Borat tricks Sarah Palin into interview

Glad to see a comedian can recognize real.

I personally think Steve Carell is head-and-shoulders the most talented guy in Hollywood (comedic or otherwise), but I would put SBC in the tier below him alongside guys like Ricky Gervais, Hannibal Burress, and Zach Galifianakis.
He's an absolute master at what he does and truly committed to his craft. Gotta respect the hustle.

There's something these comedians haven't picked up on yet: this isn't 2005. These days, the absurdity is concentrated on the Left. You can poke fun at the fact that Dick Cheney supports waterboarding, but Democrats are screaming about abolishing Immigration and Customs Enforcement ("open borders"), acknowledging "white privilege", fluid gender identity, cucking to save their marriages, hoax hate crimes, etc. Maybe Borat should sneak into the Congressional Hispanic Caucus and trick its members into admitting that they want to overthrow the USA and establish the Aztlan Empire. Or maybe he should file a lawsuit based on someone assuming his gender identity and win a $1,000,000 judgment. Now that would be funny.

Except that's not the case. Comedy has always been, and to this day is defined by mostly liberals.

Do you go to comedy shows often?

He's good, and the Ali G show was great. I still crack up at that Veteran/Veterinarian bit he did with that farm vet. Borat gets all the love, but his Ali G character is severely underrated. The layers of ignorance he comes up with on the fly is amazing.

I honestly didn't find Borat funny, and really didn't find Bruno funny.
I did like Ali G, although towards the end it was played out.
I think Borat being a FOB stereotype and Bruno being a gay stereotype just weren't funny to me (I found Bruno just embarrassing to watch), although Ali G as the suburban middle class white kid that thinks he's a black gangster was on point.

...and yeah, Palin is low hanging fruit.

Except that's not the case. Comedy has always been, and to this day is defined by mostly liberals.

Do you go to comedy shows often?

I wouldn't dispute that comedy, along with the rest of the entertainment industry, is run by liberals. What I'm suggesting is that if they want to make people laugh, and actually make jokes that are funny, the writers should consider looking at the Left for source material. This has been done successfully in the past. South Park is a great example – the closet Republican creators were never shy about mocking annoying liberal behavior, and they were pretty well-balanced between lampooning the Left and Right. But for some reason nobody thinks Jimmy Kimmel is funny; not even liberals. There's a reason all these Trump jokes keep falling flat.

I only go to standup comedy shows like once a year. They're not as funny these days, now that everyone's afraid to offend...

There's a reason all these Trump jokes keep falling flat.

I mean you're right about Kimmel not being that funny. But the reason isn't because the source material isn't funny.. it's because it's just too obvious.

Just think about it for a second. A well known serial conman, tax/draft dodger and former Hillary supporter has convinced the supposedly fiscally responsible, christian republican party that he, despite his multiple bankruptcies, outsourced sweatshop labour and affairs, is somehow the only true republican, where everyone who doesn't support his is some kind of RINO.

It's funny cos Trump is funny in a morbid way; a symptom of intellectual bankruptcy, but not the cause.

And yet, you praise the man who chose her, like his opinion is beyond reproach, whenever it suits your fancy...

"because I assume people I don't like are close-minded dumb fucks like the people I do like, I cannot see how it is possible to praise someone when they are correct and criticize them when they are wrong."

There's something these comedians haven't picked up on yet: this isn't 2005. These days, the absurdity is concentrated on the Left. You can poke fun at the fact that Dick Cheney supports waterboarding, but Democrats are screaming about abolishing Immigration and Customs Enforcement ("open borders"), acknowledging "white privilege", fluid gender identity, cucking to save their marriages, hoax hate crimes, etc. Maybe Borat should sneak into the Congressional Hispanic Caucus and trick its members into admitting that they want to overthrow the USA and establish the Aztlan Empire. Or maybe he should file a lawsuit based on someone assuming his gender identity and win a $1,000,000 judgment. Now that would be funny.

I feel like you should join a comedy-discussion forum so they can experience what we experience when you share your ideas about politics.

"Our dogs are busy, they're out lookin for explosives so they don't have the time, to go up there and interview the other dogs.... so we do it ourselves"

I mean you're right about Kimmel not being that funny. But the reason isn't because the source material isn't funny.. it's because it's just too obvious.

Just think about it for a second. A well known serial conman, tax/draft dodger and former Hillary supporter has convinced the supposedly fiscally responsible, christian republican party that he, despite his multiple bankruptcies, outsourced sweatshop labour and affairs, is somehow the only true republican, where everyone who doesn't support his is some kind of RINO.

It's funny cos Trump is funny in a morbid way; a symptom of intellectual bankruptcy, but not the cause.

the craziest part about this whole con is that he's the best president we've had in a long time. Ironic.

I understand you feel that way, but about half the country doesn't even share your basic view about Trump, regardless of whether it's suitable source material. I blame the writers, because they really ought to know better.

I feel like you should join a comedy-discussion forum so they can experience what we experience when you share your ideas about politics.

Your "We" is pretty small Joe. Not everyone agrees with you.

Seems like a piece of shit move.
This is about is edgy as fucking Gallagher. Uhh, good job, you tricked someone into an act of goodwill by pretending to be someone you're not.
Not surprised the leftoids love it, though.

Hi, Project Veritas? Are you there, Project Veritas?

{<jordan}

Does Cohen rely on deceitful editing for his gags? I hope not.
Not to my knowledge, he sells it with earnestness I think. I think that's what makes it so brilliant.

I just found it hilarious that only "leftoids" would like SBC for being deceptive when the mirror is glaring right at them with the causes they choose to take up. It's just an amazing lack of self awareness.

Hi, Project Veritas? Are you there, Project Veritas?

{<jordan}

I don't care about project veritas, or abortion or any of that other crap.
Sorry to declaw what you seem to think was some kind of "gotcha".

Glad to see a comedian can recognize real.

I personally think Steve Carell is head-and-shoulders the most talented guy in Hollywood (comedic or otherwise), but I would put SBC in the tier below him alongside guys like Ricky Gervais, Hannibal Burress, and Zach Galifianakis.
Completely agree about Steve Carell.

was never a fan of Cohen. Judging him based on Borat the movie and 1-2 of his fake interviews (forget who they were but if I can't remember it couldn't have been that good). I don't understand why he was popular in the first place...

Borat, The Dictator and Ali G are all hilarious. Ali G is probably a bit more british humor though.. He also voices King Julian. What´s not to love?

I wouldn't dispute that comedy, along with the rest of the entertainment industry, is run by liberals. What I'm suggesting is that if they want to make people laugh, and actually make jokes that are funny, the writers should consider looking at the Left for source material. This has been done successfully in the past. South Park is a great example – the closet Republican creators were never shy about mocking annoying liberal behavior, and they were pretty well-balanced between lampooning the Left and Right. But for some reason nobody thinks Jimmy Kimmel is funny; not even liberals. There's a reason all these Trump jokes keep falling flat.

I only go to standup comedy shows like once a year. They're not as funny these days, now that everyone's afraid to offend...

Jokes about Trump? Like an Ali G interview?

Amusingly, Trump actually catches on and leaves. Alot of people dont.

Back