Boon gloves question

theranch

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Boon gloves look really appealing to me with the plain design longer cuff and smaller hand compartment all things i appreciate but ive heard that the padding on them can be quite hard and therefore not great for hand protection does anyone have any experience with them?

Boon gloves look really appealing to me with the plain design longer cuff and smaller hand compartment all things i appreciate but ive heard that the padding on them can be quite hard and therefore not great for hand protection does anyone have any experience with them?

hope this helps, its their bag gloves though.

Thanks definitely worth a look

its me in the video.

The bag gloves are good quality, great leather. They lasted me 2 years of heavy use 5-6 days a week. I used them for everything but sparring.

its me in the video.

The bag gloves are good quality, great leather. They lasted me 2 years of heavy use 5-6 days a week. I used them for everything but sparring.
How about the feel? My hands are very brittle so hand protection and comfort is the most important factor for me. But good to hear that they wont need replacing every 6 months

How about the feel? My hands are very brittle so hand protection and comfort is the most important factor for me. But good to hear that they wont need replacing every 6 months

well they were bag gloves so theres not much wrist support but I liked the gloves very much. Boon is the only relatively new company to make quality equipment outside of the major Thai brands.

The padding is definitely on the denser side, so you'll get good feedback on the bag and pads but don't expect the protection you'd get from say Winning or any of their knock off counterparts. All that said, mine lasted a very long time and were very durable. Now mine do have the old logo on them so I'm not sure if the Boons with the new logo are any different but just figured I'd mention that.

Edit - forgot to mention, the hand compartment on mine (14oz) is definitely on the wider side, with a shorter finger compartment, so I would say these are more ideal for someone with wider hands and shorter fingers.

The padding is definitely on the denser side, so you'll get good feedback on the bag and pads but don't expect the protection you'd get from say Winning or any of their knock off counterparts. All that said, mine lasted a very long time and were very durable. Now mine do have the old logo on them so I'm not sure if the Boons with the new logo are any different but just figured I'd mention that.

Edit - forgot to mention, the hand compartment on mine (14oz) is definitely on the wider side, with a shorter finger compartment, so I would say these are more ideal for someone with wider hands and shorter fingers.
Ahh in that case Boon are probably not for me. I have long thin fingers which is half the reason i need heavily padded gloves in the first place. Thanks for the info!

Ahh in that case Boon are probably not for me. I have long thin fingers which is half the reason i need heavily padded gloves in the first place. Thanks for the info!

Happy to help man.

I have the same problem you have. Triumph United Death Adder or Death Star are fantastic. Both lace up, but soooo good. Not expensive and super protective.

I have the same problem you have. Triumph United Death Adder or Death Star are fantastic. Both lace up, but soooo good. Not expensive and super protective.
I much prefer laces over velcro and the TU Death Adders look pretty good to boot but im outside the US so they are a right pain to get hold of.

I fell your pain. I am in Canada so their shipping cost was a problem. Wait u til black Friday. They should end up at 50% off.

I don't know about boons regular gloves cause I never used them but if you're looking for soft pillowy type gloves I'd say twins or top king would be the way to go. I have used both.

I fell your pain. I am in Canada so their shipping cost was a problem. Wait u til black Friday. They should end up at 50% off.
May well do that as even with shipping they're a damn sight cheaper than Winnings

I don't know about boons regular gloves cause I never used them but if you're looking for soft pillowy type gloves I'd say twins or top king would be the way to go. I have used both.
Pretty much every one i train Thaiboxing with uses lace up Twins special they're just a pain to get hold of and I'm not a massive fan of velcro. Believe it or not it's actually easier for me to buy lace up twins than it is lace up Boons

Pretty much every one i train Thaiboxing with uses lace up Twins special they're just a pain to get hold of and I'm not a massive fan of velcro. Believe it or not it's actually easier for me to buy lace up twins than it is lace up Boons

Boon can be difficult to get ahold of. I prefer velcro over lace-up. Lace-up are usually fight gloves and velcro for training. MuayThaiFactory has good deals, and fast shipping. You should be able to get just about any brand but boon from them quickly. That is where I purchase the majority of my gear.

Boon can be difficult to get ahold of. I prefer velcro over lace-up. Lace-up are usually fight gloves and velcro for training. MuayThaiFactory has good deals, and fast shipping. You should be able to get just about any brand but boon from them quickly. That is where I purchase the majority of my gear.
i boxed for years before i started Muay Thai so ive been spoiled by lace ups i suppose. Cheers i'll definitely check them out, thanks for all your help in this thread.

i boxed for years before i started Muay Thai so ive been spoiled by lace ups i suppose. Cheers i'll definitely check them out, thanks for all your help in this thread.

no worries bro

Back