Bob's Burger is the best animated show ever

Never heard of it, but the premise in the first video the OP linked is gold.

I think I'll grab a few episodes and give it a try

I tried watching it awhile back but it was painfully bad. Maybe ill try it again some day

Its awesome, and i agree its the best animated show alongside rick and morty

They have an AMAZING cast of voice acting in this, and some pretty clever writing/material to boot. Good show for sure.

It's not even the best animated show starring H. Jon Benjamin, but it's pretty good. Usually has 1 or 2 funny moments, but it's not super funny. The kids are the best part by far.

^This. Archer is much better as is:

Looney Tunes
The Simpsons
Futurama
South Park
The Flintsones
King of the Hill
Batman: The Animated Series

And those are just the obvious ones. There's probably a good 50 more better than Bob's Burgers. LMAO at best of all time, not even the best of the last decade let alone in history.

I love the show. I think the reason why is cause bob is the only person whose normal and watching him have to deal with his crazy family is hilarious.

Looney Tunes
The Simpsons
Futurama
South Park
The Flintsones
King of the Hill

And those are just the obvious ones. There's probably a good 50 more better than Bob's Burgers. LMAO at best of all time, not even the best of the last decade let alone in history.
I always forget this gem:

Animaniacs_1.jpg

South Park to me if that I still considered animated. But Bob's Burgers is probably the most underrated I've been enjoying it much more than Family Guy.

It's on my top spot for animated sitcoms. This show holds a special place in my heart for exactly the reasons you mentioned. It's entertaining without being crass or resorting to shock humor and the episodes never feel like they're trying to push agendas on you. I can just watch it and be totally relaxed and not have my senses feel like they're going to be assaulted like when watching an episode of South Park or Family Guy.

I actually didn't like Bob's Burgers in the beginning but it really grew on me for the reasons above.

Last edited:
I saw the first couple of seasons, and I'll rank it with the middle/prime era Simpsons. It's definitely up there.

It is a lot better then the McFarlane shows, wich are all really unfunny.
For me Bobs Burgers and Rick and Morty are the best 2 animated shows out there.
Bobs kids are just so funny, gotta love Louise and Gene.
I like Rick and Morty cuz it's kinda insane, where Bobs Burgers is more every day real life humor.
Southpark is also still up there for me.
I forgot to mention the Venture Bros, wich I recently discovered and find very funny.

Last edited:

Looney Tunes
The Simpsons
Futurama
South Park
The Flintsones
King of the Hill

Dude, it's a great show, but you set it up to get shit on with this thread title that it can't possibly hope to live up to.
  • South Park
  • The Simpsons
  • Rick & Morty
  • King of the Hill
  • Archer
  • Aqua Teen Hunger Force
And that's just in English.

I loved The Simpsons, but we're pretty much at the point where there have been more bad seasons than good ones. Does it lose points for that reason or do we ignore that because it's animated? Dexter, LOST and other shows started well, ended poorly and aren't held in high regards for that reason, why do cartoons get a pass.

Def not. Humor is OK... but the drawing/animation is too much of an eye sore.

Def not. Humor is OK... but the drawing/animation is too much of an eye sore.

You nailed it. The humor, if you can call it that, is really bland. The art style is also bland. It’s like the PF Chang’s of adult cartoons.

I loved The Simpsons, but we're pretty much at the point where there have been more bad seasons than good ones. Does it lose points for that reason or do we ignore that because it's animated? Dexter, LOST and other shows started well, ended poorly and aren't held in high regards for that reason, why do cartoons get a pass.
Because Dexter and LOST (or The Walking Dead) had linear narratives. It's all the same body of work.

Sitcoms are favored by the body of their great, but mostly disjointed episodes. They're a bit more like fighters. Just because some hang around and keep getting KO'd in minor orgs as they sail into the sunset doesn't uproot the history of their dominant primes.

If True Detective, for example, were able to put out 6 more seasons as great as the first, for example, I don't think anyone would care if there was 7 more as bad as the second. It might very well be regarded as the GOAT dramatic show.

Last edited:
Its ok, the thing I could never enjoy is the animation style and that makes or breaks a show for me.

I didnt know this is from the person who made home movies tho, that show was awesome.

DC animated movies are another good example where it can have a great story but if the animation is off, im not watching.
See, that's an honest reaction to the show that I can get behind. You gave an honest reaction to it without putting it down. I'm the same way. If I don't like a show's style of animation I can't watch it no matter how funny or well written it may be.

I'm not a huge fan of animated shows but my Fiance introduced me to BOB'S BURGERS back when we started dating in 2017 & I fell in love with it. It took me a while to get used to the style of animation but once I did I began to really enjoy the humor. Now it's mandatory viewing at our place.
In fact, we're watching an episode right now as I write this.

Back