Boxing Classics 12 oz Custom Lace up gloves

ElvisFan9889

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Let me start out by saying: I'm a big fan of these. Some of the best mexican gloves I've tried yet. If your looking for a really good bag/mitt glove, look no further.

Purchased: From Juan (technoir on here). I ordered them August 28th I believe, they were done before 4 weeks. Classics had to ship them to Juan, then to me, so the total time was about 6 weeks.

Price: 150 USD (125 plus 25 shipping)

Colors: Dark gray/Black, both goat leather. Based on GGG grant gloves from a few fights ago.

Padding: Multi-layer foam. Soft inside harder on the outside. These gloves DO NOT bottom out. You have to ask for your gloves to be multi-layer.

Wrist: Custom modified. I had them add 2 inches to the wrist to make sure they were long enough. The wrist is like a cast.

Quality: Double stitches. A few spots are messy which keeps them from being perfect, but really good otherwise. If reyes are a 10/10, these are a solid 8.9/10. Hand made in Mexico.

For the love of god, don't use these in sparring. The padding is about an inch thick, but protect your hands really well on the heavy bag. I've had gloves that are a lot thicker and they don't didn't do as well as these gloves, because, more padding doesn't necessarily mean better protection, it just means more foam.

You can really crack on the heavy bag with these. The padding is more of a medium density latex foam. It's not hard, not soft, it's "squishy", and doesn't bottom out.

Comfort: There are two types of tightness, comfortable tight, (these) and uncomfortable (reyes). For me, these are as small as they get and still be comfortable. Just about right for me.

Liner: The liner is a bit rougher, but, I really love it. Far too many gloves have too much material on the inside which really ruins a good glove for me. Punchtown, everlast, and reyes have had too much liner for me, so you end up fighting through it to make a fist.

The liner on these is glued tight on the padding and therefore, making a fist is pretty easy.

I love reyes for their leather and stitching, but that's where it ends for me. Are these gloves quite as good as Reyes? Leather, yes, stitching, almost. And, these gloves are custom which reyes doesn't do for individual orders. Reyes trainers never seem to have enough room on the fingertips, these do however.

If you want these exact gloves as these, ask for multi-layer foam and extra long wrist.

I've used these gloves for 10 rounds so far, they're breaking in quickly. The leather is a little bit harder and requires so more breaking in but, these are a great bag/mitt glove

bgcuwx.jpg

Good review. Those look like some long ass gloves....lol. Maybe just the pics.

Thanks off putting this up. Those are some really long ass gloves.

Damn man, do those things go up to your elbows?! :p :D

BTW, you were talking about Reyes hand compartments being too small -- are you referring to width, height, length, or some combo thereof? Also, do you consider hands large overall (width, thickness, length of fingers, etc.)? I've only tried on a pair of Reyes 16 oz. velcro trainers and a pair of 10 oz. fight gloves, didn't get that impression so I wonder if the hand compartment sizes are a little inconsistent or if we just have different kinds of hands (I have long, slender hands but not particularly wide of thick).

I was referring to the fingertip area on reyes trainers. Particularly the lace ups are tight for me, the velcro is better for me that way. The laces ups are wide looking but not very comfortable for me. Mostly because I can never really make a comfortable fist.

My elbows, no ha. They go up a little bit on my forearm but I'm 6' tall about 230 lbs so they're not overly big for me. They look like slightly bigger pro fight gloves for me.

Elvis are these the Mexican Combate edition as well?

I was referring to the fingertip area on reyes trainers. Particularly the lace ups are tight for me, the velcro is better for me that way. The laces ups are wide looking but not very comfortable for me. Mostly because I can never really make a comfortable fist.

My elbows, no ha. They go up a little bit on my forearm but I'm 6' tall about 230 lbs so they're not overly big for me. They look like slightly bigger pro fight gloves for me.

Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it. :)

They are made with goat leather, welted seams, better padding. Is that what mexican combat edition?

Elvis are these the Mexican Combate edition as well?

How do you know about this stuff? I am able to speak spanish a lil bit and can't find anygood info aobut "classics", let alone "mexican combate edition".

?? I'm not sure what you are asking exactly.

We know about Mexican brands because other people have reviewed them or I personally own them.

As far as Mexican combate edition they are like a special edition: with all the materials Elvis mentioned vs the regular having cowhide, regular seams, etc

Well I wanted to find more about the "classics" brand. Google not finding anything, not even in spanish. If you type in google "classics mexicate combate edition" you only get to this thread LOL

It's a well known brand in Mexico but unfortunately I don't know any places other than sherdog that have commented on it. What questions do u have what do u want to know? I've even done youtube videos on here and there have been 3-4 written reviews maybe more.

It's a well known brand in Mexico but unfortunately I don't know any places other than sherdog that have commented on it. What questions do u have what do u want to know? I've even done youtube videos on here and there have been 3-4 written reviews maybe more.

A little correction

It is Mexicombate edition, and it is because I asking for special stitch, leather, multilayered padding, welted seams and some other sppecial stuff to be made on this edition of gloves

Back