Bobby Lashley calling out Brock Lesnar

This is according to Bob Holly's book. The rumors were Godfather and Bradshaw were told to take dives. It's by no means a solid fact like WrestleMania 3's attendance or Andre the Giant's height, but you have to ask yourself...

Is this something the office would do because wrestling is some petty shit? Yes.
Would those guys do it because they were company boys? 100% yes.
Do they get anything out of this? Yes, new gimmicks. A pimp and a team with Ron Simmons(hope those work out), while Bart gets to be thrown off TV by Dr.Death in order to "train" for six months.

So while not admitted to, it at least has to be put out there. WWF may not have immediately known how they were going to humiliate Bart Gunn, but that was always the endgame. Wrestling is carny as fuuuuck.
Bob Holly thinks that because the entire locker room was pretty sure that the entire event was put together in order to put over dr. Death Steve Williams, among mini other rumors that were circling the drain at that time because that business, especially at that time, there was always someone trying to stir up the boys and one way or another.

I would bet my dick on the fact that Bradshaw did not take a dive. Not for Bart Gunn. Not only did they not want BART to win, it wasn't even considered a possibility until he had Advanced a round or two in the fashion but he did it.

Even though Bruce Prichard is as much of a carny as the rest of them, I will trust them about half of half of the shit that he claims or purports on his podcast...

But I'm going to text the word of almost any former office guy from the WWF at this point before I would a lower to Mid card redneck Hot Head who was honestly probably one of the easiest boys to work in the back as it pertains to getting the jimmies rustled about politics and who is going over who and why and how much their pay days are in comparison to his....

Bob Holly got worked back in 1998 as it pertains to the Brawl for all. 15 or 20 years later he reached out to a publisher, told his stories to a Ghostwriter, ghost writer wrote the book and the book worked you.
Sorry :(

Like they told Butterbean that... like you could believe the carnies anyway...

After Bart won the tournament, WWF didn't mind making a star out of him if they could and they literally financed his training so that he could be prepared to face someone with a reputation like Butterbean.

Anyway, the XFL sounded plausible as well.

LOL.Butterbean was the IBA Super Heavyweight Champion with a record of like 40-1 when he was scheduled to fight Bart Gunn. No one with an IQ over 50 would have thought Gunn stood a chance even if he had two additional years to train before it went down.

Like they told Butterbean that... like you could believe the carnies anyway...

After Bart won the tournament, WWF didn't mind making a star out of him if they could and they literally financed his training so that he could be prepared to face someone with a reputation like Butterbean.
Is this sarcasm?

There is no way they were pushing Bart, he was written off with an injury angle and gone for months. It's not like they put him in a match with Billy, had him deck his "brother" instantly, and "shoot" on not getting opportunities and quitting. That's 1998 Russo writing, not this long range (Russo infamously would drop PPV storylines if the Raw the Monday before failed to continue the plot) destruction.

Considering Butterbean held nothing back (refusing to put on a show), it was quite clear he may have been told to fight all out. Every element of the story points to a burial except for one: Gorilla Monsoon being brought out beforehand. That was the only indication otherwise, because why have the wrestling guy get destroyed in front of a dying patriarch?

I would bet my dick on the fact that Bradshaw did not take a dive.
tumblr_myjhkr8Xgk1qb05aco4_r1_500.gif

I really don't think Lesnar has anything left for MMA...just doesn't seem like he can take a clean shot anymore. Look at the alleged "knee" he took from Braun he got all upset about....No part of Braun's "knee" ever touched Lesnar's skull, it was full on quad. Just boggles my mind that Mark Hunt did not press Brock at all.....You could tell Lesnar was tentative as Hell with Mark standing in front of him, and Mark just stood there the majority of the time, hardly throwing anything.

At this point, if Brock went to MMA, Bellator is his best bet. He can keep his reputation in check, taking on 40 year olds with no chins left. Could you seriously see him taking on Stipe or Ngannaou at this point in the UFC?

It's not so much he can't go back to the UFC and face guys like Stipe or Ngannou. It's that he can't go back to the UFC and face USADA.

Remember that in his first run in the UFC, USADA wasn't even a thought in the UFC consiciousness. He was able to cycle properly fully knowing when the tests were coming and thus always "passed" even though we all know he has always been on the gear(kind of obvious when you look at him).

In Bellator, he won't have to deal with USADA and can go back to "passing" the tests and frankly, I'd be happy about that because I want to see him fight. I want to see the SPECTACLE.

Back