Bovada has released lines for a Mayweather vs McGregor MMA fight

Even after what we witnessed in that boxing exhibition, some people here think this would be a competitive matchup. What haha?
Floyd makes Conor his bitch in a boxing bout 99/100, Conor will beat the breaks off Floyd with all his tools in an MMA matchup barring a complete weird turn of events. It's not rocket science.

Man, some of you are such gullible wolf ticket swallowing dolts...

Enough with these retarded circus acts already, this stuff feels like watching the goddamn Globetrotters ffs

Conor is a mediocre grappler and has all his success due to his hands and distance skills which are far superior on Floyds part.
Other than 21 year old Max what fight in the UFC shows Conor displaying good grappling?
Escaping a choke from Mendes?
Shooting a half ass TD on Nate and getting rolled over and mounted before giving up the neck?

Dude, Conor should whoop Floyd in an MMA fight but I don’t think the odds are as far apart as Conor beating Floyd in a boxing match. He’s a striker who in MMA says they turn into panic wrestlers and in boxing says they’d get strangled or a chin to the face which he has never actually landed.

The odds are just as lopsided. Conor showed good grappling avoiding takedowns from Alvarez and taking guys down in a few fights. He's mediocre as a grappler compared to world class MMA fighters. Compared to Floyd he's like Jacare. He's at least a very legit blue belt with so much relevant experience. There is not enough time at all for Floyd to learn anything relevant in this fight. He has zero chance of creating a scramble against Conor. Zero chance of stuffing a takedown. Zero chance of surviving.

And we are talking pure grappling; not ground and pound. Conor could easily just punch and elbow the fuck out of Floyd on the ground and Floyd will be helpless. Neither guy has any chance in the others sport. Saying Floyd can learn enough in 1 camp to negate Conor is ignorant as hell. He couldn't learn enough in the rest of his life when Conor has been grappling from his late teens.

Watch the boxing match. Floyd's instinct was to turn around and give up his back. Conors was to initiate a clinch and take the back. Floyd will never be able to reverse his life's work of learning to not do something suicidal in MMA like turn around and turtle.

The odds are just as lopsided. Conor showed good grappling avoiding takedowns from Alvarez and taking guys down in a few fights. He's mediocre as a grappler compared to world class MMA fighters. Compared to Floyd he's like Jacare. He's at least a very legit blue belt with so much relevant experience. There is not enough time at all for Floyd to learn anything relevant in this fight. He has zero chance of creating a scramble against Conor. Zero chance of stuffing a takedown. Zero chance of surviving.

And we are talking pure grappling; not ground and pound. Conor could easily just punch and elbow the fuck out of Floyd on the ground and Floyd will be helpless. Neither guy has any chance in the others sport. Saying Floyd can learn enough in 1 camp to negate Conor is ignorant as hell. He couldn't learn enough in the rest of his life when Conor has been grappling from his late teens.

Watch the boxing match. Floyd's instinct was to turn around and give up his back. Conors was to initiate a clinch and take the back. Floyd will never be able to reverse his life's work of learning to not do something suicidal in MMA like turn around and turtle.
That might be the case but the fight starts in favor of Floyd. Closing in on him may be a lot harder than expected when he is more accurate and hits much harder than Conor.
Like I said, Conor should whoop him but I’ve never seen Conor implement grappling effectively other than against young Max.

If they fight in an octagon it would be some kinda special rules match without kicking or ground fighting. Only way it happens.

Floyd vs Conor in boxing was sellable (to the public) because they could say: Floyd's old, Conor has good hands, Conor is bigger, Conor boxed in his youth etc.

Floyd vs Conor in pure MMA, you can't sell that shit because there is nothing you can say to make it seem competitive. The only way you can trick people into buying it is to take tools away from Conor.

We still don't know what Zuffa boxing is. Maybe it's boxing in a cage with 4oz gloves.

That might be the case but the fight starts in favor of Floyd. Closing in on him may be a lot harder than expected when he is more accurate and hits much harder than Conor.
Like I said, Conor should whoop him but I’ve never seen Conor implement grappling effectively other than against young Max.

Perhaps. He didn't struggle at all to close in and clinch Floyd in boxing. Floyd's style of boxing is terrible for transitioning to MMA. There's no real threat. A one hitter boxer would be more intriguing.

What? It took floyd how many rounds to put Conor away only boxing, and you think with kicks, knees, elbows and dirty boxing/clinch somehow Conor will turn into a panic wrestler?

He could grab Floyd in a standing headlock and take him out school boy style quite frankly.

Btw he out grappled Holloway in their bout when he injured his knee, so he has (and can, as he’s done it to the interim champ) grapple well in MMA anyway.

7584376.jpg

So 1 fight out of the 24 he’s had makes him khabib? He grappled with a green max because he had an injured knee.

Also If you think Conor lasted 10rds with Floyd of his own volition you’re crazy. Floyd toyed with him and said he was Going to put on a show.

Also, I’ve never said Conor would lose. He’d win quite handily in an mma fight

If they fight in an octagon it would be some kinda special rules match without kicking or ground fighting. Only way it happens.

Floyd vs Conor in boxing was sellable (to the public) because they could say: Floyd's old, Conor has good hands, Conor is bigger, Conor boxed in his youth etc.

Floyd vs Conor in pure MMA, you can't sell that shit because there is nothing you can say to make it seem competitive. The only way you can trick people into buying it is to take tools away from Conor.

We still don't know what Zuffa boxing is. Maybe it's boxing in a cage with 4oz gloves.

^this. It's going to be boxing in the cage with 4 oz gloves. FLoyd would never fight under mma rules.

The boxing match didn't make sense and we all saw that in the ring but this is even worse. What money will mayweather ask for in order to get humiliated and take big damage in front of hundreds of millions of people

Perhaps. He didn't struggle at all to close in and clinch Floyd in boxing. Floyd's style of boxing is terrible for transitioning to MMA. There's no real threat. A one hitter boxer would be more intriguing.
Conor also has zero power in the clinch but maybe he’d be able to get Floyd down from there. I just think if Floyd is going to fight a big MMA name Conor is about as favorable matchup as it gets.

Conor also has zero power in the clinch but maybe he’d be able to get Floyd down from there. I just think if Floyd is going to fight a big MMA name Conor is about as favorable matchup as it gets.

The same was true in reverse. There's not many big name boxers who wouldn't KO Conor brutally. Mayweather was about the best name to box.

The same was true in reverse. There's not many big name boxers who wouldn't KO Conor brutally. Mayweather was about the best name to box.
Yeah guess that’s a fair point. I was a bit suprised at how Conor’s power didn’t translate at all to boxing.
He looked much slower and weaker and that was against a Floyd who appeared to have slowed down quite a bit. Would have been sad watching Canelo or GGG absorb a hit from Conor then KO him cold.

This fight will never happen so we shouldn't really worry about this.

Yeah guess that’s a fair point. I was a bit suprised at how Conor’s power didn’t translate at all to boxing.
He looked much slower and weaker and that was against a Floyd who appeared to have slowed down quite a bit. Would have been sad watching Canelo or GGG absorb a hit from Conor then KO him cold.

Yeah. He didnt really phase Floyd. I don't think it was his power. I think he just never really believed in his punches. He was too worried about the counters and never really went for the kill. He tried to be methodical and the atmosphere and opponent meant he didn't feel comfortable committing to his punches. I was nervous watching. Lord knows what was going through his head. 0 boxing matches and he is in the ring with an all time undefeated great in front of millions. His nerves must have been gone.

I wonder what the odds are for Floyd by sub.

Back