Bombshell or proof that the media is out of control? Trump obstruction charge coming

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Obstruction of justice bombshell will explode before midterms

BY BRENT BUDOWSKY, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR
TWEET SHARE EMAIL

Why is President Trump escalating his attacks against special counsel counsel Robert Mueller, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the Department of Justice, the FBI and the free press to a fever pitch in recent days?

The reason is that the odds are very high that Mueller will offer a declarative public statement before the midterm elections, and very likely before Labor Day, that the president is guilty of obstruction of justice.

The Mueller declaration of obstruction of justice could be issued in the form of a letter to Congress and may or may not ultimately be issued in the form of an indictment if he believes that the Trump situation creates extraordinary circumstances that warrant his seeking approval for a formal indictment.

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...ce-bombshell-will-explode-before-midterms?amp

So I would be more inclined to call this a bombshell if it was coming from the Intercept, Guardian, or NYT, but either way this plays out this is a huge story.

If this is true......wow. Welcome to American history, and a significant chapter at that.

If this isn't true, how does anyone not see that Trump is right to call the press the enemy of the people?

Discuss.....

So this charge will conveniently come just before the mid terms? Ya this investigation is TOTALLY impartial lol.

You guys have to be kidding me lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hill puts up some really weirdly written opinions. Anyway, we don't know and neither does this author. I would be very surprised if Mueller comes out in the next two months with any determination about Trump, much less a statement that he obstructed justice.

It would be hard for Trump to obstruct justice more obviously and still maintain even a shadow of plausible deniability, but in the end, this is really a question for Congress and political will. Everybody knows what's up, and we're playing a really stupid game of chicken with our nation.

Anyone with eyes and ears has known an obstruction charge was incoming. Trump admitted to obstructing justice. Case closed.

The Hill puts up some really weirdly written opinions. Anyway, we don't know and neither does this author. I would be very surprised if Mueller comes out in the next two months with any determination about Trump, much less a statement that he obstructed justice.

It would be hard for Trump to obstruct justice more obviously and still maintain even a shadow of plausible deniability, but in the end, this is really a question for Congress and political will. Everybody knows what's up, and we're playing a really stupid game of chicken with our nation.

You know there is a part of me that wanted to cut this writer some slack, but when you are making specific claims like before labor day, Mueller will go to congress, and say Trump is guilty of obstruction, I don't care if you write opinion at the top, you are representing that you have inside knowledge.

If this writer has no inside knowledge, he is no better then Alex Jones.

So this charge will conveniently come just before the mid terms? Ya this investigation is TOTALLY impartial lol.

You guys have to be kidding me lol.

Well to be fair, you can't scream shit or get off the pot, and then get mad when someone shits.

No, lol. He made his case for his opinion. It's not a great case and it's not a great opinion, but it's not fake or CT or gay frogs.

Brent Budowsky said:
It is impossible to know exactly what Mueller will do. We do not know the evidence he has that has not yet been made public. We do not know his private thinking on great matters of state and law that will govern his actions.

So the author of this article admits he is purely speculating, and it's clearly labeled an OpEd.

You know there is a part of me that wanted to cut this writer some slack, but when you are making specific claims like before labor day, Mueller will go to congress, and say Trump is guilty of obstruction, I don't care if you write opinion at the top, you are representing that you have inside knowledge.

No different than Hannity with his opinion based entertainment show. I don’t give opinion pieces that much weight as they typically come with some heavy bias. News is factual based reporting with some spin.

To call an opinion piece a indication the press is the enemy is a major stretch to fit someone’s ridiculous narrow minded vision.

Everyone is lying, everyone is telling the truth.

It's a fun time we're living in.

It's just a biased opinion piece. A clearly stated one at that.

Obstruction of justice bombshell will explode before midterms

BY BRENT BUDOWSKY, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR
TWEET SHARE EMAIL

Why is President Trump escalating his attacks against special counsel counsel Robert Mueller, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the Department of Justice, the FBI and the free press to a fever pitch in recent days?

The reason is that the odds are very high that Mueller will offer a declarative public statement before the midterm elections, and very likely before Labor Day, that the president is guilty of obstruction of justice.

The Mueller declaration of obstruction of justice could be issued in the form of a letter to Congress and may or may not ultimately be issued in the form of an indictment if he believes that the Trump situation creates extraordinary circumstances that warrant his seeking approval for a formal indictment.

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...ce-bombshell-will-explode-before-midterms?amp

So I would be more inclined to call this a bombshell if it was coming from the Intercept, Guardian, or NYT, but either way this plays out this is a huge story.

If this is true......wow. Welcome to American history, and a significant chapter at that.

If this isn't true, how does anyone not see that Trump is right to call the press the enemy of the people?

Discuss.....

i dont think you can use opinion pieces to claim that "the press is the enemy." and is this person just speculating about an incoming obstruction of justice charge, or does he have something else to substantiate this claim?

and imo, its us ourselves that are the enemy lol. its bias in general that is causing all of these problems, and very recently developed mass media has intensified the problem. for-profit media feeds the biases, because its good for their bottom line. this all makes me think of an obama quote from his farewell speech. i think someday, this particular quote will be in american history textbooks as an unfortunate foreshadowing of a dark time in our country:

And that's not easy to do. For too many of us, it's become safer to retreat into our own bubbles, whether in our neighborhoods or on college campuses, or places of worship, or especially our social media feeds, surrounded by people who look like us and share the same political outlook and never challenge our assumptions. The rise of naked partisanship, and increasing economic and regional stratification, the splintering of our media into a channel for every taste -- all this makes this great sorting seem natural, even inevitable. And increasingly, we become so secure in our bubbles that we start accepting only information, whether it's true or not, that fits our opinions, instead of basing our opinions on the evidence that is out there.

there is no "the media." we are now FLOODED with whatever type of media suits our opinions best. like no other time in history.

i dont think you can use opinion pieces to claim that "the press is the enemy." and is this person just speculating about an incoming obstruction of justice charge, or does he have something else to substantiate this claim?

and imo, its us ourselves that are the enemy lol. its bias in general that is causing all of these problems, and very recently developed mass media has intensified the problem. for-profit media feeds the biases, because its good for their bottom line. this all makes me think of an obama quote from his farewell speech. i think someday, this particular quote will be in american history textbooks as an unfortunate foreshadowing of a dark time in our country:

there is no "the media." we are now FLOODED with whatever type of media suits our opinions best. like no other time in history.

Kind of.

I can get info from bob'sBlog all I want.

If I start a thread based on bob'sBlog where he introduces a new idea, no one will take that seriously.

Information has been democratized. Legitimacy hasn't.

Kind of.

I can get info from bob'sBlog all I want.

If I start a thread based on bob'sBlog where he introduces a new idea, no one will take that seriously.

Information has been democratized. Legitimacy hasn't.

reasonable people will listen to bob if he substantiates his new idea. if bob says, "hey i think trump is about to get an obstruction charge because thats what i think," no one cares. well, most people dont.

reasonable people will listen to bob if he substantiates his new idea. if bob says, "hey i think trump is about to get an obstruction charge because thats what i think," no one cares. well, most people dont.

The history of hand hygiene – a tribute to Semmelweis

We cannot ignore the fact that Austrian-Hungarian physician Ignaz Semmelweisdiscovered the importance of hand hygiene in 1858, opening the era of infection control.

Semmelweis demonstrated that puerperal fever (also known as childbed fever) was contagious and that this incidence could drastically be reduced by appropriate hand washing by medical care-givers. He made this discovery in 1847 while working in the Maternity Department of the Vienna Lying-in Hospital. His failure to convince his fellow doctors led to a tragic conclusion, however, he was ultimately vindicated and cleared of blame. While employed as assistant to the professor of the maternity clinic at the Vienna General Hospital in Austria in 1847, Semmelweis introduced hand washing with chlorinated lime solutions for interns who had performed autopsies. This immediately reduced the incidence of fatal puerperal fever from about 10 percent (range 5–30 percent) to about 1–2 percent. At the time, diseases were attributed to many different and unrelated causes. Each case was considered unique, just as a human person is unique. Semmelweis’s hypothesis, that there was only one cause, that all that mattered was cleanliness, was extreme at the time, and was largely ignored, rejected or ridiculed. He was dismissed from the hospital for political reasons and harassed by the medical community in Vienna, being eventually forced to move.

Mueller himself admitted that Trump cannot be indicted...certainly not on some pissant bogus charges

Back