Boxing Discussion VIII

I like Thursday night boxing. I'll tail Cr0w. Took Manny Robles Jr. at +115 and +123.

i parlayed Manzanarez at +110 with Danny Roman at -901. $198 to win $264

Big size disadvantage for Gesta here, Manza's about 5'11-6ft whereas Gesta looks about 5'5. This guy Manza has a lot of stoppages on his record. He also goes to the body well.
Manzanerez is listed at 5'7" on BoxRec and 5'8" on Wikipedia while Gesta is listed at 5'7" on both.

Wow, the sites has Manzanarez's height wrong:

gesta%20-manzanarez%20%20(2).jpg

Robert Manzanarez (-165) vs Mercito Gesta $165.00 for $100.00
Robert Manzanarez (-165) vs Mercito Gesta $165.00 for $100.00

Manny Robles Jr. (+115) vs Edgar Valerio $100.00 for $115.00
Manny Robles Jr. (+123) vs Edgar Valerio ~$96.75 for ~$119.00

0.6u Manzanarez @ 1.73
1.5u Joyce round 1 @ 3.75
1.5u Joyce round 2 @ 3.42

But there is footage on Joyce. Everyone around here knows I don't rate Joyce extremely high, but this is not a fight to fade him. Lartey is coming in for a check and to get out as quickly as possible.

Lartey has fought most of his career at cruiserweight. His best opponent on his resume is a bum that koed him. Joyce is not going to look well if he doesn't take him out. He's 32 and he needs to get to the title picture ASAP and Haye knows that.

I guess I'll take my chances even without tape. :)

Joyce isn't the most technical fighter but we've seen in the Lenroy Thomas fight that he can just march people down and maul them. That strategy probably works well against lower level opposition. He might struggle when he starts facing more technical boxers though.

2u Ritson ITD @ 1.61

Man these fuckers. I always look for odds in the morning when I wake up for a piss. Now they start releasing them during the day? Haha

1u Kelly dec @ 3.50

Do I think he can get the aussie out? Sure. But 3.50 odds to get a dec? I'll take that!

I'm really curious at the odds for under/over for Joyce/Bacurin

Last edited:
A small cover on the draw in the Robles vs Valerio bout @ 21.00. 2 unbeaten GB boxers, if it’s close on the cards the draw represents great value.

Do you guys think we'll have LB on tonight's card?

Taking also 0.6u on Ritson r7-12 @ 4.50.
He spoke pretty high about his opponent and not wanting to underestimate him. I can only hope he survives until 7th. I took the ko line at 1.61, I don't think it has any more value at 1.33. This prop has way more value imo.

Also 0.12u on draw @ 29 at Ladbr with daily boost (can't get more than that on it) for Robles-Valerio

Do you guys think we'll have LB on tonight's card?

Taking also 0.6u on Ritson r7-12 @ 4.50.
He spoke pretty high about his opponent and not wanting to underestimate him. I can only hope he survives until 7th. I took the ko line at 1.61, I don't think it has any more value at 1.33. This prop has way more value imo.

Also 0.12u on draw @ 29 at Ladbr with daily boost (can't get more than that on it) for Robles-Valerio

Doubt theres lb as no props

Yeah a draw is totally feasible, the judges might not want to blemish either guys record. Saw this happen on a Top Rank card awhile back. Andy Vences vs De Leon.

Went ahead & threw $50 on it.

Ok I'm able to stay up to watch the boxing tonight, so I'm tailing for some action:

1,66u Manzanarez @1,61

1u Robles WIN @2,15 to win
0,15u Draw @21

Back