Bombshell or proof that the media is out of control? Trump obstruction charge coming

I agree with Banger here and I also believe the right wing MSM would continue to back Trump and even double down on their efforts. The Republicans in Congress will only make a decision to impeach if there is substantial outcry from their base. Since Trump controls the base and has been disparaging this investigation from the get go, anything less than conspiracy will not get enough support.

I think Mueller would be a fool to announce OOJ without any more tangible evidence to support collusion/conspiracy. If all they do is announce OOJ then the right will jump on that as all the evidence the investigation has gathered and it will add credence to Trumps claim of a witch hunt.

That is insane. Mueller has brought plenty of charges. From Flynn, to Mannafort, to Podesta.

Mueller doesn't have to prove Trump and Russia colluded to charge obstruction.

The funny part is listening to anyone who screamed about Hillary's e-mails now try and wave away obstruction charges.

Either you believe we live in a nation of laws or you don't.

Trump and Clinton shouldn't be above the law.

You know there is a part of me that wanted to cut this writer some slack, but when you are making specific claims like before labor day, Mueller will go to congress, and say Trump is guilty of obstruction, I don't care if you write opinion at the top, you are representing that you have inside knowledge.

If this writer has no inside knowledge, he is no better then Alex Jones.

Or Trump for that matter....

Obstruction of justice bombshell will explode before midterms

BY BRENT BUDOWSKY, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR
TWEET SHARE EMAIL

Why is President Trump escalating his attacks against special counsel counsel Robert Mueller, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the Department of Justice, the FBI and the free press to a fever pitch in recent days?

The reason is that the odds are very high that Mueller will offer a declarative public statement before the midterm elections, and very likely before Labor Day, that the president is guilty of obstruction of justice.

The Mueller declaration of obstruction of justice could be issued in the form of a letter to Congress and may or may not ultimately be issued in the form of an indictment if he believes that the Trump situation creates extraordinary circumstances that warrant his seeking approval for a formal indictment.

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...ce-bombshell-will-explode-before-midterms?amp

So I would be more inclined to call this a bombshell if it was coming from the Intercept, Guardian, or NYT, but either way this plays out this is a huge story.

If this is true......wow. Welcome to American history, and a significant chapter at that.

If this isn't true, how does anyone not see that Trump is right to call the press the enemy of the people?

Discuss.....
Either way, if we get anything resembling a reasonable answer one side will be vindicated. I’m honestly so over this. Our elected officials need to do a much better job working for the American people and the media on all sides needs to do a better job reporting. Somehow I feel like we will get the same old bullshit though.

Either way, if we get anything resembling a reasonable answer one side will be vindicated. I’m honestly so over this. Our elected officials need to do a much better job working for the American people and the media on all sides needs to do a better job reporting. Somehow I feel like will get the same old bullshit though.

Vote the bums out. Both parties.

Whoever said this was no better than Alex Jones... I challenge you to find a piece of speculation from Jones that is as measured and rational as this. All prognostication is not the same and Jones' intent is clearly to mislead and rile up his viewers.

This is not a sensational opinion piece by any measure. Every pundit and every pundit viewer is giving their opinion to anyone who will listen. If you want to see some sensational, dishonest and inflammatory pieces on this subject just check out any alt right outlet.

The Hill is a great publication. Do not try to equate it with garbage like Alex Jones.

I don't know how anyone reads that second paragraph, and thinks the author is representing this as an opinion.

I saw a poster point out the words highly likely, to show that it is a opinion. My problem with this is the words that proceed it. "The reason for this".

That doesn't sound like speculation. Nor does the article title, which is bombshell, Trump will be indicted.

If you want to argue that this fake news is on a spectrum, that is something I would agree with stongly, but this is not the coversation that exists in the media, and public ethos.

When Facebook and YouTube are banning things, they aren't making a spectrum argument, they are making a black and white argument.

LOCK HIM UP!

Trump's base will probably take any obstruction accusations from Mueller prior to midterm as a sign of bias, reinforcing Trump's witch hunt smears. I think they're going to announce after November.

Trump's base will probably take any obstruction accusations from Mueller prior to midterm as a sign of bias, reinforcing Trump's witch hunt smears. I think they're going to announce after November.

This is the funny part of this. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

It looks like bias no matter when they announce the results. If they hold the findings til after the elections, it looks just as bad as announcing before.

Huh?

Lol Trump has consistently maintained that the Trump Campaign- Russia collusion story is “a hoax.” That does not appear to contradict any publicly made statement by a member of his cabinet.

Looks like The Hill is going the same way as Buzzfeed...

This is the funny part of this. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

It looks like bias no matter when they announce the results. If they hold the findings til after the elections, it looks just as bad as announcing before.
Trump's approval rating held at a consistent 41% even during the separation of migrant families and in the aftermath of meeting Putin. His base is quite solid, so the midterm will be determined by swing votes in the middle. If economic performance keeps on track and Trump forces China, Canada and Europe to cave on trade before November, he'd be in a good position. If Republicans maintains control of both house and senate, Mueller's findings will only cause a flash outrage and a few statement of condemnation without result.

The most dangerous thing Trump had done to the US political system is that he has desensitize voters to scandals.

Donald Trump has a higher approval rating than Barack Obama did at this point in his presidency, according to a new Rasmussen Poll.

As The Express reports, Donald Trump now has an approval rating of 50 percent, which is higher than the number enjoyed by Barack Obama at this stage of his presidency.
https://www.inquisitr.com/5013999/d...t-this-point-in-his-first-term-says-new-poll/

Trump's approval rating held at a consistent 41% even during the separation of migrant families and in the aftermath of meeting Putin. His base is quite solid, so the midterm will be determined by swing votes in the middle. If economic performance keeps on track and Trump forces China, Canada and Europe to cave on trade before November, he'd be in a good position. If Republicans maintains control of both house and senate, Mueller's findings will only cause a flash outrage and a few statement of condemnation without result.

The most dangerous thing Trump had done to the US political system is that he has desensitize voters to scandals.

https://www.inquisitr.com/5013999/d...t-this-point-in-his-first-term-says-new-poll/

I'm almost ready to start taking av and sig bets that the Dems take the house in the mid terms.

Republicans are so lucky that most of the Senate isn't in play in the midterms.

I'm almost ready to start taking av and sig bets that the Dems take the house in the mid terms.

Republicans are so lucky that most of the Senate isn't in play in the midterms.
Even if the Democrats take the House, they can't impeach Trump as Senate Republicans will simply acquit him. The only realistic way for Trump to be booted is if Democrats can field a strong candidate for 2020 election.

I don't know how anyone reads that second paragraph, and thinks the author is representing this as an opinion.

I saw a poster point out the words highly likely, to show that it is a opinion. My problem with this is the words that proceed it. "The reason for this".

That doesn't sound like speculation. Nor does the article title, which is bombshell, Trump will be indicted.

If you want to argue that this fake news is on a spectrum, that is something I would agree with stongly, but this is not the coversation that exists in the media, and public ethos.

When Facebook and YouTube are banning things, they aren't making a spectrum argument, they are making a black and white argument.

Well, then you need to suck it up. This is a very rational, clearly delineated opinion piece, the kind that had been appearing in respected newspapers for hundreds of years.

Are people suddenly too stupid to handle reading this and being forced to ask themselves if it's hard news or a (clearly labeled) opinion piece? Yes, they probably are, but that's not the fault of high-level journalistic traditions.

The problem is that, suddenly, there is a huge group of people profiting from fake news and they have turned it into a very lucrative, rapidly-expanding empire. That kind of thing changes a people... for the worse. Maybe aim your ire at these people who have found the binary of what is harmful to society and stepped well beyond it.

Even if the Democrats take the House, they can't impeach Trump as Senate Republicans will simply acquit him. The only realistic way for Trump to be booted is if Democrats can field a strong candidate for 2020 election.

That just isn't true.

If they take the house, they need about 17 Republican Senators to flip to impeach.

Well, then you need to suck it up. This is a very rational, clearly delineated opinion piece, the kind that had been appearing in respected newspapers for hundreds of years.

Are people suddenly too stupid to handle reading this and being forced to ask themselves if it's hard news or a (clearly labeled) opinion piece? Yes, they probably are, but that's not the fault of high-level journalistic traditions.

The problem is that, suddenly, there is a huge group of people profiting from fake news and they have turned it into a very lucrative, rapidly-expanding empire. That kind of thing changes a people... for the worse. Maybe aim your ire at these people who have found the binary of what is harmful to society and stepped well beyond it.

Lol, Alex Jones is clearly opinion.

So explain to me the difference if this story ends up being total bullshit.

It's just some asshole trying to get famous. On the off chance his prediction comes true he'll be on every news channel.

Lol, Alex Jones is clearly opinion.

So explain to me the difference if this story ends up being total bullshit.

JFC how can you not see the difference between a measured, thoughtful article that discusses a likely possibility by laying out the facts and a man who tears his shirt off, screams an absurd amount of lies into the camera and incites his viewers to believe that Obama is a demon and the government is going to put them into FEMA camps unless you buy his powdered moose dick?

Serious question. I want to hear your answer.

JFC how can you not see the difference between a measured, thoughtful article that discusses a likely possibility by laying out the facts and a man who tears his shirt off, screams an absurd amount of lies into the camera and incites his viewers to believe that Obama is a demon and the government is going to put them into FEMA camps unless you buy his powdered moose dick?

Because I don't understand the difference between being the boy who cried wolf, and being the boy who cried lizard people. If anything the boy who cried lizard people is more defensible. Your kind of the idiot for coming running because a boy yelled that a lizard alien was attacking him.

What you're going to see regardless, is the media hinting at a potential bombshell coming, and citing "sources" who are "close to the President" or "close to the investigation". That you can count on.

Also if this article is your first hint at the media being biased against Trump, then I suggest you do some reading.

It's a "likely possibility" now is it?

Says who?

Back