Bobby Lashley vs Josh Appelt added to Bellator 162

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
Yep, you read that right, Bobby Lashley is coming back with a can, I mean, a bang. I thought they were going to give Bobby a higher profile opponent like Kharitonov, Mitrione or Minakov, but I guess they want to give him another easy win before putting him in a title fight.

So far, Appelt has only been booked against tough guys. First Kharitonov, for the Davis/Mo card (fight didn't happen due to Kharitonov being ill) and now he gets Lashley. Lashley via superior athleticism and rasslin'

Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/25/12646200/article

Mmmmm, Rich Chou winning fans again.......

Really thought they were gonna give Bobby a step up and a name like Kongo, Sergei or Meathead.

Really thought they were gonna give him a title shot.

What a meh fight.

What is Bellator doing with HW div and their title? Almost 2 1/2, stripped Minakov, why isnt a fight being made?

just tournament this shit up already and crown the new champ

Complete BS....

So we can expect Rory Mcdonald to debut vs Rudy bears

Complete BS....

So we can expect Rory Mcdonald to debut vs Rudy bears
I'd say that the WW equivalent of Appelt in bellator is probably Olson. I hope they at least try to give him someone decent like Gilbert Smith or Ricky Rainey.

It's rare a Bellator fight gets announced that I'm not saddened by.

There's taking your career slow, but Lashley is taking his career at a glacial speed.

It's a shame cause Lashley looks like a quality heavyweight when he wants to. A dominant win over Dan Charles is pretty solid stuff. This is like 4 steps down from that.

man...Bobby wasnt joking when he said he was going to take it slow...about 7 years ago

There's taking your career slow, but Lashley is taking his career at a glacial speed.
Weird part his last two fights were at least decent step up's from the Middleweight's and Josh Burns we used to see him face.

Isn't the biggest travesty but at some point he's got to step up.

The dude was at one point holding every TNA belt, how can he not be wrecking shit.

Just unbelievable if you ask me. If Fedor went around the mountain as much as Lashley, he would be even more hated by now.

Rich Chou matchamking, expect Bellator 165 Rory vs Rudy Bears in Canada.

Josh Appelt vs Manny Lara was one of the greatest fights ever.

nutbackhand.gif

Sigh.

I just don't know what the fuck is wrong with them and their HW division plans.

Why the hell are they not doing Lashley vs Minakov (if he wants it) or Meathead for the belt?!?

Idk what you guys expect. Lashley is making his money fighting cans. Bellator gets decent ratings feeding him bums. This isn't going to change.

Lashley was pulling this long before he was in Bellator, he has fought hand picked opponents his entire MMA career.

Back