Boxing Discussion VIII

Corrales vs Castillo 1 and Moorer vs Foreman are the two off the top of my head that come to mind. Obviously Chavez vs Taylor when it comes to time left to win but the way that Corrales vs Castillo round 10 played out I think it takes it for pure excitement even though Corrales was actually up on the cards.

Corrales vs Castillo 1 and Moorer vs Foreman are the two off the top of my head that come to mind. Obviously Chavez vs Taylor when it comes to time left to win but the way that Corrales vs Castillo round 10 played out I think it takes it for pure excitement even though Corrales was actually up on the cards.

And it's not like the first 9 rounds were boring either! They both were landing HARD shots all night and basically fought like they were in a phone booth together. And Chico was up on the cards going into rd 10 but he was on his way to losing that round 10-7 at best so most likely he had little shot to win a dec.

But yeah that round is just legendary. One of those things you see but still almost don't believe.

And it's not like the first 9 rounds were boring either! They both were landing HARD shots all night and basically fought like they were in a phone booth together. And Chico was up on the cards going into rd 10 but he was on his way to losing that round 10-7 at best so most likely he had little shot to win a dec.

But yeah that round is just legendary. One of those things you see but still almost don't believe.

For sure, if you had watched that happen in a movie you'd say it was completely unrealistic lol.

this was pretty close to corrales/castillo, going from round two to round three

Taking 1.5u on Sultan @ 5.50 against Ancajas this weekend.

Have one more prop play that I'm waiting for, let's not jinx it, hope we get more than +1000.

Taking 1.5u on Sultan @ 5.50 against Ancajas this weekend.

Have one more prop play that I'm waiting for, let's not jinx it, hope we get more than +1000.

I like that play, Sultan is tough and unconventional in his style, has wicked left hook too. I think Ancajas does enough to take a points win but I'll be playing Sultan also.

hopefully there will be live betting in the event of a hedge possibility against top rank promoted ancajas

Caught the line about 2 hours before it closed, watched all the previous fights of each guy I could find and the styles just look a clear advantage to Kaoullas. Bargero liked to bully and brawl but was very open to shots, especially off the break. Kaoullas had the size advantage, decent jab and body work and switched to working with Sam Soliman, who in interviews said he looked great. I try to read as much interviews as possible, past fights and check for training camp info too.
OK. Good work . I need to look up more interviews

oscar escandon +355

the columbian is with samspson boxing who has co-promoted many fights with tgp so oscar should get a fair deal if the fight goes to the cards and hopefully some favortism by the judges. i think his foront foot pressure and high output could make this fight closer than the odds and, imo, king tug was losing his last fight against delatorre until harmonito arguably gassed in the last four rounds from fighting at a weight he had not fought at in his entire career. oscar has suffered some early knockdown but if he can remain upright he could win a decision here. im hoping to also bet king tug dec prop if offered at +150

Ok, ok, I don't want to jinx this and hope that we are not being monitored here in regard to boxing odds openers...

The prop I'm eyeing is Escandon KO. Nyam has somewhat untested punch resistance. While Harmonito is one of the most underrated boxers imo, Escandon is still levels above him. I agree there is still value on the ML, but I don't think he's gonna get a decision win.

i bet the ml because of the possiblibty of a dec. sampson lewkowicz promotes escandon and sampson boxing has done many promotions with tgp.

i doubt there are going to be props on this low-key fight and even though the asian is going to tower over the columbian at the weigh and the line might move against me i dont see the columbian being such a large dog. and if escandons back was an issue in the postponed grjr fight and he is now 100 percent healthy this fight is closer to a pick em

Going big on Inoue, also like this other prop. 1u = £300.

Naoya Inoue ML @ 1.20 - 15u to win 3u

Jamie McDonnell to be knocked down in rounds 1-6 @ 2.20 - 1.38u to win 1.2u (limited amount I can put on)

Will likely have more plays when more markets for the Acajas fight get released.

Jamie McDonnell to be knocked down in rounds 1-6 @ 2.20 - 1.38u to win 1.2u (limited amount I can put on)

Will likely have more plays when more markets for the Acajas fight get released.
Nice, where are you getting that Jamie McDonnell to be knocked down in rounds 1-6 line?

Nice, where are you getting that Jamie McDonnell to be knocked down in rounds 1-6 line?

SkyBet, was limited to £416.67 on it but I like it's value and think even if McDonnell lasts late into the fight he could definitely taste the canvas early on. Biggest single value play I hit this year was Khan to knock LeGreco down in round 1 @ 23.00 which was fantastic value.

SkyBet, was limited to £416.67 on it but I like it's value and think even if McDonnell lasts late into the fight he could definitely taste the canvas early on. Biggest single value play I hit this year was Khan to knock LeGreco down in round 1 @ 23.00 which was fantastic value.
Yes I remember that Khan RD 1 KD, a lot of us here were on Khan DEC.

Either in rounds 1-6 is @2.6 and Inoue rounds 1-6 is @2.62, so I was looking to bet either in rounds 1-6. I like that Jamie McDonnell to be knocked down in rounds 1-6 @2.2 much better though, but my country is restricted so I'm not allowed to register with SkyBet.

Hopefully some of my bookies will come with a similar line.

Last edited:
Not exactly a "tip" as such but if you are looking to add some value to a parlay or double Ken Shiro (Best price @ 1.33) should really get the job done again vs Ganigan Lopez.

The first fight saw it fairly even through the first 4 rounds, then Shiro's youth carried him through to take most of the following rounds until the last 3, Lopez gave a valiant effort in the final 3 and Shiro got the the majority decision, I think the 115-113 scorecards were fair.

Lopez is 36, Shiro is 10 years younger at 26 and I'd be surprised to see this playing out any other way this time than the first few rounds being even and then Shiro taking control. It's hard for me to imagine Lopez being able to give that valiant effort he gave late in the last fight so I expect we see Shiro take this wider on the cards, perhaps 117-111 or something similar.

i

i'm big on inoue too

McDonnell was an hour late for the weigh in but given he made weight (without looking like death) I’m finding it hard to decide to which rounds to play, possibly 5-8 or may just stick with my current plays.

Back