Boxing Discussion VIII

I had it 7-5 for GGG. I think he won more rounds clearly but many were close so if the close ones go to Canelo, he wins. I disagree with the cards but it wasnt a "robbery". 12th going to Canelo is dodgy however

How can anyone bet these fights? I would never put my money in the corrupt judges hands. Nt when it comes to the money guys like Canelo.

That being said it's amazing how different this fight was than the first and I still thought GGG won on my card. CANELO was the aggressor most of the fight but aside from some nice lead left hooks here and there GGG constantly snapped his head back with the jab over and over, only this time he was on the defensive instead of pushing forward.

fuck i'm so pissed i fell asleep i would have hedged my golovkin action with canelo as a big dog but instead it sounds like i got hosed.

Weirdest day of betting for me that I can remember. Was having a great UFC but had way too much on Hunt. Both my hedges (Alexei sub and Alexei rd 1) hit but I still took a bath on that fight and gave back all of my profits from the rest of the card (plus 1.1u). Was so pissed. Had decent action on GGG last night. Didn't buy or watch fhe fight but was tracking the media scoring and most had it really close and a lot were scoring it for Canelo. Didn't understand the live odds so switched sides HUGE to Canelo at +315. Ended the day nicely profitable but took the weirdest route to get there.

With Povetkin never having been stopped in his professional boxing career I'm taking a gamble on Joshua/Povetkin Over 8½ rounds at +145 this Saturday.

That 8 1/2 is way better than the +115 available to me. Will however bet the over 7.5 at -110 or wait for movement.

AJ said he likes to hit and not be hit and enjoys being defensively sound so that lends itself to going deep

That said, i think i gotta take Povetkin at these odds. More detailed analysis when i have time

That said, i think i gotta take Povetkin at these odds. More detailed analysis when i have time
I cant see him winning. AJ is so much bigger, can hide behind the jab and use his size if he needs to. I like the over or even AJ decision at +400 or so. AJ has said he likes the defensive side of boxing. Hit and dont be hit. While i would prefer him to come out blasting dudes he is a smart boxer. Makes the over more appealing

My main bet for this weekend is Okolie dec. He couldn't finish an injured Chamberlain, Askin is a tough cookie.

Also bits and pieces of Joshua UD, Price Dec at crazy odds and Campbell to win after being kd +900 odds, really good value.

Why did you move to a chat?

Were you afraid that bookies would read your posts?!

Since I found this thread a couple of months ago, I was always looking forward to your opinions!!

Usually, Im too lazy and/or occupied to write much in forums like this…

Time to make a contribution.

I like okolie, cant see past a Joshua win, undecided wether late ko or indeed another wpts, Campbell will probably win on points…

Even though it blocks your money for a long time, Breidis to win CW 2 looks pretty sure to me, Dorticos suffered a bad ko and even at his best he is not at Breidis level…

Why did you move to a chat?

Were you afraid that bookies would read your posts?!

Since I found this thread a couple of months ago, I was always looking forward to your opinions!!

Usually, Im too lazy and/or occupied to write much in forums like this…

Time to make a contribution.

I like okolie, cant see past a Joshua win, undecided wether late ko or indeed another wpts, Campbell will probably win on points…

Even though it blocks your money for a long time, Breidis to win CW 2 looks pretty sure to me, Dorticos suffered a bad ko and even at his best he is not at Breidis level…
We moved to a discord because there was too many trolls here too much shit talk etc the chat is good fun n much better than sherdog tbf

Tough card at wembley. I just backed each underdog for 1u. They all have solid chances. Price and Povetkin by KO as I think that is their only chance. Mendy and Askin just to win.

Tough card at wembley. I just backed each underdog for 1u. They all have solid chances. Price and Povetkin by KO as I think that is their only chance. Mendy and Askin just to win.

Totally agree, Askin Dec @10.00 for me, Price ITD @6.50
That’s probably it just for interest, I’m guilty of trying to force plays sometimes which ultimately end up with me posting a L

guessing its a bit of a mismatch but took a degen bet on Shak DEC +300 only 6 rounds and he could not finish a complete bum a few fights ago

wtf they just changed it 8 rounds. hate when that happends :( boxrec had 6 rounds and 365 had 6 rounds when fight started

wtf they just changed it 8 rounds. hate when that happends :( boxrec had 6 rounds and 365 had 6 rounds when fight started

Get on the live chat and tell them your not happy, if it got to 6 you’d have a really strong case but still worth a shot

My main bet for this weekend is Okolie dec. He couldn't finish an injured Chamberlain, Askin is a tough cookie.

Also bits and pieces of Joshua UD, Price Dec at crazy odds and Campbell to win after being kd +900 odds, really good value.
Price Dec? If Price wins isn't it far more likely a TKO? If I remember correctly Price rocked Povetkin a couple of months ago. Price Dec pays triple what ITD pays but I just do not see it cashing. However, if you think the match goes longer than expected. The over 4.5 is not too bad.

Last edited:
Price looking solid in R1 lets hope he can protect that chin

Back