Boxing Discussion VI

Because he couldn't finish Jacobs? That is slim evidence.
Not just the fact that he went 12, he lost multiple rounds, there's even an argument for Jacobs winning that fight, not saying I agree with that but it was a close fight. Also look at the Brook fight, Kell Brook had a lot of success early on before he was overwhelmed, Kell Brook won rounds and landed plenty of clean punches. GGG's last two fights were the most competitive of his pro career, he is getting older.

My Point is, the fight with Canelo is a lot closer now than it was 2 years ago. Canelo has gotten better and GGG has arguably gotten worse.

Not just the fact that he went 12, he lost multiple rounds, there's even an argument for Jacobs winning that fight, not saying I agree with that but it was a close fight. Also look at the Brook fight, Kell Brook had a lot of success early on before he was overwhelmed, Kell Brook won rounds and landed plenty of clean punches. GGG's last two fights were the most competitive of his pro career, he is getting older.

My Point is, the fight with Canelo is a lot closer now than it was 2 years ago. Canelo has gotten better and GGG has arguably gotten worse.

Jacobs and Canelo are very different fighters though, styles make fights and all that.

is it worse to lose rounds to a prime 147 kell brook or to a 140 amir khan?

i agree that golovkins output(pressure and punch reisitance being a large part of golovkin game) could be slipping but if he can still average 75-80 punches a round like he did against lemuiex and martin murray canelo does not have a very good chance of winning even if adelaine bryd(nuetral judge) gives alvarez the benefit of the doubt in the close rounds.

Why are people treating Alvarez like a rank 7 or 8 guy? Man is the number 1 guy in the world.

I'm all over Saul Alvarez +140. Goat status to be confirmed this weekend.

I'm ready to eat crow and I know how good GGG is and am a fan but I see Canelo beating him up.
GGG has the size but I belive canelo is physically stronger and is still decent when his back is against the ropes.
A lot Younger, quicker, and about matches power.

All in my opinion of course.

Big action for me this weekend on boxing.

3u on over 4 rounds Yarde - Nemesapati @ 2.15
3u on Saunders by UD @ 2.30
5u on "fight end within 3 rounds" Dubois - Carter @1.80
2u on "fight end within 2 rounds" Dubois - Carter @ 2.375

Any thoughts on Joe Pigford vs Kieran Smith? Is Smith a live dog?

Big action for me this weekend on boxing.

3u on over 4 rounds Yarde - Nemesapati @ 2.15
3u on Saunders by UD @ 2.30
5u on "fight end within 3 rounds" Dubois - Carter @1.80
2u on "fight end within 2 rounds" Dubois - Carter @ 2.375

Looks solid.

Dubois should definitely get it done within 2, I'd be shocked if it wasn't round 1. Carter is 100% garbage, TKO'd within 2 rounds by a 2-9 Sokolowski, being dropped twice in round 2. Brilliant odds, what Book is that with?

Nemespati is tricky as hell to deal with and very durable but I wouldn't be shocked in in Yardge gets him out in 3 purely based on their styles, size and power differentials. If he avoids big shots in round 1 he has a good chance of taking it beyond 4.

@CR0W
It's with Ladbrokes, also they have a thing called odds boost, one available each day I think, it increases by a small amount the odds.

@Jae Gibbz
Fight's off I think, that's what Smith said on his twitter a few weeks ago. He suffered a nasty cut on his eye in training.

@CR0W
It's with Ladbrokes, also they have a thing called odds boost, one available each day I think, it increases by a small amount the odds.

@Jae Gibbz
Fight's off I think, that's what Smith said on his twitter a few weeks ago. He suffered a nasty cut on his eye in training.

He was, last I seen he was out of the fight due to a nasty cut over his eye though.
Looks like you guys are right. Weird that bookies opened the lines for that fight today...

I'm amazed at some arguments in here

GGG losing a few rounds to Brook. So what, Canelo would lose the first 6 to Brook. Brook might even beat him.

Jacobs was 180 in the ring against GGG AND Jacobs is an elite middleweight fighter.

Canelo beat up punching bag Chavez and out of prime going up in weight Cotto.

Guys! Canelo dropped the first 3 or 4 rounds to Khan.

GGG footwork is being way undervalued and he will choose where this fight takes place

I'm amazed at some arguments in here

GGG losing a few rounds to Brook. So what, Canelo would lose the first 6 to Brook. Brook might even beat him.

Jacobs was 180 in the ring against GGG AND Jacobs is an elite middleweight fighter.

Canelo beat up punching bag Chavez and out of prime going up in weight Cotto.

Guys! Canelo dropped the first 3 or 4 rounds to Khan.

GGG footwork is being way undervalued and he will choose where this fight takes place

You can argue a point for both guys. Canelo (more likely Golden Boy) has rightfully waited for what looks to be a prime opportunity to face GGG, 2 years ago he loses for sure, now Canelo has a much better chance. Canelo's counter-punching could prove very effective here, we won't find out either way until fight night.

GGG was losing on one card and drawing on the other 2 against Brook, it means nothing. They took shots that didn't phase them, stalked their opponent down laying traps and eventually brutalising them. Of course a lighter, quicker boxer can win a few early rounds if the bigger and better guy isn't going all out for the kill early on, happened in plenty of fights; nothing meaningful to take away from them fights.

You can argue a point for both guys. Canelo (more likely Golden Boy) has rightfully waited for what looks to be a prime opportunity to face GGG, 2 years ago he loses for sure, now Canelo has a much better chance. Canelo's counter-punching could prove very effective here, we won't find out either way until fight night.

GGG was losing on one card and drawing on the other 2 against Brook, it means nothing. They took shots that didn't phase them, stalked their opponent down laying traps and eventually brutalising them. Of course a lighter, quicker boxer can win a few early rounds if the bigger and better guy isn't going all out for the kill early on, happened in plenty of fights; nothing meaningful to take away from them fights.

I don't buy any argument that GGG is gonna lose because of Brook or Jacobs fight. Same with Canelo fight with Khan

I don't buy any argument that GGG is gonna lose because of Brook or Jacobs fight. Same with Canelo fight with Khan

I was just replying to your point that Canelo had dropped rounds to Khan, was just saying it bares no relevance.

Back