Boxing Discussion VIII

Added 0.8u Yoka dec @ 3.00

0.2u Yoka dec + Yarde R1-5 + Dubois R3-4 + Taylor R1-5 + Murray KO @ 403.99

Also step 3 from my 1u to 20u project:

1.66u on Taylor to return 1.876u at Skybet

Last edited:
Not likely at all, I'm very confident he actually gets stopped by Taylor.

How fast do you think taylors feet are?

And how well do you think he closes distance?

Or do you just think postol is too much on a decline now to go 12 with taylor ?

How fast do you think taylors feet are?

And how well do you think he closes distance?

Or do you just think postol is too much on a decline now to go 12 with taylor ?

I don't think they're lightning, but with his style he doesn't necessarily need them to be. His positioning of his feet is good, he knows when to sit down on his shots in close. I rate his ability to close the distance too, but we're yet to see it against a guy like Postol but I believe he'll look very good.

In terms of Postol being on the decline, I do think his recent fights have taken their toll, he's not 'shot', but he's definitely not the same guy from a few years ago. I think Taylor will create a pressure cooker in there, work the body early on and when it gets into the mid-late rounds I think we'll see Postol showing the effects of it. I also think Postol will need to watch out when trying to separate from the infighting, Taylor can catch him exiting.

I've added more to Yoka TKO - Already on it due to the size and talent of Yoka, that right straight is going to land hard at some point albeit maybe not early. Allen looked phenomenal for the Thomas rematch talking about how serious he's taking Boxing now etc.... well going from this to this screams a lack of dedication; can't see him going 10 with Yoka.

DXSeNz2W4AAb6YZ.jpg

DgUwPISWsAAnCuM.jpg:large

I don't think they're lightning, but with his style he doesn't necessarily need them to be. His positioning of his feet is good, he knows when to sit down on his shots in close. I rate his ability to close the distance too, but we're yet to see it against a guy like Postol but I believe he'll look very good.

In terms of Postol being on the decline, I do think his recent fights have taken their toll, he's not 'shot', but he's definitely not the same guy from a few years ago. I think Taylor will create a pressure cooker in there, work the body early on and when it gets into the mid-late rounds I think we'll see Postol showing the effects of it. I also think Postol will need to watch out when trying to separate from the infighting, Taylor can catch him exiting.

thanks for the reply mate

on dubois under 3.5 rounds. little gets trapped on ropes easily and isnt strong in a clinch, has fast hands but doesnt maintain a high enough output to stunt opponents offense and doesnt punch hard enough to keep guys off.

i havent seen taylor catch guys while they are exiting. ive seen taylor initiate clinches. ive seen postol be extremely keen to clinch. the times when vasquez was on outside , whilst taylor does always maintain mental and physical pressure on his opponent, his method of closin distance seemed predictable,

Thanks for the reply mate

I havent seen taylor punish his opponent whilst theyre exiting. Ive seen taylor initiate clinches. Postol clinches a lot - that and his ability to be on outside has prevented him getting koed.

But postol didnt look good in his last fight. Was a close fight:

Got knocked down officially once and unofficially two times in 1st round.

On dubois under 3.5 rounds. Whilst little has had notice for this fight and has fast hands he lacks strength and power and doesnt have the sustained output. He gets trapped on ropes often. He has a good guard but not amazing.

I'm on Taylor 7-12 and Yoka KO tonight, will also look to LB Taylor KO or the unders/fdngtd

ugh why could you not do that in r4 =/

Last edited:
I bet it when he knocked him down but doesn't look like it will hit

Are you watching the Yarde fight? I was going to bet the over. That polish kid isn't going down till between 7-12. IMO.

i dunno about that.. Yarde could finish him anytime he wants if he would just throw some combo's.. but he seems content to get rounds in

Yarde ITD was -432. A little too much juice for me. I took a pass even though it will probably hit. I have a great deal on Taylor ITD, No decision & Fight does not go distance. I am limited to win 100 until the line changes. And occasionally ITD would be worse than no decision or even does not go the distance. People betting without even bothering to notice the difference in prices. Always amazed at that. Everyone who is on Taylor. May fortune be with us all.

Are you watching the Yarde fight? I was going to bet the over. That polish kid isn't going down till between 7-12. IMO.
I bet it in the 1st round at nice odds but switched over to the Yoka fight now, 6th round there now

Back