International Bob Woodward says we give multi-billions to other nations to "Prevent WW3," and Trump should know

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
- And that it's the most important part of his job to know. He accuses Trump of being stupid for not "understanding" how important it is to hand out that money around the world.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/6kuc4...ent-trump-s-war-on-truth---extended-interview

But this is what a lifetime of being in politics does. It gives you some pretty bad group think, and makes you not question establishment PC mantra. This little piece with Woodward here kind of lays out how Trump was able to win. The establishment (both sides) thinks people are naive for not "understanding" why We send Pakistan billions and billions of dollars, but people aren't naive and do understand, realize it should stop, and have come to realize that the establishment itself has become stupid from living in an echo-chamber, and that some of their positions are naive, if not simply corrupt.. One or the other.

We don't have the money to send a trillion around the world as a gift to other governments. We operated with a massive trade deficit to China so long that we had to start borrowing our money back, at an interest. We can't be giving out borrowed money.

Anyways, does anybody in here on either side agree with what Woodward says about handing out money preventing WW3? Or is it just possible that those other governments just like a lot of free money, and really are playing us for fools? Woodward thinks he's right, and Noah and the audience pretend he is, but I'm pretty sure he isn't. Trump was right to question it, and hopefully massively roll it back.

Btw, it's not a "Republican" thing to speak out against this kind of over the top foreign aid, it's a Trump/common sense thing. Republicans are just as guilty of it as the democrats, and before Trump were probably more pathetic about it, because they would campaign on the deficit, and the hand out the money quietly while waving the flag. This is an establishment politician problem.

That's not what he said.

Also, persons like you thinking they're more grounded, informed, and rational than persons like Bob Woodward is the danger of our time - not "establishment PC mandtra" or group think.

Fuck foreign aid of all kinds to any country

The only tax money that should not go to Americans should be direct humanitarian efforts and disaster relief

Fuck foreign aid of all kinds to any country

The only tax money that should not go to Americans should be direct humanitarian efforts and disaster relief

We pay to keep the peace and to keep a level of control over many countries. While I agree with you on the sentiment it’s not practical.

That's not what he said.

Also, persons like you thinking they're more grounded, informed, and rational than persons like Bob Woodward is the danger of our time - not "establishment PC mandtra" or group think.

I can rationally weigh what he said just fine. There may have been paraphrasing, but yes that's what he said. Stop lying. He said that the money we give out prevents WW3, and that a Presidents main job is to prevent WW3. I can definitely see the rationale in the second part, I just disagree that lining the pockets of the political class of other governments has much to do with reaching that end.

I know, Seth Myers is your favorite late night, and Bob Woodward isn't to be questioned. Dude, if you don't ever think Independantly, you really limit yourself.

That's not what he said.

I don't think you realize that TS had a "partial scholarship" to Cooley Law School.

Once he passes the bar exam he's going to turn the legal world on it's head.

I think it would be best of America stopped interfering in other countries elections, stopped bombing or militarily intervening other countries, and stop giving other countries money for anything besides unforeseen circumstances, eg. natural disasters.

I don't think you realize that TS had a "partial scholarship" to Cooley Law School.

Once he passes the bar exam he's going to turn the legal world on it's head.

I went to Western MI U law school. 60% scholarship. Please address the topic and stop being a retarded bitch in life. I mean, are you going to think about me every time you feel your foot touch the ground, until it drives you insane? Probably. Be careful noticing your fingers, that might also remind you I graduated law school.

I went to Western MI U law school. 60% scholarship. Please address the topic and stop being a retarded bitch in life. I mean, are you going to think about me every time you feel your foot touch the ground, until it drives you insane? Probably. Be careful noticing your fingers, that might also remind you I graduated law school.

<SelenaWow>

Pay them with missiles

"..... keep the change ya filthy animal"

Giving out billions has much less to do with maintaining stability, and more to do with buying power and influence over other nations, to uphold America's status as number 1, capable of imposing its will over the rest of the world.

One of the things I dislike about modern-day liberals/left-wingers is how they try to disguise blatant, pragmatic, calculated power moves as part of "humanitarian efforts", as some sort of a grand master-plan to save the world from itself. Whether it comes to mass migration, or global governing, and so forth. Just be fuckin' honest about it. Won't hurt ya.

The EU is one of the worst offenders by referencing WW2 at every turn when its power grabs are being questioned.

I mean, I can buy that the base may be so hopelessly naive as to believe that. But men as well-read and experienced as Woodward, come on. You're better than that.

This is why I prefer the Chomsky types because they are less likely to try to bullshit you, and will lay it down as it is, instead of how they want it to seem.

Last edited:
Back