Boxers winning with a broken hand?

ha ha, Stan the Man! No one knew anything about kickboxing back in the day but every Aussie knew Stan the Man that's for sure. My brother had ringside seats to his fight against Dennis Alexio, not for long ha ha.
I looked up dennis alexio, he's been a bad boy since his career ended, he got into some kind of trouble in hawaii I think. Maurice I haven't seen in a good 10 years, super nice guy, not egotistical, at least at the time I knew him. When he was younger he was different. Wonderful guy who i could talk plenty shit to and he never got mad, maybe he knew it was lighthearted, which it was.

I'm only 5-10, i'm just plain too fat, way more than 10-15 pounds, obese level. Back when I was considering competing I got down as low as 157 and probably could have gotten 10 or 15 lower so I'm small boned in general, another reason not to get into mma, there weren't even divisions or if there were, they were in their infancy 18 years ago. It didn't take long for people to figure out that even the gracies wouldn't be able to compete if they didn't change things.
If I was 210 I still get classed as overweight despite the height and frame criteria. I’m currently classed as normal and I’m in the worst shape of my life.

If I was 210 I still get classed as overweight despite the height and frame criteria. I’m currently classed as normal and I’m in the worst shape of my life.
ya, I think it's true that the bmi thing is one index of a person's condition but it's an important one. i should have never let my weight get out of hand in the first place. once i started in college and stopped training all the time was the beginning of the problem, and i was already older then, then around 42 or so my whole system seemed to have changed and i just gained a ton of weight that i haven't been able to lose even when i do long workouts. thats why i'm taking the appetite suppressants now, i hate taking pills but i've been struggling with it for too long. I also hate the way i feel, tired and sluggish all the time. at least i'm losing some of it now.

ya, I think it's true that the bmi thing is one index of a person's condition but it's an important one. i should have never let my weight get out of hand in the first place. once i started in college and stopped training all the time was the beginning of the problem, and i was already older then, then around 42 or so my whole system seemed to have changed and i just gained a ton of weight that i haven't been able to lose even when i do long workouts. thats why i'm taking the appetite suppressants now, i hate taking pills but i've been struggling with it for too long. I also hate the way i feel, tired and sluggish all the time. at least i'm losing some of it now.
Your problem there is going to be you need to feed yourself to compensate for the workouts.

I’m going to sound hella gay saying this, but DDP yoga has helped a ton of older guys drop the weight and gain strength and flexibility.

Otherwise just smoke cigarettes and take tony Montana levels of marching powder.

England used to have a programme called superstars and they’d get athletes from various sports to compete at various things. Alan minter at 800m? Not so good.

Neil Adams (?) - judo guy - used to smash it IIRC - all about the dips!

thats why i'm taking the appetite suppressants now, i hate taking pills but i've been struggling with it for too long. I also hate the way i feel, tired and sluggish all the time. at least i'm losing some of it now.

I needed to lose a chunk of weight in my early 40’s - went on a 95% vegetarian diet, halved the size of my servings (but eat 4 or 5 times a day), never eat anything after 6pm and drink at least 5 liters of cold water a day.

Feel great, lost the weight, and it now has become a normal way to live - not a ‘diet’.

Neil Adams (?) - judo guy - used to smash it IIRC - all about the dips!
You’re very probably right. The people who seemed way more athletic than I thought they would be were f1 drivers.

Your problem there is going to be you need to feed yourself to compensate for the workouts.

I’m going to sound hella gay saying this, but DDP yoga has helped a ton of older guys drop the weight and gain strength and flexibility.

Otherwise just smoke cigarettes and take tony Montana levels of marching powder.
i think we eat too much and we are encouraged to eat too much by the food industry. I recall Jim Jeffries saying some wise stuff about this in the old days, when he was cutting weight to fight jack johnson "most people dig their graves with their teeth" and he mentioned how even he, a big over 200 pound man could train for five hours on some soup and chewing up, what's that shit that lamb is when it's a baby? and spitting it out.

as far as the yoga? i don't know, it looks a little pretentious, not particularly gay and the guys who come to mind who do it are devious fucks who try to cover their sins with something spiritual. Russell Simmons was called out by a woman he raped for this, saying he was deluding himself by doing the spiritual shit to cover up his sings. Quincy Jones is another who rumor has it has done a lot of vile shit. I think I'll stick to my kung fu stretches.

giphy.gif

i think we eat too much and we are encouraged to eat too much by the food industry. I recall Jim Jeffries saying some wise stuff about this in the old days, when he was cutting weight to fight jack johnson "most people dig their graves with their teeth" and he mentioned how even he, a big over 200 pound man could train for five hours on some soup and chewing up, what's that shit that lamb is when it's a baby? and spitting it out.

as far as the yoga? i don't know, it looks a little pretentious, not particularly gay and the guys who come to mind who do it are devious fucks who try to cover their sins with something spiritual. Russell Simmons was called out by a woman he raped for this, saying he was deluding himself by doing the spiritual shit to cover up his sings. Quincy Jones is another who rumor has it has done a lot of vile shit. I think I'll stick to my kung fu stretches.
Kung Fu stretches are closer to Yoga than one might imagine...you're good.

I needed to lose a chunk of weight in my early 40’s - went on a 95% vegetarian diet, halved the size of my servings (but eat 4 or 5 times a day), never eat anything after 6pm and drink at least 5 liters of cold water a day.

Feel great, lost the weight, and it now has become a normal way to live - not a ‘diet’.

that's great, it's the energy factor that bothers me the most, i've just been feeling so sluggish, i'm hoping it can be corrected with the weight and it's not just a permanent thing that comes with age. Never really felt this way, just dull. Even when i was young and would work myself to exhaustion i didn't feel like this so i hope it's not a case where all my testosterone is gone for good, i need that stuff.

Never really felt this way, just dull. Even when i was young and would work myself to exhaustion i didn't feel like this so i hope it's not a case where all my testosterone is gone for good, i need that stuff.

Feel exactly the same, but what I notice (and read) is that if I look after myself then I can get that mojo back, but if I slip just a bit (e.g. couple of nights on the puss) it goes low quickly and takes time to get it back. It’s called getting old I guess!

Feel exactly the same, but what I notice (and read) is that if I look after myself then I can get that mojo back, but if I slip just a bit (e.g. couple of nights on the puss) it goes low quickly and takes time to get it back. It’s called getting old I guess!
could be, could be a reaction to all the city stress too, I'm not sure but I don't like it. It's very difficult even trying to be any sort of man in todays world, if you give in to everyone completely, that definitely ain't masculine, if you fight everyone it's just draining and exhausting. At any rate i always feel better when i keep busy.

that's great, it's the energy factor that bothers me the most, i've just been feeling so sluggish, i'm hoping it can be corrected with the weight and it's not just a permanent thing that comes with age. Never really felt this way, just dull. Even when i was young and would work myself to exhaustion i didn't feel like this so i hope it's not a case where all my testosterone is gone for good, i need that stuff.
A High T diet will get ya back to where you wanna be!

think so huh, what is a high t diet, no gay shit i hope.
"T" stands for Testosterone...Foods that naturally boost your testosterone production. Look it up very similar to a paleo diet. Energy comes back, muscle tone firms up, recovery gets better, and the rest you can probably figure out.

Back