Boxing Discussion VIII

UD for Santa Cruz, cashed for the double but taking small loss.

Fight was way closer than the scorecards...Strange shit.

Got well out of boxing and UFC Overall, bit over +12u profit due to Whitaker DEC...

Started the night from -500 due to Flanagan... Had he won, not only I had his ML and DEC bets, but this beauty as well.

We march forward though

Attachments

• fuck off.PNG
    fuck off.PNG
    24.9 KB · Views: 19
Some very cool cards next week, got some good leans, let's hope we get good odds on them as well!

'sup with the website, @CR0W ?

Some very cool cards next week, got some good leans, let's hope we get good odds on them as well!

'sup with the website, @CR0W ?

Pretty much live, just trying to figure out best way to publish it from now on etc, layout and style of writing.

I’ll be away next weekend so hope we get lines up relatively early, not going to be doing big write ups for the site for next weekend, just won’t have the time, so any leans I have I’ll just be posting here.

I like Kyle Williams @ 1.58 against Thomas Essomba tomorrow.

Williams is a former world champion kickboxer, he's the hometown guy and I seen him being able to implement the same game plan Jay Harris did against Essomba in his victory.

Essomba has represented his country at the Olympics twice, has experience and decent power but he's there to be hit and a well varied boxer like Williams can take advantage. As long as he avoids carelessly walking into a big shot I seen him being able to outbox Essomba well from the outside.

Nice pick to double up with another selection if need be.

Williams won a split decision in case anyone else stuck him in a double, I think the 2 judges that gave him it by 3 rounds were correct.

Great weekend overall, few losses on live betting but fantastic nonetheless, hugely thanks to Crawford and Whittaker (lucky I know).

Last weeks stats were - 27.71 unit profit – 53.1% ROI
Today, the stats now stand at - 44.33u of profit 48.8% ROI

So massive unit profit but drop in ROI with the big money plays on Crawford. If I included the LB from the Wlod Durodola bout I'd be sitting at 53.23u profit and 56.8% ROI.

Obviously it's only been 3 and a bit weeks so far but it's a solid start, numbers will more than likely lessen as time goes on but as long as I'm in profit I'm happy.

Now time to start watching fights for next weekends action and see what stands out.

Great weekend overall, few losses on live betting but fantastic nonetheless, hugely thanks to Crawford and Whittaker (lucky I know).

So massive unit profit but drop in ROI with the big money plays on Crawford. If I included the LB from the Wlod Durodola bout I'd be sitting at 53.23u profit and 56.8% ROI.

Obviously it's only been 3 and a bit weeks so far but it's a solid start, numbers will more than likely lessen as time goes on but as long as I'm in profit I'm happy.

Now time to start watching fights for next weekends action and see what stands out.
Congrats, some very good stats there! Looks like a lot of us made a killing these past two weekends and that’s great!

Great ROI.

I'm struggling to calculate mine as I tend to have lots of hedges and freerolls in my stats and have no clue how to figure it out with that profit laying around.
Looking forward to your website official lunch and subscription thing.

Crawford size bet next week on Taylor to keep this rolling? I don't think more money will come in on Postol, hehe..

I took a little Postol +700. Hell probably get starched but he did stop Lucas Matthyse and has only lost to Crawford who we now heard beat the shit out of Timothy Bradley like 7 years ago in sparring before anybody knew who he was.

Man, Crawford took the life out of him. He almost got stopped by a journeyman last fight and won a dodgy decision He's not the same...

Also taking 2u on Parker. I just think he's better than Whyte. Whyte has wins against shot fighters like Helenius and Browne. Even the win against Chisora was dogdy. Only thing that worries me is home judging.

hope we get more opportunities like crawford. reminds me of inoue, mayweather among others. love getting -300 to -500's that are meant to be -250000000000

I'm gonna start a fun experiment, trying to get 1u to 20u by playing all-in on "safe" oods. Will try to keep odds small, see how it goes.

First stop, 1u Hunter DNB @ 1.19

I'm gonna start a fun experiment, trying to get 1u to 20u by playing all-in on "safe" oods. Will try to keep odds small, see how it goes.

First stop, 1u Hunter DNB @ 1.19
Not sure about the wisdom of doing those types of bets all the time. Progress would be painfully slow. And yeah it's fine with the Crawfords/Mayweathers but at some point you'll lose one and it'll set you way back.

You're current style of betting is working fine, you are murdering the books atm lol.

Not sure about the wisdom of doing those types of bets all the time. Progress would be painfully slow. And yeah it's fine with the Crawfords/Mayweathers but at some point you'll lose one and it'll set you way back.

You're current style of betting is working fine, you are murdering the books atm lol.

Totally agree and will keep the same style of betting as before. This is just a side track experiment. :D

Happy to take some on Manny Robles Jr on Friday against fellow unbeaten prospect Edgar Valerio.

Valerio is promoted by Golden Boy which is a concern of course but from all the footage I can find I think Robles is a lot more refined overall than Valerio.

Valerio is rangy for the weight, decent left hook, good torque on it and works the body well with it too. However, his defence leaves a lot to be desired, often eating shots he shouldn't. Both Valerio and Robles have been put down before against mediocre opposition, Valerio has twice which is makes me question how he'll stand up to the shots of an opponent like Robles who has a nice right overhand that he could time over the top. Robles also has a solid amateur pedigree, I thought he beat Gervonta Davis in the amateur bout I found.

I'll take who I believe to be the more fundamentally sound boxer despite going against the promoted boxer, I'm not sure we'll see the full 10 rounds here.

Manny Robles Jr @ 2.25

I'll skip that purely because I hate betting against the promoter's fighters, but I can definitely see it coming through.

Same case in the other fight, Gesta-Manzanares. Gesta clearly has faced the better opponents and more experienced but Manzanares comes as a promising prospect with lots of experience being only 23. Also he's promoted by Goldenboy.
Odds fluctuated quite a bit on this one, Gesta opened at 1.50 and he's currently the dog at 2.20.
There will be quite a few fights this weekend and I'm waiting for better spots, already have quite a few leans, hoping the bookies will be kind.

i parlayed Manzanarez at +110 with Danny Roman at -901. $198 to win $264

Big size disadvantage for Gesta here, Manza's about 5'11-6ft whereas Gesta looks about 5'5. This guy Manza has a lot of stoppages on his record. He also goes to the body well.

Happy to take some on Manny Robles Jr on Friday against fellow unbeaten prospect Edgar Valerio.

Valerio is promoted by Golden Boy which is a concern of course but from all the footage I can find I think Robles is a lot more refined overall than Valerio.

Valerio is rangy for the weight, decent left hook, good torque on it and works the body well with it too. However, his defence leaves a lot to be desired, often eating shots he shouldn't. Both Valerio and Robles have been put down before against mediocre opposition, Valerio has twice which is makes me question how he'll stand up to the shots of an opponent like Robles who has a nice right overhand that he could time over the top. Robles also has a solid amateur pedigree, I thought he beat Gervonta Davis in the amateur bout I found.

I'll take who I believe to be the more fundamentally sound boxer despite going against the promoted boxer, I'm not sure we'll see the full 10 rounds here.

Manny Robles Jr @ 2.25

they're both promoted by golden boy,

which fight did you see valerio getting hit with shots?

they're both promoted by golden boy,

which fight did you see valerio getting hit with shots?

Most of which that are on YouTube.

Castro caught him with some clean shots, Rodriguez cracked a few off too. Not big punchers or that skilled so not big damage done but the way he drops his hands lower before throwing leaves him open to counters, slow taking them back from body shots too.

He’s not hugely flawed but he definitely leaves windows open for counters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back