Boxing from Kickboxing

Frenchie1133

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi fellows, new to the forum!

I have been trainning kickboxing for a year, was thinking of starting to compete amateur but recently accepted a position where I work 9-9 and being in a small city no gym accomodates those hours... My current club schedule makes it so i can train once a week. I need to stay at this job for at least a year to advance like I want in my career!

My question for you guys is how can I keep improving or at least not regress during this year? I would especially like to improve my hands and head movement.

I have a punching bag and room to do some partner drills but not quite enough to spar.

I have been doing line drills(striking moving foward and backwards). As well as working on individual techniques I already know from the club. Also still doing my roadwork!

Depending on your level, shadow boxing may help you. I personally think shadow boxing is beneficial for every one, but if you're experienced enough to visualize an opponent it's a great way to keep sharp. But you need to visualize attacks, defenses and movement of your target, not just a body in front of you.

Even if you don't have room to move, keep doing drills with partners. And not just holding mits, but active defense/attack drills.

If you can, invest in a double-end bag.

Keep training on your cardio, flexibility and all those things that are faking boring to do when you don't have a trainer to remind/force you do it...

(And seriously consider moving from KB to MT, you will become a better fighter, and a better human being)

(And seriously consider moving from KB to MT, you will become a better fighter, and a better human being)

Would love to, im a huge fan of elbows and would love to learn them as well but the only mt gym in a 2hour surrounding has no equiment other then thai pads... I prefer having heavy bags and a ring to work with!

Back