Boxing Discussion VIII

wilder-ortiz-official-scorecards.jpg

What a joke

sick i think i only had Wilder winning the round where he got the kd =/

Who wins between Luis Ortiz vs Joseph Parker & Kovalev vs Bivol?

I'm already 1.5u on GGG dec at +245. Any of the boxing guys making any plays on that fight yet? I know it's 2 months away. I'm gonna be in Vegas for it and I will probably hit GGG's ML too when I'm out there.

I just kinda don't get the line. First fight was a robbery, GGG should have won the dec for sure. Fight goes distance is -155, so books think it's more likely to see the cards than not. IDK, I'm not as much a boxing expert as a lot of guys in here, but to me GGG dec is the most likely outcome. Yet Alvarez dec odds are +215? Who the F thinks it's more likely he wins a dec than that GGG does? I get the corruption and shady judging and stuff, but really?

Help me out guys, maybe I'm looking at this wrong...

I skipped betting this past weekend's fights, but I have an opinion on this bout for what it is worth. I was on GGG and the over in the first fight, but even though I thought GGG won, on re-watches I can see how some might think it was arguably close, even though the draw was a stretch in my mind where Canelo had to have gotten every benefit of the doubt that he could be given in every round where there was one to get. But anyway, my main takeaway going forward to the re-match is that GGG, for all his power, never really hurt Canelo in the fight. And to my way of thinking, that's a problem for a one year older GGG, especially now that Canelo has the confidence of having faced him once. And especially since Canelo seemed to be doing very well in the late rounds of the first fight. So for this re-match I favor Canelo to win and will be betting his moneyline with him as a similar priced underdog as last time, plus the over and Canelo by decision in addition to some split & majority decision props for both boxers if they are offered at decent odds.

I like Quigg @ 4.00... 1u on that.

Also have some on Quigg when it opened.

Valdez puts 100% into every shot and although technically he's sounder than Quigg, Quigg pushes a tough pace, can take a decent shot and packs some power in his shots. We could see Valdez fade down the stretch and Quigg's pressure allow him to take over and give Valdez some problems.

Quigg dec @ 10 at bet365...
Ok, that's stupid.
0.75u on that as well.

Also.

2u Garcia dec @ 2.50 at betfair
0.4u Lipinets dec @ 26 at bet365

That gives odds around 2.28 to go to distance, compared to 1.83 opened at 5dimes. I quite like that angle.

Edit :
Another one.
Indongo +275 dog versus Prograis, short notice for Indongo. Man, Prograis is legit as fuck, but not -400 fave vs Indongo legit..
1u Indongo +275

Last edited:

Seeing this on some other major news sites as well. Thought it might be some useful information for you guys.

Hopefully still goes ahead, numerous cases of this happening with tainted meats as he is saying and it getting dropped (no fault).

Let's hope so anyway, would be gutted to see this not go ahead.

Hopefully still goes ahead, numerous cases of this happening with tainted meats as he is saying and it getting dropped (no fault).

Let's hope so anyway, would be gutted to see this not go ahead.

It's of course possible to eat meat contaminated with Clen in a country like Mexico but let's be real, he's taken it for be performance enhancing benefits.... such a big money fight though, I think it still goes ahead.

I skipped betting this past weekend's fights, but I have an opinion on this bout for what it is worth. I was on GGG and the over in the first fight, but even though I thought GGG won, on re-watches I can see how some might think it was arguably close, even though the draw was a stretch in my mind where Canelo had to have gotten every benefit of the doubt that he could be given in every round where there was one to get. But anyway, my main takeaway going forward to the re-match is that GGG, for all his power, never really hurt Canelo in the fight. And to my way of thinking, that's a problem for a one year older GGG, especially now that Canelo has the confidence of having faced him once. And especially since Canelo seemed to be doing very well in the late rounds of the first fight. So for this re-match I favor Canelo to win and will be betting his moneyline with him as a similar priced underdog as last time, plus the over and Canelo by decision in addition to some split & majority decision props for both boxers if they are offered at decent odds.

My thoughts exactly. Younger, still improving, more time to grow into the weight and get stronger.

I'm already parlaying some fights with the over in the GGG/Canelo fight

I disagree that Canelo will have an advantage a year later. I think it's much easier for GGG to make the small adjustments needed in the rematch.

Back