Bobby Knuckles will beat the brakes off of Rockhold

Romero couldn't outmuscle him and he was busting his ass trying to grapplefuck him and Knuckles kept shaking him off and that was with a bum knee
Out muscling doesn't need to happen if Rockhold damages Whittaker s body with those long range power kicks he's been known to use. An intangible Romero does not have. Rockhold is also 4-5 inches taller than Romero. Just cause both guys like to fight from the top doesn't mean Whittaker can hope the same approach will work out the exact same. That being said this is a great fight, can't wait

I think so too, and I'm not a Rockhold hater.

David Branch had Rockhold on the ropes in the 1st round of his last fight, nearly finished him. Needless to say, Whittaker has much more power than Branch so it would be over quick if it stays on the feet. Rockhold needs to try to take him down ASAP and use his submission game or GnP, or he's got no shot. Easier said than done though, Whittaker's TDD is elite. Hard to forget how easily he shook off Jacare's attempts to get it to the ground.

I have a hard time believing Rockhold, a large MW with outstanding grappling, will have a hard time getting Whittaker, a natural MW and former WW, down to the ground.
I didn't picture Whittaker shrugging off the monster Romero with a bum knee either but he did it for 5 rounds. Whittaker is an amazing defensive grappler. And Luke's chin seems to be rapidly deteriorating. He's gonna get touched up .

Out muscling doesn't need to happen if Rockhold damages Whittaker s body with those long range power kicks he's been known to use. An intangible Romero does not have. Rockhold is also 4-5 inches taller than Romero. Just cause both guys like to fight from the top doesn't mean Whittaker can hope the same approach will work out the exact same. That being said this is a great fight, can't wait
They are different types of grapplers Yoel and Luke no doubt, but Whittaker is just a tough guy to bring down and especially hold down. Reminds me of Bisping in that regard.

I agree, Whittaker will crack Rockhold's chin, just like Branch did: except he will finish Rockhold.

That's almost a guarantee with Luke's piss poor stand up defense, but if it hits the ground, beware.

I think Luke is going to outclass Whittaker so badly that Gastelum is going to go back to WW even though he has a MW titleshot lined up.

Rockhold can possibly rock Whittaker with a tricky question mark kick and jump on him and submit him, but otherwise I see Bobby Knuckles hurting Rockhold with a flurry of power punches, dropping him, and stopping him on the ground with a TKO.

I would be very, very surprised with Rob if he beats Luke.

really? he's favored lol. sounds like you should bet on Luke

he can win for sure, but honestly Rockhold lost once when he was a noob, got ktfo by TRTor(a mutant juiced to the gills that would tear a new one on any mw right now) and fought like an idiot against Bisping. We all know that he would wax him 9 times out of 10. So imo all his three losses have a big ** in between. He will not be careless against Whitaker and Whitaker is not TRTOR.

Back