Bobby Lashley vs Josh Appelt added to Bellator 162

Why the hell are they not doing Lashley vs Minakov (if he wants it) or Meathead for the belt?!?

Probably because those guys are good and Lashley is not in the business of fighting good HWs.

It's a shame cause Lashley looks like a quality heavyweight when he wants to. A dominant win over Dan Charles is pretty solid stuff. This is like 4 steps down from that.

The way Charles fought in that fight was very odd, constantly backing up to the cage and throwing kicks. Really odd game plan for a striker to use against a power wrestler.

Honestly I've never been that impressed with Lashley and I disagree that he has ever looked like a quality HW, he looks like he is always on the verge of gassing and is very slow. Hard to forget that he gassed against a MW (John Ott) and came very close to being finished.

I'll root for Appelt, just to stop this shit
If that happens they will probably make the rematch, and the rematch of the rematch until he beats Appelt and they can say the previous losses were flukes

Lashley would get wrecked by anyone half decent. Let him fights these guys.

Sergei, Vitali, Tony Johnson, Kongo, etc... they all beat Bobby pretty easily.

Maybe Lashley wants to make some money and not having brain damage.

Idk what you guys expect. Lashley is making his money fighting cans. Bellator gets decent ratings feeding him bums. This isn't going to change.

We expect Bellator to make real fights and stop doing squash matches all the time.

Fans are starting to get sick of it. Maybe if Bellator made better fights more often they'd be more popular than they are right now.

We expect Bellator to make real fights and stop doing squash matches all the time.

Fans are starting to get sick of it. Maybe if Bellator made better fights more often they'd be more popular than they are right now.
The worst part is that Lashley is 40. Dude has fought few guys that could qualify as legit and is nearing the end of his career, they should at least put him against one of their top guys before it's too late. People like to rag on MVP for fighting cans, but Lashley takes it to a whole other level. I mean, MVP at least fought guys like Rainey, Burrell and Cyborg.

id agree, but im sure we all know this is what lashley wants... he is a side show attraction who is coming in to beat up over matched opponents and collect a paycheck... when is the last time he has fought someone half way decent? never. he probably never will or if he does, itll be a cash out fight to where he gets paid fat to get beat up by someone they are trying to build up.. i have no hope in bobby fighting real competition.

These jobber matchs are straight awsome honestly but it only works if your getting 3 to 4 fights a year part of the problem with lashley fighting these kinds of guys all the time is that he isnt very active

So they let Marcin Held go, but felt like Josh Appelt was worth keeping around? I r confused Bellator.

Bellator is dying, isn't it?

Around a year ago, there were a few hardcore Bellator posters who'd basically shill the fuck out of every card, claiming the roster could rival the UFC's etc almost to a ridiculous level. Those posters aren't even around anymore, they may have got banned but its far more likely that even they can't bring themselves to hype the shit-show the promotion has become.

I keep saying they'll be dead by the end of 20____, but they're still here. 1-2 former UFC fighters sign, people claim 'theyre back', then more shit.

Lashley vs. Appelt? Gimme a fucking break.

15262.jpg

He's coming for you, Bobby!

What the hell is Bellator's plan for the Heavyweight title? You stripped Minakov? Okay, great. What are you gonna do about it?

They didn't even have a fucking clue what they were going to do with the belt in the first place. Bellator just makes me sad now.

I think they actually have more talent at heavyweight than they've ever had as an orginization. But they need to let us know what they are planning to do with it at some point.

I hope this clusterf*ck isnt all just to accomidate Minakov and if it is... I hope he at least returns.

A mere 8 years into his MMA career and Laslhley is already stepping up to fight a guy like....Applet was it?

I truly hope they announce a fight for the HW title tonight. Minakov/Kharitonov, Minakov/Mitrione or Mitrione/Kharitonov would all be great fights for the title. I mean, with the LW belt they at least did something quickly, but they seem to be taking their sweet ass time with the HW belt.

I truly hope they announce a fight for the HW title tonight. Minakov/Kharitonov, Minakov/Mitrione or Mitrione/Kharitonov would all be great fights for the title. I mean, with the LW belt they at least did something quickly, but they seem to be taking their sweet ass time with the HW belt.
If michael chandler just happened to fight at hw they would have already gifted him the title shot against a can

They just announced Chandler v Bendo for the LW belt and yet nothing with the HW belt. Should just have the winner of Kongo v Johnson fight Rampage for it.

Back