Bob (Mueller)'s 13 Russian Burgers: Russia Investigation v.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would struggle to put any cyber attack on it's face, in the same realm of a physical one that took lives, so I have a hard time saying "since 9/11", because I don't think they're in the same category. I simply wouldn't compare them.

It's not comparing them. How would you want it phrased?

It's not comparing them. How would you want it phrased?

When you say "Worst 'attack' since 9/11", you are putting them in the same category of attacks. It was a cyber attack. I'd put it in the realm of other cyber attacks, and not atrocities that cost human life.

So instead of "worst attack since 9/11", I'd phrase it "worst cyber attack on the US since _____".

Everyone I don't like is a Russian bot

But you objectively repeat the types of verifiably false disinformation the kind of which has been linked to Russian bots and Russian agents...

Also, he didn't say he didn't like you. He probably, like many here, find you to be generally pleasant, but completely stupid and shameless.

When you say "Worst 'attack' since 9/11", you are putting them in the same category of attacks. It was a cyber attack. I'd put it in the realm of other cyber attacks, and not atrocities that cost human life.

So instead of "worst attack since 9/11", I'd phrase it "worst cyber attack on the US since _____".

But it's more than just a cyber attack. It's a propaganda attack. They were creating violence in the streets. These people were organizing rallies and protests, sometimes trying to get opposing groups in the same place at the same time hoping violence would break out. And it was an incredibly well-funded operation, implemented by a foreign government.

And since America hasn't been physically attacked since 9/11, you're basically saying that the phrase "worst attack since 9/11" can't ever be used until we're attacked again.

I just got a push from my Iphone about impeachment. I keep my
That is the point, it isn't the Democrats side, but that is what Trump and his media folks have tried to make it seem when it comes to folks in the DOJ, the FBI, the special counsel and those in the special counsel's team. Furthermore, that was a large part of why the announcement was made so publicly, to show that there were in fact Russians dedicating a lot of time and resources to meddling in the election, so that Trump couldn't continue to deny the investigation as a partisan hoax and say that he would take Putin's word for it (and was going to drop it because he didn't want to "insult" him) over what every head of every US intelligence agency said happened, along with what every mainstream Republican was saying. Trump is going to have to find a new narrative, as Republicans in favor of law and order and keeping other nations out of our elections can be less fearful of Trump's base when they speak favorably of Rosenstein, Mueller and the Russia Investigation.

Bill Krystol explicitly endorsed Hillary. That is taking the democrats side.

And since America hasn't been physically attacked since 9/11, you're basically saying that the phrase "worst attack since 9/11" can't ever be used until we're attacked again.

Well, yeah. Much like how 9/11 was only compared to the worst of the worst physical attacks, like Pearl Harbor, or Oklahoma City. When 9/11 happened, you didn't see it compared with immeasurable informational warfare spread during the Cold War.

There are levels to this shit, and the only reason people would even entertain the idea that this was on the same level as 9/11, or could even be compared in the first place, is for sensationalist reasons.

Well, yeah. Much like how 9/11 was only compared to the worst of the worst physical attacks, like Pearl Harbor, or Oklahoma City. When 9/11 happened, you didn't see it compared with immeasurable informational warfare spread during the Cold War.

There are levels to this shit, and the only reason people would even entertain the idea that this was on the same level as 9/11, or could even be compared in the first place, is for sensationalist reasons.

I also felt it shouldn't be mentioned in the same category as 9/11, but after a moment's reflection I realized there's nothing else to compare it to. It is a severe attack on America and America hasn't been attacked since 9/11.

I think the statement could have been worded differently to avoid criticisms like yours, tho. I don't like the immediate comparison that one imagines when hearing it.

I also felt it shouldn't be mentioned in the same category as 9/11, but after a moment's reflection I realized there's nothing else to compare it to. It is a severe attack on America and America hasn't been attacked since 9/11.

I think the statement could have been worded differently to avoid criticisms like yours, tho. I don't like the immediate comparison that one imagines when hearing it.

US, Russia and Europe do it in every election around the globe, the only difference is this time in the US an outsider won and politicians are pissed. So they will spin everything to pretend this sort of stuff never happens, so that in the future they might regain some control over Internet propaganda.

All the traditional media outlets are freaking out, their time is up, and so are the politicians which once had media under control.

US, Russia and Europe do it in every election around the globe, the only difference is this time in the US an outsider won and politicians are pissed. So they will spin everything to pretend this sort of stuff never happens, so that in the future they might regain some control over Internet propaganda.

All the traditional media outlets are freaking out, their time is up, and so are the politicians which once had media under control.

When has anyone done this to America in the past?

He didn't really have a choice because the other side was Trump and nobody with moral character could vote for him.

But you objectively repeat the types of verifiably false disinformation the kind of which has been linked to Russian bots and Russian agents...

Also, he didn't say he didn't like you. He probably, like many here, find you to be generally pleasant, but completely stupid and shameless.

"But its objectively true TCK, everyone I disagree with is a Russian bot"

Since the 40's, now imagine in the internet age how much easier it is and how its impossible to spot infowars fans x bots.

Had this election been politician x politician no one would care about some operation to spam derrogatory news.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/2...a-tried-to-sway-a-us-election/article/2610571

Lol exactly. You have to go back to an incident that was followed by a fifty year cold war. This is pretty fucking serious and unprecedented in modern times. Let's not pretend that what happened was typical.

A foreign government spent millions of dollars to interfere with an American presidential election, and it just so happens the one time joke/long shot candidate it explicitly backed since the primaries ended up winning.

Yeah, nothing to see here.

Lol exactly. You have to go back to an incident that was followed by a fifty year cold war. This is pretty fucking serious and unprecedented in modern times. Let's not pretend that what happened was typical.

Change the goal post.. but in 1996 US did the sane with Boris Yeltsin and right now US is at a Proxy war with Russia in Syria, backing terrorists against a sovereign state and you want to call spamming news as the biggest attack against US since 9/11....

Change the goal post.. but in 1996 US did the sane with Boris Yeltsin and right now US is at a Proxy war with Russia in Syria, backing terrorists against a sovereign state and you want to call spamming news as the biggest attack against US since 9/11....

So then nobody has done this to America since the 1930s, but you're pretending like this is no big deal.

This is so telling.

Early 2000's : most retarded Hollywood celebrities and their retarded groupies trusted the POTUS without actually knowing why.

2018 : most retarded Hollywood celebrities and their retarded groupies distrust the POTUS without actually knowing why.

The lesson I take from this is that Hollywood is usually on the side of stupidity.

Terrible deflection. But just in case your post is the result of you having your brains bashed in, I will clarify: The point is that Trump was being like Spears toward the leader of a hostile government (and therefore his supporters like YOU and @bobgeese were being like Spears too:oops:) as Trump had been explicitly trusting Putin, over unanimity in the US intelligence community, that Russia didn't try to interfere in the US election, and that the deputy AG just proved that Trump was full of shit.

No. I never said anything remotely close to what they said, and now you're trying to justify your own delusions, by still attempting to project your own misinterpretation of their words on me.

You fucked up trying to prove something, by posting an article you didn't read. I forgive you. You can stop flailing now.

Nice try, when I asked you why Rosenstein held such a public press conference you said "it might've had something to do with the FBI dropping the ball in Florida." What else was implied by your statement if not what I inferred (which wasn't much of an inference)? Here is what I wrote, tell me what is wrong with it.

"you were saying that the deputy AG held the conference about the special counsel's indictments as foil for the mistakes of the FBI, as opposed to simply the "the FBI could have stopped this if they were not so preoccupied by Russia" thrust of the Fox News propaganda article. So it appears you saw Trump's "look over there" tweet (the focus of the Fox propaganda) and took it to a place where only those who need special brain medicine would have taken it."

did he? source?

"It is clear that Donald Trump does not have the character to be president of the United States.

And it is clear Hillary Clinton ought not to be our next president either.

What to do?

Find a better choice. Recruit and support an independent candidate.How exciting would it be to inaugurate an attractive candidate who's neither Clinton nor Trump on January 20, 2017?" Kristol 5/6/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back