body goes into shock under sudden and extreme pain

Seio Nage

White Belt
Reaction score
The other day, my knee left knee popped/ got dislocated/ or it slid out and went back to its original place...

i kinda felt i was losing consciousness as i sat down and was experiencing great pain.

I remembered my vision was slowly fading into black. My friends told me that i was turning white and pale at that moment.

I just kept my composure, and breathed slowly as i regained myself. This had happened to me already 3 times whenever my knee popped.

The last one happened as i was going down the stairs. As I shifted my whole body weight to my left knee, it popped.

I have been playing judo since 1999. And I have a torn LCL which i have been nursing since 2003.

They say that the body goes into shock upon experiencing great pain.

Anybody with a similar experience?

(sparring/non-sparring related incidences)

Damn dawg you fucked yourself up pretty bad didnt you,shit i'll pray for you

Damn dawg you fucked yourself up pretty bad didnt you,shit i'll pray for you

Yeah man shit dawg holy fuck what a godly person you hahaha.

This Iraqi got shot in the the throat by and he went into shock before he died.

I have a torn acl and my knee pops all the time and never had that happen. But I got a penicillin shot once in the ass and almost fainted. It felt like someone shot me up with peanut butter thats how thick it was. Gotta love the military half the people there passed out from it.

Probably a vasovagal (pre)syncope. (Otherwise known as a simple faint)
-Your heart rate increases massively due to the pain
-This causes your Blood Pressure to rise really quickly
-As a result your pressure receptors in your carotid arteries and aorta go apeshit and tell your brain to slow down your heart rate.
-Your heart rate drops and so does your BP.
-Your BP drops too much you don't get blood (I.E. Oxygen and Glucose) to your brain- you start to black out.

(There are some other things with blood vessels dilating etc... but we'll gloss over that).

In short it's probably pain/surprise at pain. Loads of other shit can make you pass out but this seems most likely. Hope you'll see your doctor if it starts happening at other times, dude.

When I exploded the bones in my wrist (breaking doesn't really describe it- doc said it looked like the bones had been run over by a truck), I didn't feel anything but numbness, no shock/ faint feeling but zero pain really. I actually tried to pull the bones back together, but to no avail, as it was multiple fractures. Didn't even need painkillers waiting for x-rays and surgery... kinda surreal.

Before you ask, I broke my wrist playing basketball... nailed a guy's layup to the backboard on a fastbreak with both hands... Highlight worthy for sure (I am only 6 foot tall) Problem was I jumped from too far away, so my momentum carried me forward and I half-flipped, after the block. So midway in the air, with my back parallel to the ground... and then learned that one hand/wrist is not enough to break a fall.

Probably a vasovagal (pre)syncope. (Otherwise known as a simple faint)
-Your heart rate increases massively due to the pain
-This causes your Blood Pressure to rise really quickly
-As a result your pressure receptors in your carotid arteries and aorta go apeshit and tell your brain to slow down your heart rate.
-Your heart rate drops and so does your BP.
-Your BP drops too much you don't get blood (I.E. Oxygen and Glucose) to your brain- you start to black out.

(There are some other things with blood vessels dilating etc... but we'll gloss over that).

In short it's probably pain/surprise at pain. Loads of other shit can make you pass out but this seems most likely. Hope you'll see your doctor if it starts happening at other times, dude.

THANKS A LOT GUYS!

I guess this is probably it. Just a simple faint from the sudden extreme pain.

Quite reassuring. Coz when it happened, my friends were saying like its related to too much drinking, high blood pressure etc.

Anyway, my left knee really sucks.

I have a torn acl and my knee pops all the time and never had that happen. But I got a penicillin shot once in the ass and almost fainted. It felt like someone shot me up with peanut butter thats how thick it was. Gotta love the military half the people there passed out from it.

most people arn't forth coming about getting thick fluids shot into their ass :eek:

umm not sure that is true about the peanut butter shot, got this shot in bootcamp 6 1/2 years ago and the only guys who were hurting was the guys who were crying before the needle even touched them.... but afterwards when moving around and doing situps and sitting, thats when the pain kicks in.

Vasovagal syncope. A guy in my class back in highschool fainted after he popped his shoulder out but it got back in. He was fine for two seconds then went all pale and passed out.
Apparently those things are usually common with kids and women or "emotionally sensitive" people. We used to crack jokes all the time after that incident ...
We got briefed by a nurse all you can do is pretty go on your back elevate your legs and breathe deep and slowly and you want to hold your breath for few seconds and cold water either drink it or put some water on your face.

You should get your knee fixed. Wait too long and it may become more difficult.

thats happened to me a few times, usually putting your head between your knees & elevating your feet will get you back in no time.

Back