Boxing Classics custom crocodile lace up gloves (pictures)

dport512

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey this is just a short review, (or it was before I started typing) mostly just to post some pictures of these gloves. Took them kinda quickly since mosquitoes were eating me alive..

Album and higher quality images here
http://imgur.com/a/s70y2

y6frx5eh.jpg

XpgwW51h.jpg

zw2Jhd9h.jpg

Classics even got these screenprinted. Pretty cool.

NWivdvUh.jpg

1. Ordering

I ordered them from Technoir on here. Everything went relatively smoothly, but it did take a little while for the gloves to be made. I ordered them on June 19th and received them on October 14th. Juan told me there was a problem with the crocodile leather the first time and they had to get different leather.

Just as a side note, how close you live to Mexico doesn't seem to matter with the shipping speed. I live in Texas and the route went from Mexico City to an international sorting facility in New York then back down to Texas. It took around 10 business days total. 1 week in Mexico, 1 week in the US.

2. Looks

The gloves themselves are very pretty and the crocodile leather is pretty cool. It needed a little bit of conditioner, but after that it had a good shine. The stock laces were pretty cheap so I replaced them with some I bought online. Couldn't decide on which ones to use so i just use both.

The silver leather looks pretty similar to the Ring to Cage silver but it's a bit different. It's hard to describe, but you can tell the leather is painted. It doesn't feel any different but just looks coarser maybe? You're gonna mess up any metallic colored glove by using it, but I've already managed to scrape it a bit.

myFNiV3h.jpg

(continued in next post due to only 6 images per post)

This is the classics glove

DhrQQnPh.jpg

KFu8L3zh.jpg

Not bad, I just don't want to use these on my red ringside heavybag without conditioning the hell out of it first. The marks were originally pink...

3. Craftsmanship

I think it's good for what I paid for them. They're not on the level of Reyes, but it's still good. I feel the difference is that Reyes feels like a machine did it while Classics feels like a person did it.

Reyes also doesn't offer crocodile leather though, so you can't even compare them there. I mean I wouldn't expect anything near perfect unless I was paying Grant kind of money for them and even then it's not guaranteed.

So that being said, the only real quirk is that the white liner or I don't know what it is sticks out a little far beyond the two pieces of leather. You can see it in that above picture of the thumb and these. I'm not sure if i can trim it down or what. It's trimmed down on some parts but not others.

There were also a bunch of threads that connected different parts of the liner I think so I had to cut them out so they wouldn't get all wrapped up in my fingers. Annoying as hell.

cHKblShh.jpg

2vAvLTnh.jpg

4. Performance and comfort

The padding is definitely better than Reyes. It's thicker (less in the wrist area) and more dense. You can go at the bag pretty hard with them compared to Reyes. I've got fairly conditioned hands, but I'd still have to put on a knuckle guard if I want to hit the bag hard with the Reyes gloves. Don't have that problem with these.

The liner is a little different too. It's glued down to the padding so it's a little rough. There isn't another liner over the fingertips area so that's the only area that really feels different with wraps on. I don't mind it, but I definitely don't prefer it like Elvis does in his review.

Lyo5Nhyh.jpg

I don't know if this is the same with other Classics gloves, but the biggest problem on these gloves is with the area where the fingertips go in your gloves.

I didn't take a picture of that part, but the problem is where the seam is from where the different parts of leather are stitched together. It's very prominent compared to any other gloves I've ever used and that makes it a tight fit around your fingers. Like you can't just slide your fingers into the end of the glove, you have to actually push the seam out of the way. After that the seam just presses on your fingers and cuts off the circulation a bit. It's nothing that you'd notice if you're throwing punches, but if you're just sitting down with your gloves on it's pretty annoying.

I don't know if I've just gotten used to it or if I broke the padding in a bit, but I don't notice it as much anymore. My finger tips are still red though after just putting the gloves on and waiting a few minutes.

I'm hoping the padding will break in some more because my first thought when I put the gloves on was "These are the most uncomfortable gloves I've ever worn." But it's not a deal breaker because they don't make me bleed or anything, you can't tell when you're punching, and the gloves look really cool.

This is the part I'm referring to.

aBE8R80.png

The thumb is alright. It's slightly uncomfortable if you stop and think about it, but I don't do that. Not the positioning itself, but with how much padding is in there. It constricts your thumb a little bit. For reference though, I've got small enough hands to where I actually like the Reyes thumb. This should clear up once I break them in more.

The fingertip area is a little small, it works for me since I've got small hands but if you've got long fingers I'd ask for a longer compartment if you get them custom made.

5. Conclusion

Overall I like them a lot. The review might sound negative, but that's just because there's not a whole lot to say about gloves when they work. They're gloves. They protect your hands. The pictures do the talking for how they look.

I'll just say that I use them regularly and I own a bunch of quality gloves that I could be using instead. Their looks make up for them restricting blood flow to my fingers. If that gets better as they break in, I won't have any real complaints about them.

I like the new logo they started putting on the gloves, that is new. Before, it was just a label on the cuff.

This is the classics glove

DhrQQnPh.jpg

KFu8L3zh.jpg

Not bad, I just don't want to use these on my red ringside heavybag without conditioning the hell out of it first. The marks were originally pink...

3. Craftsmanship

I think it's good for what I paid for them. They're not on the level of Reyes, but it's still good. I feel the difference is that Reyes feels like a machine did it while Classics feels like a person did it.

Reyes also doesn't offer crocodile leather though, so you can't even compare them there. I mean I wouldn't expect anything near perfect unless I was paying Grant kind of money for them and even then it's not guaranteed.

So that being said, the only real quirk is that the white liner or I don't know what it is sticks out a little far beyond the two pieces of leather. You can see it in that above picture of the thumb and these. I'm not sure if i can trim it down or what. It's trimmed down on some parts but not others.

There were also a bunch of threads that connected different parts of the liner I think so I had to cut them out so they wouldn't get all wrapped up in my fingers. Annoying as hell.

cHKblShh.jpg

2vAvLTnh.jpg

4. Performance and comfort

The padding is definitely better than Reyes. It's thicker (less in the wrist area) and more dense. You can go at the bag pretty hard with them compared to Reyes. I've got fairly conditioned hands, but I'd still have to put on a knuckle guard if I want to hit the bag hard with the Reyes gloves. Don't have that problem with these.

The liner is a little different too. It's glued down to the padding so it's a little rough. There isn't another liner over the fingertips area so that's the only area that really feels different with wraps on. I don't mind it, but I definitely don't prefer it like Elvis does in his review.

Lyo5Nhyh.jpg

I don't know if this is the same with other Classics gloves, but the biggest problem on these gloves is with the area where the fingertips go in your gloves.

I didn't take a picture of that part, but the problem is where the seam is from where the different parts of leather are stitched together. It's very prominent compared to any other gloves I've ever used and that makes it a tight fit around your fingers. Like you can't just slide your fingers into the end of the glove, you have to actually push the seam out of the way. After that the seam just presses on your fingers and cuts off the circulation a bit. It's nothing that you'd notice if you're throwing punches, but if you're just sitting down with your gloves on it's pretty annoying.

I don't know if I've just gotten used to it or if I broke the padding in a bit, but I don't notice it as much anymore. My finger tips are still red though after just putting the gloves on and waiting a few minutes.

I'm hoping the padding will break in some more because my first thought when I put the gloves on was "These are the most uncomfortable gloves I've ever worn." But it's not a deal breaker because they don't make me bleed or anything, you can't tell when you're punching, and the gloves look really cool.

This is the part I'm referring to.

aBE8R80.png

The thumb is alright. It's slightly uncomfortable if you stop and think about it, but I don't do that. Not the positioning itself, but with how much padding is in there. It constricts your thumb a little bit. For reference though, I've got small enough hands to where I actually like the Reyes thumb. This should clear up once I break them in more.

The fingertip area is a little small, it works for me since I've got small hands but if you've got long fingers I'd ask for a longer compartment if you get them custom made.

5. Conclusion

Overall I like them a lot. The review might sound negative, but that's just because there's not a whole lot to say about gloves when they work. They're gloves. They protect your hands. The pictures do the talking for how they look.

I'll just say that I use them regularly and I own a bunch of quality gloves that I could be using instead. Their looks make up for them restricting blood flow to my fingers. If that gets better as they break in, I won't have any real complaints about them.

Hey James,

I am sorry that you are not glad with your gloves,

about this: "the only real quirk is that the white liner or I don't know what it is sticks out a little far beyond the two pieces of leather"
That is a reinforced seam (welded seam) and it is an option when you ask for your gloves, sorry for not clarify that point.

About the other issues, I know that when you break your gloves, will be extremely comfortable, the goat leather is coarser and harder than cow leather, and the Croco leather it is really tough.

A friend who have a pair of Croco gloves asked a training partner of him (Heavy weight guy) to use the gloves a couple of times, and the gloves broked very nice.

Hey James,

I am sorry that you are not glad with your gloves,

about this: "the only real quirk is that the white liner or I don't know what it is sticks out a little far beyond the two pieces of leather"
That is a reinforced seam (welded seam) and it is an option when you ask for your gloves, sorry for not clarify that point.

About the other issues, I know that when you break your gloves, will be extremely comfortable, the goat leather is coarser and harder than cow leather, and the Croco leather it is really tough.

A friend who have a pair of Croco gloves asked a training partner of him (Heavy weight guy) to use the gloves a couple of times, and the gloves broked very nice.

Well the only real issue I have is with the seam cutting off circulation to my fingertips. I was really just hoping to see if anyone else had that issue and if it got better after they broke them in.

Everything else was just me putting my thoughts down. I know it sounds negative but it's really not. If I actually did not like the gloves, I'd put them up on eBay.

And I thought that was the welded seam, I just wasn't sure.

I like the new logo they started putting on the gloves, that is new. Before, it was just a label on the cuff.

Agreed. I didn't even know they did any screen printing before Juan sent me the pictures. I think the glove would have looked empty with no logo at all anywhere.

Back