Boxing Discussion VIII

Opinions on Baranchyk vs Petrov? It's on the undercard of Prograis/Indongo. I think Baranchyk is awful. No boxing skill, no jab, jumping in with wild hooks and not much power now he's started to face better opposition. Petrov is a seasoned pro who's lost to Flanagan (decision), Zlaticanin (decision) & Maidana (KO4). His loss to Flanagan was his last fight and he certainly wasn't dominated. This is definitely Baranchyk's first real test and I see a very strong possibility of an upset. Great odds on Petrov. Apparently Petrov was training for a fight too before getting the short notice call to step in for Anthony Yigit, who was originally supposed to be fighting Baranchyk, so he should be in good shape.

Opinions on Baranchyk vs Petrov? It's on the undercard of Prograis/Indongo. I think Baranchyk is awful. No boxing skill, no jab, jumping in with wild hooks and not much power now he's started to face better opposition. Petrov is a seasoned pro who's lost to Flanagan (decision), Zlaticanin (decision) & Maidana (KO4). His loss to Flanagan was his last fight and he certainly wasn't dominated. This is definitely Baranchyk's first real test and I see a very strong possibility of an upset. Great odds on Petrov. Apparently Petrov was training for a fight too before getting the short notice call to step in for Anthony Yigit, who was originally supposed to be fighting Baranchyk, so he should be in good shape.

Overall I'd say he's worth putting some down on, purely because I don't think he should be as big a dog as he is (3.95).

Size could be the telling difference here, but still, Baranchyk lacks finesse and this is his biggest test, Petrov is tough, decent punch selection and more experienced.

I've got some down, nothing huge obviously but like I said the odds are off.

Overall I'd say he's worth putting some down on, purely because I don't think he should be as big a dog as he is (3.95).

Size could be the telling difference here, but still, Baranchyk lacks finesse and this is his biggest test, Petrov is tough, decent punch selection and more experienced.

I've got some down, nothing huge obviously but like I said the odds are off.

Baranchyk's first 12 rounder too.

I'll throw a few on that myself as it is a big step up for Baranchyk in his first 12 rounder: Petr Petrov (+250) vs Ivan Baranchyk $100.00 for $250.00

Small play to make it interesting: Julius Indongo (+475) vs Regis Prograis $50.00 for $237.50

what's your most confident picks for tonight (saturday)?

quigg dec worth a stab?

i was on luis ortiz dec last weekend and still salty.

what's your most confident picks for tonight (saturday)?

quigg dec worth a stab?

i was on luis ortiz dec last weekend and still salty.
Just seen quigg fractured his foot in this camp apparently according to a journalist. Gonna hit Valdez KO small

so the csac is going to allow quigg to fight with a fractured foot?

maybe this is scott trying to make an excuse for unprofessionally not making weight.

Lack of selection props-wise for the Castsno vs Vitu. Playing the under @ 3.00, Castano done well in his last outing against Soro in France in only his 13th pro fight. Well schooled amateur with solid amateur experiences, reminds me a bit of Martinez.

Vitu is experienced but for how many fights and wins he has, he lacks a lot of big names and has been dropped by lesser guys before.

Worth a bit at those odds, done looking for value in dog ML's unless I strongly believe they will win, was looking to unload on Prograis TKO but could only get 1.57 odds, wanted a bit bigger. Hit 7-12 which looks silly in hindsight, going to try go for a huge night tonight even if it means some big stakes.

Quigg vs Valdez in jeopardy after Quigg refuses morning weight check, leading Valdez camp to be concerned how much he is going to weigh.

Last edited:
quite a few close matchups tonight.. you guys got anything on these fights?

Commey VS Luna
Reed VS Barboza
Vences VS De Leon

Back