Bob Sapp vs. Aori Gele in Road Fc

the man looks like a black incredible hulk and fights like a terrified little girl. Never seen a fighter looks as mentally broken as sapp lol

c'mon even the skeletric,undead version of Choi beats the fat chinese teenager, how is possibile that Sapp did SO BAD!? A pair of fat slaps and he dropped dead.
Why the hell sapp do accept to take dives in this way? His name has become a joke .

Sapp unlike most other fighters, has figured out that the way to deal with small time and occasionally shady local promoters is to take a dive (while making the fight look legit) and put over the local favorite while getting paid with minimum damage. Yes it's downright shady to the purist MMA fans, but don't hate the player, hate the system.

What @Mack812 said. Sapp is doing what Severn did for year on the local circuit, letting local guys build a name off of him. The only difference is Severn still put forth an effort,

Severn wasn't shy about what he was doing, either. He knew his name drew in casual recognition, and considered it a service if local guys could get over on him. He only stopped fighting once he got denied a license in CA, I believe.

Sapp unlike most other fighters, has figured out that the way to deal with small time and occasionally shady local promoters is to take a dive (while making the fight look legit) and put over the local favorite while getting paid with minimum damage. Yes it's downright shady to the purist MMA fans, but don't hate the player, hate the system.
No way Sapp made the local fighter as legit, quite the opposite, he made the whole match a disappointing joke.
Many of his recent opponent were better then him at that point but several others were rather inferior, including this teenager. Anyone remember the light weight old kickboxer that dropped him with an elbow in the chest?!

Sapp stuck in there longer that usual, I don't think he even threw it. I saw the fat guy fight HMC, it was a really odd fight he landed some shots then went down to a punch that I didn't even think hit him. HW is weird like that though he may have been rocked by a previous punch I can't recall.

What @Mack812 said. Sapp is doing what Severn did for year on the local circuit, letting local guys build a name off of him. The only difference is Severn still put forth an effort,

Severn wasn't shy about what he was doing, either. He knew his name drew in casual recognition, and considered it a service if local guys could get over on him. He only stopped fighting once he got denied a license in CA, I believe.
Well if we are shitting on Sapp (not you specifically) for "throwing fights", Severn also participated in (at least) one fixed MMA fight against Shannon "The Cannon" Ritch. It was their second fight IIRC.
He as also suspected in several other situation but it wasn't confirmed, even if it was fairly blatant.

But I like Dan don't take me wrong, but his situation looks better than Bob's because he is a high-school wrestling prodigy, maybe not the most exciting top game in the world but he was one of the pioneer for american wrestler turning successfully into MMA fighters.
My point is that his style allowed him not to take much damage, win or lose.

Sapp on the other hand started out (with already some issues from his football days) by taking beatings in K1 against the European elite, when he wasn't even training seriously.
And I believe he had some pretty bad complication from his broken cheek-bone (not sure how you guys call it in English) against Crocop....
And I honestly think that if one (former) elite fighter could have done better without starting training for good.

Bob stopped using his gorilla-tiers strength, aggressivity and confidence, and started trying to box... that didn't work that well.

Nice to watch Sapp put up an effort instead of tapping from a takedown against James Thompson.
And damn Aorigele is freakin obese, unless I'm mistaken last time I saw him fight he was a bulky dude but not on the fatty side yet.
Aori Gele vs who next?
Minowaman? Colossus?
Or skip Aori and directly make Minowa vs Thompson: the HLUKS strike back!

Last edited:
Anyone remember the light weight old kickboxer that dropped him with an elbow in the chest?!
That doesn't ring a bell, but sounds interesting...
I'll check the fight finder for an old LW guy in his long run of TKO losses. That's gonna take a while....

here is the match

Sapp is twince the size of his opponent and still goes down
he pushed the referee like Datsik..a pochade.
Nice to watch Sapp put up an effort instead of tapping from a takedown against James Thompson.
And damn Aorigele is freakin obese, unless I'm mistaken last time I saw him fight he was a bulky dude but not on the fatty side yet.
Aori Gele vs who next?
Minowaman? Colossus?
Or skip Aori and directly make Minowa vs Thompson: the HLUKS strike back!
I disagree, he lost on purpose in almost half of his post k1 career, sometime versus opponents, like this chinese teen, that he would beat without effort. In this way is tarnished his legacy so bad that even prowrestling or acting is not a viable option since no one can take his seriously anymore.

I like this Aori Gele fella. I want to see him fight Minowaman, Canseco, Dada, etc.

Bellator should pick this guy up and make a star out of him.

you forgot to mention the greatest of all time

Satish Jha

Back