GB Ram, 3,6 ghz
I dunno about the plugins/settings, I havent touched them.

Do you know what your graphics card is?

If not and you dont know how, go to start, then run, type in "dxdiag" and goto Display.

Either way I'm sure with FN3 the fastest will still be relatively slow. But on their website it says that with PCSX2 0.9.6 that FN3 is compatible.

Messing with different plugins, settings and speedhacks might help as well. I was able to get my PRIDE FC disc to run at about 20/30fps, and I have an onboard graphics card.

its a gforce 6800 GTS or something like that... I had a 9800 gt before that, but the fan died on that one, and it died as well... so I had to put the older one in.

I'll try setting the graphic settings to lowest, maybe I can play it then.

I'll try setting the graphic settings to lowest, maybe I can play it then.

In PCSX2, go to config, and then click on "Speed Hacks" and try working with some of those and see if it helps any. It also helps to goto CPU, and either click "Normal" or "Frame Skip".

Also, try seeing which CDVD and graphics plugins you have. For me personally, GSdx 0.1.9 and CDVD 0.1.0 work the best.

Get snes9x and nesticle and go kick bald bull's ass

punch-out/super punch-out is still the best boxing game ever imo. Even if they're more on the cartoony side, i'll take those games over fight night any time

Get snes9x and nesticle and go kick bald bull's ass

punch-out/super punch-out is still the best boxing game ever imo. Even if they're more on the cartoony side, i'll take those games over fight night any time

Yes. :icon_chee It's always great to go back and play those every now and then. Old school gaming FTW.

The only boxing game built for the PC I can think of is Worldwide Boxing Manager which is a pretty basic management simulator. It's fun for what it is but not worth spending any real money on.

4d_sports_boxing_01.gif

Yeah 4D rules, and the names of fighters are also pretty amusing Rocky Marzzipano, Mohamad Ali Baba, Smokin' Joe Blow, Flash Gorgon...

Yeah 4D rules, and the names of fighters are also pretty amusing Rocky Marzzipano, Mohamad Ali Baba, Smokin' Joe Blow, Flash Gorgon...

George Forehead

Im more impressed with your hustle than I am with your game dude but good luck with it

Back