Boxing Fans Should be Thanking Conor McGregor

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of resentment of Conor McGregor from some die hard Boxing fans, but boxing fans (and Floyd Mayweather) should be thanking McGregor for this fight. Boxing has become a niche sport that far fewer people give a shit about than did in the previous century. MMA dominates the combat sports market now, and this fight is bringing some of those MMA fans back into the fold to spend their hard-earned money on it. Be grateful that McGregor is bringing money to a sport that is now just a shell of its former self (especially if it ends up being an easy win for Mayweather).

Last edited:
You sound cute as hell, girl.

Boxing is really a piss-ant sport now. It is sad what happened to it. McGregor is breathing a little life back into it.

There seems to be a lot of resentment of Conor McGregor from some die hard Boxing fans, but boxing fans (and Floyd Mayweather) should be thanking McGregor for this fight. Boxing has become a niche sport that far fewer people give a shit about than did in the previous century. MMA dominates the combat sports market now, and this fight is brining some of those MMA fans back into the fold to spend their hard-earned money on it. Be grateful that McGregor is bringing money to a sport that is now just a shell of its former self (especially if it ends up being an easy win for Mayweather).
Boxing fans don't like a circus. MMA fans are used to it, its what the sport is based on.

Boxing fans don't like a circus. MMA fans are used to it, its what the sport is based on.

I'll take your word for it.

apollo-creed-rocky-iv-america.gif

Boxing is really a piss-ant sport now. It is sad what happened to it. McGregor is breathing a little life back into it.

Your most popular fighter ever is now a boxer.

Your second most popular fighter ever just failed his post fight drug test yet again and is looking at a 4 year ban.

Your third most popular fighter ever just retired after getting wrecked by a female boxing champ and another woman who can punch and is now going to the WWE.

GTFO.

Shit thread. Enjoy the wasteland.

I'm embarrassed that I used to like MMA. I hate everything about it.

Your most popular fighter ever is now a boxer.

Your second most popular fighter ever just failed his post fight drug test yet again and is looking at a 4 year ban.

Your third most popular fighter ever just retired after getting wrecked by a female boxing champ and another woman who can punch and is now going to the WWE.

GTFO.

Amazing that Boxing lives in the shadow of MMA now, isn't it?

You are 100% right. Boxing fans like to deny it,but the only boxers that sell any significant amount of ppv are mexican fighters. The best non mexican fighters that there is ggg and lomachenko don't even break 100k buys. Lomachenko hasn't even been featured in a ppv main event and probably never will unless he fights a mexican fighter! Lol. Mexicans even watch soccer!! Lolol

Back