Boxing Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I can't believe Cherry is the dog against douglas
On the surface of it, how often do you expect a 35-7-2 boxer to be favored or one with a 17-1 record? I have seen both fight at least once or twice each, so I don't exactly disagree with you, but it's difficult to articulate exactly why I might expect Cheery to win other than hes a better boxer and fought much better competition.

On the surface of it, how often do you expect a 35-7-2 boxer to be favored or one with a 17-1 record? I have seen both fight at least once or twice each, so I don't exactly disagree with you, but it's difficult to articulate exactly why I might expect Cheery to win other than hes a better boxer and fought much better competition.

Cherry is on a roll. He should be undefeated the last something like 4 years against decent comp. Douglas strength of competition really is lacking. I even debated posting anything because I don't want dudes betting cherry.

Saying that the reason to think Cherry might win is because he's the better boxer is like saying the only reason to believe the pats beat the Rams is because they're a better football team. It is a boxing match. So yup, I'll take the better boxer most of the time as a dog

Saying that the reason to think Cherry might win is because he's the better boxer is like saying the only reason to believe the pats beat the Rams is because they're a better football team. It is a boxing match. So yup, I'll take the better boxer most of the time as a dog
Sure, I agree, but I usually try to think about a matchup in a more nuanced way than just who has better boxing skills overall and take into consideration a whole host of other factors like age, height, stance, reach, who has more KO power, who has more heart, who is on a roll, who has better cardio, where the fight is taking place, who the promoter is and some other factors. Maybe I feel spoiled with people like Cr0w who actually write up a detailed breakdown. I personally only have a unit on Cherrry so far at slightly + money based on what I remember from watching him and Douglas' recent fights and BoxRec capping. May very well add more later if the line moves more.

Are you saying that Cherry is an elite play?

short uppercut ko off the backfoot against a proven heavyweight

hes wide with his punches so open for a ko.

Because I'm a degen who likes to be entertained on a Tuesday evening and because having two brothers who are successful boxers doesn't automatically mean you should be such a huge favorite:

Reynaldo Blanco (+720) vs Leduan Barthelemy ~$25.00 for ~$180.00
Reynaldo Blanco (+1200) vs Leduan Barthelemy $25.00 for $300.00

Cherry is on a roll. He should be undefeated the last something like 4 years against decent comp. Douglas strength of competition really is lacking. I even debated posting anything because I don't want dudes betting cherry.

you must be talking about this fight

omar does not throw a lot of punches and if cherry does 918 like he did agaist pedraza he will outwork omar who faded against fortuna.

javier is the only name on omars record and he is a 130 at that, this fihgt taking place at 135 where cherry has fought proven competition at lw

Sure, I agree, but I usually try to think about a matchup in a more nuanced way than just who has better boxing skills overall and take into consideration a whole host of other factors like age, height, stance, reach, who has more KO power, who has more heart, who is on a roll, who has better cardio, where the fight is taking place, who the promoter is and some other factors. Maybe I feel spoiled with people like Cr0w who actually write up a detailed breakdown. I personally only have a unit on Cherrry so far at slightly + money based on what I remember from watching him and Douglas' recent fights and BoxRec capping. May very well add more later if the line moves more.

I just mentioned it because I didn't see the fight discussed. I didn't even know u are anyone had already bet him. But then again I I only browse the boxing forum.

you must be talking about this fight

omar does not throw a lot of punches and if cherry does 918 like he did agaist pedraza he will outwork omar who faded against fortuna.

javier is the only name on omars record and he is a 130 at that, this fihgt taking place at 135 where cherry has fought proven competition at lw

Yea. That was a bad decision.

Because I'm a degen who likes to be entertained on a Tuesday evening and because having two brothers who are successful boxers doesn't automatically mean you should be such a huge favorite:

Reynaldo Blanco (+720) vs Leduan Barthelemy ~$25.00 for ~$180.00
Reynaldo Blanco (+1200) vs Leduan Barthelemy $25.00 for $300.00
My niqqa. Glad i checked the thread. On it for a 1/2 unit.

I just mentioned it because I didn't see the fight discussed. I didn't even know u are anyone had already bet him. But then again I I only browse the boxing forum.
Glad you posted. I had only just been looking into this bout earlier today before anyone else mentioned it in the thread, and your post gave me some more confidence in my lean as I have only seen each of these guys fight once or twice before.

On Brook-Spence unless you are playing line movement I would wait for the weigh-in. Going to be interesting to see how Kell looks boiling back down to 147. He was 176 at the 30-day weigh-in prior to the GGG fight and looked trim at that point so it's a lot of weight to lose safely having bulked up to fight at 160. He never found it easy making 147 even before that.

Obviously the fight is in the UK and there will be maybe 30,000 fans there cheering Brook on which could be a big advantage if it goes to the judges. Spence has never fought anyone nearly as good as Brook nor faced an atmosphere like that.

If Spence keeps getting bet on the US books, damn we should do some arbing between US and UK posters here! Spence is still +100 in the UK (albeit three-way betting with the draw), while I see Brook is +135 at 5dimes. Even outside of arbing looks like a fight where UK bettors have value betting Spence, US bettors have value betting Brook.

(Although I wouldn't personally bet Spence +100, I marginally favour Brook here.)

Hughie Fury versus Joseph Parker, seeing Fury at +150. Again will be interesting to see Fury at the weigh-in given his supposed health problems. If he looks better than usual I like him here. Parker is good not great and Fury has a reach advantage which he knows how to use. Fury's weakness is power but I'm not sure if Parker will be willing and able to just eat punches to get inside and if not he is in trouble. Also the judging for Parker's last fight against Ruiz was very fair so don't see home bias being a big worry for Fury bettors.

Hughie Fury versus Joseph Parker, seeing Fury at +150. Again will be interesting to see Fury at the weigh-in given his supposed health problems. If he looks better than usual I like him here. Parker is good not great and Fury has a reach advantage which he knows how to use. Fury's weakness is power but I'm not sure if Parker will be willing and able to just eat punches to get inside and if not he is in trouble. Also the judging for Parker's last fight against Ruiz was very fair so don't see home bias being a big worry for Fury bettors.

I'm all over Fury decision, very confident in it.

Parker should have lost his last fight, I'm all over Hughie @ +150

I had a lot of bets this past weekend so I figured I'd sum them up like I have the past few weekends to be accountable to myself if nothing else. I was actually mistaken about my live bet on Taylor/Joubert and the under 5½ play that I thought won which was actually graded as a doesn't start round 6 prop which lost. And I had way too many props instead of betting more on the Linares moneyline despite the fact that I was pretty confident in Linares winning, so that was an error too. But nonetheless I managed a small profit after a couple of winning live plays, so can't complain after all. Still pretty confident in my mostly underdogs strategy going forward.

Jason Quigley wins inside the distance (-167) vs Glen Tapia ~$87.19 for ~$52.21= -~$87.19
Jason Quigley wins in round 4-6 (+274) ~$15.57 for ~$42.66= -~$15.57
Live In-Play Jason Quigley Points Victory Or Technical Decision (-263) vs Glen Tapia ~$217.98 for ~$82.88= ~$82.88

Gogi Knezevic (+1600) vs Conrad Cummings ~$20.00 for ~$320.00= -$20.00

Live In-Play: Josh Taylor/Warren Joubert does not start round 6 (-112) ~$100.00 for ~$89.29 = -~$100.00

Jesus Ruiz (+1100) vs Randy Caballero $30.00 for $330.00= -$30.00
Jesus Ruiz Points Victory Or Technical Decision (+3300) ~$26.99 for ~$890.67= -~$26.99
Jesus Ruiz/Randy Caballero fight to go distance (+163) ~$41.52 for ~$67.68= ~$67.68

Jorge Linares (-175) vs Anthony Crolla ~$181.65 for ~$103.80= ~$103.80
Jorge Linares (-182) vs Anthony Crolla ~$188.91 for ~$103.80= ~$103.80
Jorge Linares wins by KO/TKO/DQ (+235) $40.00 for $94.00= -$40.00
Jorge Linares wins by KO/TKO/DQ (+265) ~$25.95 for ~$68.77= -~$25.95
Jorge Linares wins in round 10 (+2500) ~$5.19 for ~$129.75= -~$5.19
Jorge Linares wins in round 10-12 (+1000) ~$10.38 for ~$103.80= -~$10.38

Jorge Linares/Anthony Crolla Under 9½ (+200) $50.00 for $100.00= -$50.00
Jorge Linares/Anthony Crolla Under 10½ (+160) $25.00 for $40.00= -$25.00

Jorge Linares wins by split decision (+850) $10.00 for $85.00= -$10.00
Anthony Crolla wins by split decision (+1000) $30.00 for $300.00= -$30.00
Anthony Crolla wins by any decision (+400) $25.00 for $100.00= -$25.00
Jorge Linares/Anthony Crolla Draw (+2000) ~$10.38 for ~$207.60= -~$10.38

Live In-Play Jason Welborn (+123) vs Marcus Morrison ~$100.00 for ~$123.00= ~$123.00

Jack Arnfield (-127) vs Brian Rose ~$131.83 for ~$103.80= ~$103.80

Francisco Contreras (+1500) vs Jhonny Gonzalez $20.00 for $300.00= -$20.00

Total Profit= $53.31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back