Both Charlos about the lose their belts this summer

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jared Hurd vs Tony Harrison for IBF 154 title shot on PBC on Fox Feb 25
Erickson Lubin vs Jorge Cota for WBC 154lb title shot on PBC on CBS Mar 4

Both Charlos about to lose their belts.

Or, both Charlo's will successfully defend their belts.
Well, actualy, neither, since "about to" seems to indicate that it's an imminent event, which, of course, it is not.

You honestly think that all of those four gents would be favoured over either brother? I don't agree with that at all.

I actually think both charlos need a lot of work tbh. People on here act like they are the 2nd coming, but there champions in a pretty weak divison and i would be definetly concerned about their desires to move up to 160 if i was there coach, where they will be smaller and up against the sharks of that division

Or, both Charlo's will successfully defend their belts.
Well, actualy, neither, since "about to" seems to indicate that it's an imminent event, which, of course, it is not.

You honestly think that all of those four gents would be favoured over either brother? I don't agree with that at all.
I dont agree that they would be favored but im not so sure about the charlos. Jermall is wayyyy better than Jermell at any rate and i think if they were to move up to 160 now they would get run ove

Lubin for sure.

Hurd will have to wait to see how good he looks vs Tony Harrison

Lubin for sure.

Hurd will have to wait to see how good he looks vs Tony Harrison
I agree Lubin beats both Charlo brothers. To be honest I wouldn't bet against him vs any 154er. Lara is probably the guy he should avoid for at least 3-4 more fights, that guy is just so technical.

I actually think both charlos need a lot of work tbh. People on here act like they are the 2nd coming, but there champions in a pretty weak divison and i would be definetly concerned about their desires to move up to 160 if i was there coach, where they will be smaller and up against the sharks of that division

I think it's a division with a lot of talent that hasn't fought each other yet. Still, neither seem to be special fighters even if both are pretty good (Jermall would seem to be the better one). Lubin would appear to be the most talented of all those names. Hurd has shown some promise, as well, but neither has faced significant opposition just yet.

Man, the Charlos don't do much to impress. I mean, that Jackson win was fun, but Jackson was made to order (at least the way he fought that night) against a taller, rangier (that even a word?) guy.

The Charlos are big for 154 and will eat some humble pie at the champ level at 160. None of them seem wanting to be fighting Lara. The sparring vid of Lara handling one of that Charla's was pretty revealing. If someone chases vs cutting off the ring, and has no head movement, and/or can't use a jab is gonna have a long night against a taller foe.....day one stuff bruh.

Perhaps they should reconsider their motto: "Lions Only" since lions are super lazy (even for cats, they even need a frickin pride to do their work for them). Plus, their bite ain't even that powerful compared to other animals. A hyena actually has more force in their bite (ppsi) than a lion. The dirty, cackling lackeys from Lion King have a stronger bite than the king. Frankly, I'd reconsider. Basically they are saying "Those with semi-decent work ethic that need a massive hype crew, and also, those that lack the power compared to smaller scavengers should hang out here only".

tl;dr: not sold on the hype.

Perhaps they should reconsider their motto: "Lions Only" since lions are super lazy (even for cats, they even need a frickin pride to do their work for them). Plus, their bite ain't even that powerful compared to other animals. A hyena actually has more force in their bite (ppsi) than a lion. The dirty, cackling lackeys from Lion King have a stronger bite than the king. Frankly, I'd reconsider. Basically they are saying "Those with semi-decent work ethic that need a massive hype crew, and also, those that lack the power compared to smaller scavengers should hang out here only".

In terms of bite force capacity & lone kill expertise, the true “King of the Jungle” is the Jaguar hands down. No other big cat on the planet has a stronger bite or is as skilled at the kill. An average Tiger is about twice its size yet doesn't bite as hard. Jaguars can easily bite through a bowling ball. They frequently bore through large Caimans' tough hide into their skulls and puncture hard turtle shells. Get on YouTube and check out the videos of them doing this along with killing large Anacondas. It's amazing. They'll leap from a tree or from the shoreline into the water, grab onto a large Caiman and kill it instantly with a single bite (puncturing the brain). Then, they'll drag their fresh kill out of the water back to shore. The P4P king in bite force in BFQ (Bite Force Quotient) though, regardless of animal class, is the Tasmanian Devil. It's only about the size of a small dog but can bite with the highest amount of force relative to its size.

Tigers bite almost twice as hard as Lions do (Lions average around 600-650 PSI). Cats don't have grinding surfaces on their molars while dogs/canines & Hyenas do. Hyenas have their own distinct family in the animal kingdom, they're neither a canine nor a feline. Hyenas, African Wild Dogs & Tasmanian Devils have the kind of skull morphology, jaw structure & dentition to crush the bones of their prey, which they'll also ingest as scavengers. If you've ever seen a Spotted Hyena's skull on the web it's fascinating to look at its structure. There's a fourth species of Hyena called the Aardwolf, but, they're very weak in comparison to the main three species I named. Their dentition (dental arrangement & features) are meant for crushing even large bones of their prey. Big cats, like Lions & Tigers, puncture their prey's windpipes with their long canine teeth, they don't crush, so they aren't required to bite as hard since they always go for the throat with precision. Bite force tests have recorded over 1,100 PSI from Spotted Hyenas. Jaguars, on the other hand, reportedly have been able to generate 1,300-1,500 PSI, even stronger than a Hyena's bite.

In terms of bite force capacity & lone kill expertise, the true “King of the Jungle” is the Jaguar hands down. No other big cat on the planet has a stronger bite or is as skilled at the kill. An average Tiger is about twice its size yet doesn't bite as hard. Jaguars can easily bite through a bowling ball. They frequently bore through large Caimans' tough hide into their skulls and puncture hard turtle shells. Get on YouTube and check out the videos of them doing this along with killing large Anacondas. It's amazing. They'll leap from a tree or from the shoreline into the water, grab onto a large Caiman and kill it instantly with a single bite (puncturing the brain). Then, they'll drag their fresh kill out of the water back to shore. The P4P king in bite force in BFQ (Bite Force Quotient) though, regardless of animal class, is the Tasmanian Devil. It's only about the size of a small dog but can bite with the highest amount of force relative to its size.

Tigers bite almost twice as hard as Lions do (Lions average around 600-650 PSI). Cats don't have grinding surfaces on their molars while dogs/canines & Hyenas do. Hyenas have their own distinct family in the animal kingdom, they're neither a canine nor a feline. Hyenas, African Wild Dogs & Tasmanian Devils have the kind of skull morphology, jaw structure & dentition to crush the bones of their prey, which they'll also ingest as scavengers. If you've ever seen a Spotted Hyena's skull on the web it's fascinating to look at its structure. There's a fourth species of Hyena called an Aardwolf, but, they're very weak in comparison to the main three species I named. Their dentition (dental arrangement & features) are meant for crushing even large bones of their prey. Big cats, like Lions & Tigers, puncture their prey's windpipes with their long canine teeth, they don't crush, so they aren't required to bite as hard since they always go for the throat with precision. Bite force tests have recorded over 1,100 PSI from Spotted Hyenas. Jaguars, on the other hand, reportedly have been able to generate 1,300-1,500 PSI, even stronger than a Hyena's bite.

So, you're in agreement then, the Charloos are overrated?

So, you're in agreement then, the Charloos are overrated?

That's what you got from all that? LOL. I'm undecided on that one.

jaguar-mouth.jpg

Tigers bite almost twice as hard as Lions do (Lions average around 600-650 PSI). Cats don't have grinding surfaces on their molars while dogs/canines & Hyenas do. Hyenas have their own distinct family in the animal kingdom, they're neither a canine nor a feline. Hyenas, African Wild Dogs & Tasmanian Devils have the kind of skull morphology, jaw structure & dentition to crush the bones of their prey, which they'll also ingest as scavengers. If you've ever seen a Spotted Hyena's skull on the web it's fascinating to look at its structure. There's a fourth species of Hyena called the Aardwolf, but, they're very weak in comparison to the main three species I named. Their dentition (dental arrangement & features) are meant for crushing even large bones of their prey. Big cats, like Lions & Tigers, puncture their prey's windpipes with their long canine teeth, they don't crush, so they aren't required to bite as hard since they always go for the throat with precision. Bite force tests have recorded over 1,100 PSI from Spotted Hyenas. Jaguars, on the other hand, reportedly have been able to generate 1,300-1,500 PSI, even stronger than a Hyena's bite.
I knew it Lions were ducking jaguars !!!

Lol good stuff you sound very passionate on this subject !

I knew it Lions were ducking jaguars !!!

Lol good stuff you sound very passionate on this subject !

I used to study animal bite forces for fun about 15 years ago. I always found them to be interesting. I watched the Discovery channel a lot, the National Geographic channel (or Nat Geo as it's abbreviated today) and did some research on the web.

I'm really good at understanding subtext. Born with the intuition, I guess.

I haven't studied either of them enough to really form an opinion. Jermall's knockout of J Rock was cool, like you said. About all I have to say really.

Jared Hurd vs Tony Harrison for IBF 154 title shot on PBC on Fox Feb 25
Erickson Lubin vs Jorge Cota for WBC 154lb title shot on PBC on CBS Mar 4

Both Charlos about to lose their belts.
Jermell is fighting Hately and most likely wins easy.
Jermall is moving to MW.
Goodmorning.

Jermell Charlo vs Erickson Lubin on the next Erislandy Lara card would be a good showing for PBC on Spike.

Mind you. Lara murders all these guys with ease.
Lara should really move up to 160.

Back