Boston Spring Open 2017- Got the gold!

Ryoto Machida

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
17952818_10100255168921954_1795448460921799339_n.jpg

Had 3 matches. Won the first by sub with a Sand Bucket choke (It's what my coach calls it, I've seen it called Bread Cutter elsewhere). Second and third matches I won on points, 12-0 both times. It was the best I've felt competitively yet. Hope to pick up a couple more golds before the end of the year.

So that's who Ryoto Machida is...

Congrats!

This was my first match. This dude actually felt the strongest.

congrats, dude! I also won gold in Boston this past weekend. Master 1, Purple, Lightweight. My first time on the podium in 5 tries where I actually won a match (I won 3).

congrats, dude! I also won gold in Boston this past weekend. Master 1, Purple, Lightweight. My first time on the podium in 5 tries where I actually won a match (I won 3).
Awesome! Did you fight in the open class too? I'm wondering if you might have gone against my teammate.

Awesome! Did you fight in the open class too? I'm wondering if you might have gone against my teammate.
No, I opted not to hang around. I was really happy with my performance and just wanted a beer, so I left instead of waiting like 4 more hours to compete again. I had a two hour drive home as well, so it wasn't a hard choice not to do absolute.

Back