Boxing Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mansour down four rounds so far imho but he can turn it around if he catches Kauffman. The commentators think Mansour is doing better than I do, fwiw.

Mansour down four rounds so far imho but he can turn it around if he catches Kauffman. The commentators think Mansour is doing better than I do, fwiw.

the fight is being promoted by travis father marshall, in reading pennsylvania, where both the marshalls live

Passed on this Mansour fight, don't know what to think of him with the tough fights and he's old af.

B/d for my plays on GGG/Jacobs and Crolla/Linares next week.

Fuck it pulled the trigger on the un7.5 -145 for a couple units on GGG/Jacobs. I feel like there's a shot both of these guys might come out cautious and try to box but I don't think Danny's a good enough boxer to stay away from GGG's offense. Jacobs is a competent boxer I really don't think he's good enough overall to stick and move for long before he gets caught.

If GGG comes out trying to pump the jab like he did against Lemieux then this could go longer, but at the same time, if Danny sees GGG trying to box then I think his natural fighting instincts come out and he tries to play the bull to GGG's matador and they end up in the pocket throwing hammers anyway. Neither of these guys are boxers at heart, they both want blood when they fight and trying to box for them is like me trying not to eat blueberry pancakes when I'm on a keto diet for more than a week or two. It takes a lot of discipline for these two to lay back and fight with a measured pace off the back foot.

Fuck it, might seem a bit square but give me the 7.5 and I'll lay the juice. I really have a hard time seeing this go all that long. Should be a great fight though. Make no mistake, Danny can also finish this himself, we're not just banking on a Golovkin finish (although that's definitely the most likely outcome) Jacobs can ko anybody in this division if he goes about it right, including Golovkin.

Also the line on Crolla next week is getting ridiculous. I made money on Linares and Linares Dec iirc but that was the first time he ever went 12rds in his career, which is at least 40 fights or something. He got a second wind and fought a beautiful fight, Crolla, who's known for his gastank, seemed to tire a bit more down the stretch than Linares actually did iirc, which was surprising to say the least.

This was a really competitive fight the first time and I'm not so sure Linares can duplicate his last performance. +200 for Crolla seems way out of hand imo. I feel like this is a pk, maybe Linares a SLIGHT favorite but noway should Crolla be 2-1 here man. And he's still fightng on his own turf which can never be a bad thing. I'm gonna have at least 2u on Crolla next week as well. Maybe throw something ont he draw too since Crolla always seems to be in close Dec's and he's already got three draws as is.

@CR0W @quincy k @Ballsaque @JimGunn @wack3d am I missing something on this Crolla bet or what? I really dont' understand the line.

the fight is being promoted by travis father marshall, in reading pennsylvania, where both the marshalls live
Really? What the hell. How is that allowed? This commentator thinks Mansour is winning this.

Passed on this Mansour fight, don't know what to think of him with the tough fights and he's old af.

B/d for my plays on GGG/Jacobs and Crolla/Linares next week.

Fuck it pulled the trigger on the un7.5 -145 for a couple units on GGG/Jacobs. I feel like there's a shot both of these guys might come out cautious and try to box but I don't think Danny's a good enough boxer to stay away from GGG's offense. Jacobs is a competent boxer I really don't think he's good enough overall to stick and move for long before he gets caught.

If GGG comes out trying to pump the jab like he did against Lemieux then this could go longer, but at the same time, if Danny sees GGG trying to box then I think his natural fighting instincts come out and he tries to play the bull to GGG's matador and they end up in the pocket throwing hammers anyway. Neither of these guys are boxers at heart, they both want blood when they fight and trying to box for them is like me trying not to eat blueberry pancakes when I'm on a keto diet for more than a week or two. It takes a lot of discipline for these two to lay back and fight with a measured pace off the back foot.

Fuck it, might seem a bit square but give me the 7.5 and I'll lay the juice. I really have a hard time seeing this go all that long. Should be a great fight though. Make no mistake, Danny can also finish this himself, we're not just banking on a Golovkin finish (although that's definitely the most likely outcome) Jacobs can ko anybody in this division if he goes about it right, including Golovkin.

Also the line on Crolla next week is getting ridiculous. I made money on Linares and Linares Dec iirc but that was the first time he ever went 12rds in his career, which is at least 40 fights or something. He got a second wind and fought a beautiful fight, Crolla, who's known for his gastank, seemed to tire a bit more down the stretch than Linares actually did iirc, which was surprising to say the least.

This was a really competitive fight the first time and I'm not so sure Linares can duplicate his last performance. +200 for Crolla seems way out of hand imo. I feel like this is a pk, maybe Linares a SLIGHT favorite but noway should Crolla be 2-1 here man. And he's still fightng on his own turf which can never be a bad thing. I'm gonna have at least 2u on Crolla next week as well. Maybe throw something ont he draw too since Crolla always seems to be in close Dec's and he's already got three draws as is.

@CR0W @quincy k @Ballsaque @JimGunn @wack3d am I missing something on this Crolla bet or what? I really dont' understand the line.

I see the outcome being the same as the first fight, Crolla pushing over 12 rounds but Linares landing the more eye-catching punches. Crolla says he'll be working to cut off Linares better this time etc but I just don't think he can do it to be honest. Will likely throw down some on the draw too just to be safe, never know with it being in Manchester.

With that said, if Crolla can start fast and have success in the first 4 rounds I'll likely LB.

This commentator thinks that round 12 just ended instead of round 11. Pay attention, man.

Correct decision, Kauffman looked like crap in the later rounds.

I was pleasantly surprised that Mansour got the decision despite the fact that I was just told Kauffman's father is the promoter!

I see the outcome being the same as the first fight, Crolla pushing over 12 rounds but Linares landing the more eye-catching punches. Crolla says he'll be working to cut off Linares better this time etc but I just don't think he can do it to be honest. Will likely throw down some on the draw too just to be safe, never know with it being in Manchester.

With that said, if Crolla can start fast and have success in the first 4 rounds I'll likely LB.

Agree with Linares landing the more eye catching shots, guy is one of the flashiest fighters in the game, but I still can't believe in 44 pro fights, the guy has only went 12rds once and that was last time out against Crolla. I just don't trust his stamina here against a guy in such good shape and who pressures with that high guard so often. Crolla is relentless, I think it'll be tough for Linares to replicate that.

At the end of the day I'm just surprised Crolla is such a dog here. I favor Linares slightly but not by much. The cards were close other than the third which was way too wide imo, and like I said I had money on Linares and Linares Dec. I just can't believe a guy at Linares's level has only been the 12rd distance once. It's crazy. Maybe Jorge's made a change and has gotten in better condition though, that's definitely possible. He's only 31 after all and is a great boxer who isn't a guy who needs unbelievable stamina like a style that somebody like Crolla has to have. Thanks for the feedback man. GL with you bets this weekend!

BT, I've bet the losing side in a re-match to great profit like when I backed LSC as a dog in the rematch with Frampton. But that was because I thought I saw something that gave me a reason to do so. I felt like LSC was catching on to Frampton's style and he did better in the second half of the first fight. That's not the case in my opinion with the Linares/Crolla re-match. I haven't re-watched it recently, but I recall thinking at the time that Linares was getting better as that fight went on and he outclassed Crolla. With relatively little time since the first fight, I am not sure why I would expect Crolla to do a whole lot better. The odds have widened out quite a bit now, so the value is probably on Crolla if you expect improvements. But I got a bet in early on Linares at -182. Not huge, just to win a little more than 1 unit. I'm also on Jack Arnfield at -127 to win a little more than 1 unit.

BT, I've bet the losing side in a re-match to great profit like when I backed LSC as a dog in the rematch with Frampton. But that was because I thought I saw something that gave me a reason to do so. I felt like LSC was catching on to Frampton's style and he did better in the second half of the first fight. That's not the case in my opinion with the Linares/Crolla re-match. I haven't re-watched it recently, but I recall thinking at the time that Linares was getting better as that fight went on and he outclassed Crolla. With relatively little time since the first fight, I am not sure why I would expect Crolla to do a whole lot better. The odds have widened out quite a bit now, so the value is probably on Crolla if you expect improvements. But I got a bet in early on Linares at -182. Not huge, just to win a little more than 1 unit. I'm also on Jack Arnfield at -127 to win a little more than 1 unit.

Thanks for the feedback bud, I see your guys' opinions on Linares, it was pleasantly surprising to see linares get a second wind that we really had not seen from him in his career prior to that. However I'm not sure he can get that second wind again, he's never shown that before and I'm not sure he'll be able to show it again against Crolla but obviously that's just my opinion. I feel like Crolla's pressure is gonna get to him this time around but maybe I'll temper by bet sizing a bit considering I seem to be in the minority regarding Crolla so far. Anywa GL with your bets this weekend bruh.

@BluntTrauma21

i havent looked into the linares fight as its next week. im still trying to figure out what my mma bets are going to be.

i have an action play on wangek tonight and the decision line. they are both going to stand in the center of the ring and throw and if the thai can catch roman with body shots like he did agaisnt cuadras he might be able to win.

it wasnt just the 7th round against carlos, he was hurting cuadras to the body throughout the entire fight. i think its a good style matchup

@BluntTrauma21

i havent looked into the linares fight as its next week. im still trying to figure out what my mma bets are going to be.

i have an action play on wangek tonight and the decision line. they are both going to stand in the center of the ring and throw and if the thai can catch roman with body shots like he did agaisnt cuadras he might be able to win.

it wasnt just the 7th round against carlos, he was hurting cuadras to the body throughout the entire fight. i think its a good style matchup
Yeah I have .2u on the Thai guy too (forgot his name/s atm) at +1300. This dude is no pushover, I know it's Roman but still that line is way too wide imo. Hopefully he can pull off the upset. GL with your bets bud.

golovkin-vs-jacobs-poster.jpg

According to the image above, the GGG vs. Jacobs PPV card will start at 6pm PST / 9pm EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back