Boxing Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me more Quincy? Guy above said he caps Sutcliffe @ -300.

leather is going to have a height and reach advantage as well as footwork and the better jab. sutcliff has the experience( josh has never been past six and this being a 12 round fight)but the promoter for leather and this fight, frank warren, is pretty high on him seeng similarities to calzaghe.

i dont see a -300 unless leather has poor punch resistance and even then who has sutcliffe kd or kod? and then taking into consideratoin that philip has never made 140 pounds in his entire career four year career, the weight might be an issue

i dont know who lays -300 in what could be a close fight should it go to the cards against a promoters fighter in the UK

the experiecne factor is an issue here but i think that is compensated by quensberry promotions in the event and likelihood that the fight goes 12 rounds

I like that as well, I might go with 1.5u on it.
I loved the value on Gamal dec @ 2.62. He only ko'ed 2 bums and Bobby Jenkinson who has a bad chin. Meanwhile, Davis has never been stopped and all his fights went to decision.
Sutcliffe fought way better opposition than Leather and his only loss is a majority decision against Anthony Yigit who is a very good fighter.
Leather's best win is against a guy ranked 500...

I "cap" Sutcliffe around 1.30-1.35..

what makes you think that yigit is a very good fighter? tbh, that was the one fight i watched and then decided that leather should be the favorite having superior footork, jab, promoter and venue, reach, height and possibly output.

if the quensberry promoted fighter does not gas and has good punch resitance the 5'7" sutcliffe is going to have a very hard time winning in leeds

I think we are looking to much into promoters and things that are not going into the fight necessarily.
Suttcliffe KD pretty much every opponent, including Jenkins who is a tough one and couldn't be put down by Tyrone Nurse in two fights. Suttcliffe put him down in the first round.
Also, yeah, i think Yigit is a good fighter and it was a close fight. Yigit is young and has notable wins so far.
Who is Leather's best win? A 500 ranked boxer?
I think Suttcliffe's experience will play a crucial role here.

the promoter is one of the first things i look at, especially in the UK or Germany, and also if the fighter is coming form abroad such as the case with philip. i agree that experience is an issue on betting leather, going from six to 12 rounds is a huge step, but i believe warren knows what he has in josh and would not let him take this fight if he wasnt confident in his fighter winning. leather has also sparred with nurse which may have been a deciding factor on thinking that he is ready

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/boxing/leather-twins-aim-make-double-11958037

leathers competition has been shit but i look at his skillset and it looks better than the slow plodding suttcliffe, whose competition other than yigit, has not been mmuch better.

£100 gamal yafai dec + warrington dec + gavin dec + leather ml +1100

My plays for the weekend

3u Warrington decision @ 2
3u Suttcliffe @ 1.90
3u Gamal Yafai decision @ 2.62
1.5u Kun Yafai decision @ 3.50

GL to everybody!

Just small action this weekend on these UK cards:

Khalid Yafai Points Victory Or Technical Decision (+250) vs Suguru Muranaka ~$27.20 for ~$68.00
Gamal Yafai Points Victory Or Technical Decision (+125) vs Sean Davis ~$42.50 for ~$53.13

Kiko Martinez (+1500) vs Josh Warrington $100.00 for $1,500.00
Josh Warrington Points Victory Or Technical Decision (+100) ~$54.40 for ~$54.40
Thomas Patrick Ward (+170) vs James Dickens ~$85.00 for ~$144.50
Philip Sutcliffe Jr. (-118) vs Josh Leather ~$110.50 for ~$93.64

Anyone familiar with Ryan Kelly and Adam Harper?
They both are youngsters, undefeated, haven't fought serious competition. But the fight takes place in Birmingham, Kelly's homeplace.
Harper is 3.25 underdog..

Kelly-Harper really exciting fight! It's live on Sky Sports' facebook page.
Harper doing very well, pretty bummed i didn't pull the trigger and there is no LB available.
Edit : Harper got it via DEC. Nice fight!

Last edited:
For any North Americans with DirecTV, I was pleased to discover that they added AWE channel recently, so we not only get all those lifestyle and travel shows they show, but they have been live broadcasting a fair amount of international boxing cards including the Yafai/Muranaka card right now.

Tune in on the other PPV, Suttcliffe-Leather is a good fight

Tune in on the other PPV, Suttcliffe-Leather is a good fight
I'm watching both! On Sutcliffe, but Leather is doing well however. Egads, quick referee stoppage for crying out loud.

Lol, what a stoppage. Suttcliffe taken out of the clinch, not even counted, oh god.

Leather looked good, but bad stoppage? 1u up on Leather.

Yafai dec next....

gavin looks like he have have not trainied a day for this fight

They're both swinging hard, I'm 3u on Yafai dec @ 2.62 pre-fight, wouldn't add more at same odds now though

Up 400 so far. Yafai dec is 3rd leg of my 4 leg +1100 lotto. Nervous a body shot kd after r3 is not great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back