Boon 16oz Glove

Yeah I know if you go through Title they will be 20% off with the promo code.

You have the red, blue, and your still looking for brown. You need help, my friend. :eek:

I love the chunky palm side wrist padding on these gloves. It's an area most glove makers tend to neglect. Great glove overall.

That's what i love about these gloves too :p

Wait... Rsk you were giving me crap for having an issue?! You bought the browns!

Let's just say I needed these. :p

That's what i love about these gloves too :p

It reminds me of how Grant stuffs their training gloves on the palm side, though Grants are longer and chunkier. I'm thinking about getting these in 10's for the bag. I hope the padding is just as good on the smaller sizes.

I never really trust 10 oz trainers. Fight gloves yes trainers no, that goes for any brand. 12 is as low as i go just from personal experience.

What is it that you don't trust about lower weight trainers, StRatoCastR?

Padding is usually too flimsy and unprotective. I found in trainers 12 is about perfect for bag/mitt work and just the right amount of padding.

Im pretty sure 10oz boons wont come close to ur 10oz rfxs so ur boons would just be shelved.

I never really trust 10 oz trainers. Fight gloves yes trainers no, that goes for any brand. 12 is as low as i go just from personal experience.

Same as me except maybe winnings. I feel hesitant to punch with power with 10s (brittle hands).

Let's just say I needed these. :p

It reminds me of how Grant stuffs their training gloves on the palm side, though Grants are longer and chunkier. I'm thinking about getting these in 10's for the bag. I hope the padding is just as good on the smaller sizes.

I've got boons in 16 and 12, the padding on the palm side is nearly the same so I'll assume they are similar to 10s.

This is one area I think boons beat winnings in (for my own preferences).

Yeah for some reason there is always major drop offs in protection when going from 10-12

Padding is usually too flimsy and unprotective. I found in trainers 12 is about perfect for bag/mitt work and just the right amount of padding.

Im pretty sure 10oz boons wont come close to ur 10oz rfxs so ur boons would just be shelved.

I've got boons in 16 and 12, the padding on the palm side is nearly the same so I'll assume they are similar to 10s.

This is one area I think boons beat winnings in (for my own preferences).

Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen. I found these pics from nomilk's Ringside heritage review. You can't tell much from a picture, but they look solid. Gonna shoot him a PM and ask what he thinks about them.

7ytrm.jpg

hQW7t.jpg

Sorry to high jack, but does this go for 10 ounce winnings also? I'm thinking about getting a pair for bag and mitt work.

Just ordered up a pair of 16oz boons and a pair of top kings new glove in 16oz son I can do a side by side review/shoutout of some basic Thai gloves. The boons I had were 10oz and I wasn't highly impressed but I'll try the 16.

Now if I could just get my hands on a brown pair of windy pro lines in 16oz.....I would be set.

Sorry to high jack, but does this go for 10 ounce winnings also? I'm thinking about getting a pair for bag and mitt work.

Probably not. Someone did a review of the winning 10s I can't remember who.
I think the winning 10s and 12s have slightly different padding as the 8s and 10s are fight gloves, 12s and above training gloves.
I've got winning 12's for bag/pad work, sometimes light sparring.

Nice stuff blair i love reading ur old stuff! Especially that killer quote about the baseball bat to headgear.... To the guy that punches himself and hits concrete walls Lmao :)

Thanks for the help! Time to pick up some winnings!

Back