Bought a slingshot

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What can I expect from this thing? Comes in the mail tomorrow, bought the full boar one as my bench isn't over 405 yet.

I thought it looked like cheating but I've read good things and my bench is stalling so I'm getting desperate.

you can wear it while doing pushups

Thats the one i have felt weird at first but I like it.

I like mine, puts you in good positions and good for adding more volume with less impact on your shoulders.

Did it increase your bench?

I didn't implement it in my programming long enough to see but it did help me with my technique, keeping my elbows tucked in.

You'll see once you have heavy weight with using it if your elbows flare out it feels so weird, but if you have good form it feels pretty natural.

Some of my friends are top powerlifters in 198 and 165 i know they used the black one and saw some gains from using it.

Let me know what you think of it

It's nice for overloading training. I like to use it two weeks before I max out. I put the weight that I'm gonna go for and hit it with the sling to get used to holding the weight.

Every so often after my working sets I use it for overload training as well. It helps, just don't become overdependent on it.

Probably unrelated to your goals, but for muscular endurance work i've had really good results doing AMRAP sets with a tricep-dominant bench variation with it

I'll post my thoughts tonight, should be in the mail today

This thing is insane. Got 315 for 5 raw and slapped this on and got 315 for 11.

Got 365 for 5 when that's usually only a double, this thing is the truth. Chest is smoked.

I'm so fried I can't even unrack 315 raw now. Happy with the purchase

Never tried it. Slingshot came on the market before my competition days. I look at it as a convenient overload tool similar in a way to using bands, chains, boards, bench shirt, etc. I would say most similar to a open back bench shirt without the sleeve torque. I wouldn't mind incorporating it in my training though since I've had good results from overloading the top. Makes me wonder how heavy I could go with one back then.

Glad you are liking it so far

Never tried it. Slingshot came on the market before my competition days. I look at it as a convenient overload tool similar in a way to using bands, chains, boards, bench shirt, etc. I would say most similar to a open back bench shirt without the sleeve torque. I wouldn't mind incorporating it in my training though since I've had good results from overloading the top. Makes me wonder how heavy I could go with one back then.

Glad you are liking it so far
Bench shirts have sleeve torque?? How much do they add to the lift?

Bench shirts have sleeve torque?? How much do they add to the lift?

Sleeves on a bench shirt can play a big role, the way you position them, how tight they are. It really depends on the lifter and what type of setup they like. I have no idea how the more new bench shirts are like though. The first shirt I ever trained in was the Inzer Blast. Felt like I was being cut by razor blades. At that time the Inzer Rage-X was fairly new and I competed with it for my first competition.

You really can't compare the two and you can't really quantify how much a shirt adds to a lift. Shirted benching is a sweet science that some people have to a tee.You still can't take away how strong some of these guys are though. Back then people would always question how strong/weak these guys are out of a shirt, however if look at what they started to do raw when it got popular, the numbers speak for themselves for a lot of these world class geared lifters that has also put up big numbers raw, even past their prime.

Back