Bones Jones Fires back at Chuck

Done with this Internet bullshit?

Isn't that the only place he can fight these days?

It's not like he has much else going on, except maybe working on another cycle

What are you talking about dude. Jon didnt start this. Chuck has been talking mad shit about how hes the man to beat Jon for YEARS now. YEARS.

Jon took it in stride for a long ass time, but Chuck just wont stop. Chuck wants to start shit up again when Jon is going through a shitty time in life, so Jon being a real man and a real alpha is letting Chuck know they can figure out shit in person, if he really wants it like that.

This is how real men should be. Jon isn't about this twitter finger tough guy bullshit. He wants to squash shit the real way if Chuck is going to press it.
You almost sound convincing except that a "real man" would have called "Ladelle" personally and not done it like a :eek::eek::eek:gg on twitter. There is nothing "alpha" about "twittering". Those two words shouldn't even be used in the same sentence.

By the way, you mean jon has PUT himself in a shitty time in his life. Don't make it out to be like his dog has leukemia or something.

You almost sound convincing except that a "real man" would have called "Ladelle" personally and not done it like a :eek::eek::eek:gg on twitter. There is nothing "alpha" about "twittering". Those two words shouldn't even be used in the same sentence.

By the way, you mean jon has PUT himself in a shitty time in his life. Don't make it out to be like his dog has leukemia or something.
You're missing the point. Chuck is calling out Jon. Publically. So Jon is simply responding letting him know he accepts and they can do it whenever he wants.

Chuck is one of my favorite fighters of all time. In fact hes the reason I got into mma. But Chuck is just talking. He and everyone knows he doesn't want no action with a prime Jon Jones

They can roast each other on their addiction to cocaine.

Rampage did take out prime Chuck, but everybody has their "kryptonite" opponents (except Jones....but Jones never faced a prime Chuck, either). Dennis Hallman beat prime Hughes twice. Chuck was Tito's kryptonite. etc. Rampage just had the perfect style to beat Chuck. And I think Chuck had, at least possibly, the right style and attributes to beat Jones. But I can definitely see the debate. I'm not saying for sure that Chuck beats him, just that he had the best chance out of all the legendary LHW's.
he definitely had a shot. I can see how he'd match up with him well stylistically.

Although I think Jones would beat him standing. His length / frame control makes him extremely elusive and difficult to land on. I think chuck would be chasing him a lot, generally he fights better as a counter fighter imo. Probably a 5 round decision unless Jones gets him tired and finishes somehow on top.

But yeah, I can see the debate. Prime chuck had some interesting attributes

The thing about this fight is this: jones has been hit a lot in his fights. No one has had the power to finish him, although a few have dazed him and I don't think they realized just how much they hurt him. If I remember correctly, Machida tagged him pretty good and didn't follow up, Rashad Evans had him wobbly but didn't follow up and a few other guys I think hurt him as well. If lesser strikers could land and do damage, imagine what Liddell might have done.

Not going to lie... would watch. But would be a one legged man in an asskicking contest. Also... Chuck. Stay retired. Know you need money but... more damage... more CTE.
You would think Chuck could get a loan and open a gym with just one well off financial backer.

The thing about this fight is this: jones has been hit a lot in his fights. No one has had the power to finish him, although a few have dazed him and I don't think they realized just how much they hurt him. If I remember correctly, Machida tagged him pretty good and didn't follow up, Rashad Evans had him wobbly but didn't follow up and a few other guys I think hurt him as well. If lesser strikers could land and do damage, imagine what Liddell might have done.

And Chuck could smell damage like a freakin shark, too. If he hurt Jones even a little....it's good night Irene. Chuck would have swarmed him until he was done.

Last edited:
You're missing the point. Chuck is calling out Jon. Publically. So Jon is simply responding letting him know he accepts and they can do it whenever he wants.

Chuck is one of my favorite fighters of all time. In fact hes the reason I got into mma. But Chuck is just talking. He and everyone knows he doesn't want no action with a prime Jon Jones
I understand that Liddell may be looking for one last hurrah but if he is calling out jones in a ring, jones should make that point. Calling out someone personally on "twitter" to come "meet you", however, is pretty gay. We all know what jones would do if Liddell showed up to New Mexico.... he would get coked up and try to run him over with his car.

And Chuck could smell damage like a freakin shark, too. If he hurt Jones even a little....good night Irene. Chuck would have swarmed him until he was done.
We know jones doesn't have KO power, so back then, when Liddell had the granite chin, he could have just walked jones down. Today, with him not holding up as well, I would still call it 50/50.

I understand that Liddell may be looking for one last hurrah but if he is calling out jones in a ring, jones should make that point. Calling out someone personally on "twitter" to come "meet you", however, is pretty gay. We all know what jones would do if Liddell showed up to New Mexico.... he would get coked up and try to run him over with his car.

I honestly cant tell if you are serious man....are you really implying Jon would be the least bit scared to actually physically put Chuck in his place? He would invite him into his gym and concuss him badly

I honestly cant tell if you are serious man....are you really implying Jon would be the least bit scared to actually physically put Chuck in his place? He would invite him into his gym and concuss him badly
We know jones is scared of stepping into the ring, period. You don't juice and you don't cut weight to duck a division if you have confidence or are fearless. As for Liddell, calling someone out on "twitter" is not manly in any way, shape or form. If he has a problem, call him or message him personally. Then you know "shit just got real".

Probably, I am serious.

<JonesLaugh>

We know jones is scared of stepping into the ring, period. You don't juice and you don't cut weight to duck a division if you have confidence or are fearless. As for Liddell, calling someone out on "twitter" is not manly in any way, shape or form. If he has a problem, call him or message him personally. Then you know "shit just got real".

Probably, I am serious.

So you think a guy that has never lost a fight and is arguably the GOAT is scared of a 15 years past his prime Chuck who cant turn his head to the side too fast with out being knocked out.

Christ. Maybe I should avoid the heavies for a while

If Chuck was on some secret TRT Vitor type shit. I'm talking about the good stuff made inside a Brazilian insane asylum deep in the Amazon jungles of Brazil. Then Chuck has a chance. Science bitch.

So you think a guy that has never lost a fight and is arguably the GOAT is scared of a 15 years past his prime Chuck who cant turn his head to the side too fast with out being knocked out.

Christ. Maybe I should avoid the heavies for a while
You also know that the same "goat" guy would not step into the ring without the "juice", against a short, chubby old Cormier the second time, knowing full well that he would have the entire world rifling through his drug test, right? This is the guy that, I am telling you, will not fight Liddell clean, or ever fight clean again. What he doesn't want, is to lose and have people say,"see, it was the PEDs that made you great." He won't take that chance. Maybe he isn't AS SCARED of Liddell as he has seemed to be of everyone else, but if they fight, some "good shit" is getting injected and somebody is losing a freaking eye.

Chuck would end up like Machida.

The lack of respect Chuck gets on here these days is surprising. Prime Chuck may very well have beaten the snot out of Jones. I've always said out of all the top LHW's that could possibly beat Jones, Chuck had the best chance to do it. His chin was legendary. He would eat punches like they were pancakes and keep coming at you. He had ko power in his right hand, left hand, right foot and left foot. He was rangey and threw stuff from odd angles, often with pinpoint accuracy. His TDD was some of the best in the sport, and IF you managed to take him down, he would 99 percent of the time find some way to pop right back up. And his mentality was that of a killer. "that look in Chuck's eye" was seriously a REAL thing. That dude was looking to take you OUT, at every moment in the fight. And HE could do it. Jones...not so much. At least not the with ko power. And as a Chuck fan, even I will admit that for every eye poke Jones dished out, Chuck would answer with one of his own :D It would have been a slobber knocker, that fight. Even if Jones managed to win, he would've looked worse than he did after the Gus fight.

Except Chuck would have same issue as everybody else in just trying to get past the near foot long difference in reach, eating jabs that would screw with his accuracy and taking leg kicks that would hobble him, keeping Chuck from being able to plant his weight and generate the type of stopping power you're talking about. The combination of fight IQ, reach, wrestling and versatility in his striking from range and the clinch is something Chuck has never seen. While we're both just assuming how well one fighter would do against the other, there's nothing about Chuck that shows he would be any different from many fighters Jones beat.

gif-ufc-jon-jones-daniel-cormier-1775534.gif
There is a seriously tall dude partly visible on the right.

Back