Boon Gloves - Different weight = different fit?

Tug

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a pair of gloves for bag work (10oz or 12oz) and am wondering with Boon gloves, are the hand compartments and fit on these weights roughly the same as their 16oz which I already own. Is there any/much difference?

I love the fit of the 16s so am keen to get something similar.

Thanks

Boon has terrible quality control for the fit of each glove. Sometimes the 10oz have a bigger compartment than the 16oz.

I will be in the Boon shop on Saturday. I can slip on a bunch of different weights and tell you what I think.

I have 16's which are super comfy. My buddy has 12's and they fit my hand like a Top King.

Typically the larger you go in Boon, the looser the fit.
I have 12s, 14s, and 16s.
The 12s are super tight with wraps.
The 14s feel nice and snug with wraps.
The 16s feel a little loose with wraps, so I usually try to squeeze in knuckle guards.

Typically the larger you go in Boon, the looser the fit.
I have 12s, 14s, and 16s.
The 12s are super tight with wraps.
The 14s feel nice and snug with wraps.
The 16s feel a little loose with wraps, so I usually try to squeeze in knuckle guards.
can i ask why you have three sizes of same gloves ?

I will be in the Boon shop on Saturday. I can slip on a bunch of different weights and tell you what I think.

So I tried on every size glove from 8-16oz today, and here's what I came away with:

-The hand compartment does not seem to get too much tighter AROUND the hand as the gloves get lighter.
-The hand compartment does get SHORTER as the gloves get lighter. So if you have long fingers, the 8-10oz gloves may not work.
-As the gloves get smaller, it gets harder to get your hand in the glove seemingly due to a tighter circumference at the top of the cuff.

Hopefully this makes sense and helps you out a bit. I have the 12oz, and love them. I think you'll be fine going down to 12oz unless your fingers are long and already pushing at the end of your 16oz. It may also be a little harder to get your hand in the 12oz with wraps on.

Thanks man that's really helpful! Think I'll check out the 12s then

So I tried on every size glove from 8-16oz today, and here's what I came away with:

-The hand compartment does not seem to get too much tighter AROUND the hand as the gloves get lighter.
-The hand compartment does get SHORTER as the gloves get lighter. So if you have long fingers, the 8-10oz gloves may not work.
-As the gloves get smaller, it gets harder to get your hand in the glove seemingly due to a tighter circumference at the top of the cuff.

Hopefully this makes sense and helps you out a bit. I have the 12oz, and love them. I think you'll be fine going down to 12oz unless your fingers are long and already pushing at the end of your 16oz. It may also be a little harder to get your hand in the 12oz with wraps on.

Good info!
I finally got to try on a pair of current model 16 oz.'ers and my fingers completely bottomed out in them. Guess that's one brand I can cross off my list. :redface:

can i ask why you have three sizes of same gloves ?

Sorry for the late reply.
"Why not?" is probably a good response.
There were a few issues that factored into it.

I've always fit into 14 oz gloves much better than 16s. First time I bought Boons, way back during the 1st generation models, I bought 14s and 16s to try them out. The 16s felt loose & baggy after they broke in and I really didn't that pair; the 14s on the other hand kind of hurt to break in but afterwards they were awesome. Ended up selling my first 2 pairs to friends who fell in love with them. When it came time to get new Boons, 14 was my first choice. I ended up having to get 16s for sparring. One thing about me is that I always like(d) to rotate my gloves. I think a big reason gloves & padding break down is when you use them when they're still damp from the prior day's training. So I picked up the pair of 12s because I was more likely to do extra bag & pad work on a daily basis than sparring. 12s give the most realistic fight glove feel, so i can work on my defense & proper hand positioning. The fit on the new 16s was better than the old 16s, but still loose enough that I would occasionally try stuffing knuckle guards in there, which made them feel huge & would make my hands cramp up; so I decided to keep them loose & just for sparring. Also by keeping my sparring gloves only for sparring & out of the daily pad/bag rotation, my hands were clean in regard to protecting my workout partners.

Sorry for the late reply.
"Why not?" is probably a good response.
There were a few issues that factored into it.

I've always fit into 14 oz gloves much better than 16s. First time I bought Boons, way back during the 1st generation models, I bought 14s and 16s to try them out. The 16s felt loose & baggy after they broke in and I really didn't that pair; the 14s on the other hand kind of hurt to break in but afterwards they were awesome. Ended up selling my first 2 pairs to friends who fell in love with them. When it came time to get new Boons, 14 was my first choice. I ended up having to get 16s for sparring. One thing about me is that I always like(d) to rotate my gloves. I think a big reason gloves & padding break down is when you use them when they're still damp from the prior day's training. So I picked up the pair of 12s because I was more likely to do extra bag & pad work on a daily basis than sparring. 12s give the most realistic fight glove feel, so i can work on my defense & proper hand positioning. The fit on the new 16s was better than the old 16s, but still loose enough that I would occasionally try stuffing knuckle guards in there, which made them feel huge & would make my hands cramp up; so I decided to keep them loose & just for sparring. Also by keeping my sparring gloves only for sparring & out of the daily pad/bag rotation, my hands were clean in regard to protecting my workout partners.
now its clearly !! :p
nice that you didnt tempted to purchase other brand , i always looking for new pairs ..

So, for all of you considering Boon, I ordered the new model 14oz about a week ago and it came in the mail today. Anyone who says Boons have a quality control issue are correct. (This is not a review) I just briefly want to let the people in this thread know before buying what to expect. The gloves are great, best on the bag but great also sparing gloves. I'm sending the pair back however because the right glove arrived defected. The pocket where the fingers go are so tight, not only do I get pain after having them on with wraps, but it squeezes my fingers out of the socket when my hand is at rest. The actual glove is also smaller then the left yet taller..
Anyways their sending me the UPS label free in the mail and I send them back (probably 16-20 bucks) and they'll then sending back the new pair. I haven't been told if i have to pay for the shipping back to my house but i'm assuming/hoping not she didn't mention it. BTW I purchased them from amazon off title boxing.

So, for all of you considering Boon, I ordered the new model 14oz about a week ago and it came in the mail today. Anyone who says Boons have a quality control issue are correct. (This is not a review) I just briefly want to let the people in this thread know before buying what to expect. The gloves are great, best on the bag but great also sparing gloves. I'm sending the pair back however because the right glove arrived defected. The pocket where the fingers go are so tight, not only do I get pain after having them on with wraps, but it squeezes my fingers out of the socket when my hand is at rest. The actual glove is also smaller then the left yet taller..
Anyways their sending me the UPS label free in the mail and I send them back (probably 16-20 bucks) and they'll then sending back the new pair. I haven't been told if i have to pay for the shipping back to my house but i'm assuming/hoping not she didn't mention it. BTW I purchased them from amazon off title boxing.
unfortunately boon have really bad QC, nice that your seller accept return after use

unfortunately boon have really bad QC, nice that your seller accept return after use
Well actually I know they're good gloves because my brother has a pair, same ones and they really are great once broken in. These I just got this morning and am sending them back. Oddly enough the only problem I've had with gloves, (mainly) is the right glove being too small which is really weird. Most boxers are right handed, usually the dominant hand is slightly larger. I'm left handed, so for the right hand to be incredibly tight says something. Also the right Boon glove size is much more extreme of a defect i've had with other brand glove problems, so they definitely have a QC problem which is a shame cause they're great gloves. People just need to decide if the probable possibility of having to send them back and pay an extra shipping fee is worth it. IF they send them back and there is another problem, I'll definitely stay away from Boon.

Ps. (I even called back and asked if i can send the defect glove and they replace it..No.
Then i asked if when I send them back if they can just replace the right one and keep the same left one since I know it's not defected and i'm scared of this process repeating. "Well we have no..control over that.."

-Keep you all posted.

Well actually I know they're good gloves because my brother has a pair, same ones and they really are great once broken in. These I just got this morning and am sending them back. Oddly enough the only problem I've had with gloves, (mainly) is the right glove being too small which is really weird. Most boxers are right handed, usually the dominant hand is slightly larger. I'm left handed, so for the right hand to be incredibly tight says something. Also the right Boon glove size is much more extreme of a defect i've had with other brand glove problems, so they definitely have a QC problem which is a shame cause they're great gloves. People just need to decide if the probable possibility of having to send them back and pay an extra shipping fee is worth it. IF they send them back and there is another problem, I'll definitely stay away from Boon.

Ps. (I even called back and asked if i can send the defect glove and they replace it..No.
Then i asked if when I send them back if they can just replace the right one and keep the same left one since I know it's not defected and i'm scared of this process repeating. "Well we have no..control over that.."

-Keep you all posted.
i totally agree with you , i just ordered 4.5 meter boon handwraps they feel nice but they arrived 4m , of course boon take no responsibility about that and said that i am the onely one that take care of it and they didnt tried to solve my problem .
they have amateurish behavior and its shame because totally they glove are not bad !

Update

Jesus Christ.. I don't even know what to say. I see why so many of you have given up on boon.. Quite frankly I have now, as well with Title. My replacements finally came in today and of course not only are they are much MUCH smaller than the last... The right glove finger compartment is so long and the Left one I can't fit my fingers in... As if they just wanted to fuck with me... I mean it just Looking at the gloves you can tell, from a far how crazy different they are.. I asked for a refund today. I really don't know any other way to express my disdain for their lackluster approach handling my situation, the time I had to wait, Or Titles so called "we'll inspect the next gloves" other than horrible. Please do yourself a favor, NEVER get Boons. And if you do, fly your a*# to Thailand so you don't have to deal with Title.

I have 2 pair of boons, old logo lace up and love them both though i gave my 16's away. I went to the boon shop (2 months ago) to try the velcro as I was in bangkok. They didn't feel right to me, nor did the shin pads. Was quite disappointed. A friend did buy the 12's velcro and he loves them.

Yeah boon hand wraps, my friend bought a pair (from the shop) and they were different lengths one short one long. How hard is it to get wraps right ffs.

Back