Bob Back at It.

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks like Bob is trying to get Solido to fight Loma for free ans Solido aint having that.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxin...ido-lomachenko-miura-20160808-snap-story.html

Bob Arum said take it or leave it to the purse he was offering. Well, we’ll leave it,” Salido manager Sean Gibbons said. “It’s a … insult.”

Gibbons is irked that Salido is being offered less than what former World Boxing Organization super-featherweight champion Rocky Martinez was paid (around $525,000) to lose his belt to Lomachenko on June 11 at Madison Square Garden.

How is Bob gonna offer Solido less than Martinez when Solido is a bigger star than Martinez and Loma.

Salido-Vargas had a peak HBO audience of 954,000 and nearly sold out StubHub, while Lomachenko-Martinez peaked at 613,000 without competing against a UFC pay-per-view.

so what the game. Is Bob trying to protect Loma by offering a Non-Offer or he just be a dick.

Sounds like Salido is going to fight Miura instead. That is a good fight.

Sounds like Arum is offering big names low money to fight his best guys. Everyone is ducking them!

Salido made $150,000 to fight on the May-Berto undercard.
well then, that's not being underpaid at all, we don't even know what the final number is. This is understandable because last time out, Salido didn't even bother to make weight.

Loma is title hunting anyhow, his manager mentioned they are also interested in Sosa, Corrales, and Pedraza.

well then, that's not being underpaid at all, we don't even know what the final number is. This is understandable because last time out, Salido didn't even bother to make weight.

Anything lower than what Loma makes is being underpaid. Solido is the star in this fight. He brings in a 3rd more viewers than Loma on HBO while competeing against a UFC PPV card shows that. and No telling how many of that 3rd were New HBO Subscrbers who are now stuck in a 2yr contract jusy to see Solido fight that night. Loma might be the Furture but they need to pay Solido more than him for the rematch.

And I dont even want the rematch.I think it is a shit. Loma walks though Solido this time around. Solido is way to battle worn to handle a boxer like Loma now. .

Anything lower than what Loma makes is being underpaid. Solido is the star in this fight. He brings in a 3rd more viewers than Loma on HBO while competeing against a UFC PPV card shows that. and No telling how many of that 3rd were New HBO Subscrbers who are now stuck in a 2yr contract jusy to see Solido fight that night. Loma might be the Furture but they need to pay Solido more than him for the rematch.

And I dont even want the rematch.I think it is a shit. Loma walks though Solido this time around. Solido is way to battle worn to handle a boxer like Loma now. .
what is loma getting paid? they were pissed that they're getting paid less than roman martinez, not lomachenko

what is loma getting paid? they were pissed that they're getting paid less than roman martinez, not lomachenko

loma is getting 850k-1mil according to link and they saying bob wont meet their price.

Lomachenko is apparently positioned to earn between $850,000 and $1 million for his next bout.

“I really wanted Lomachenko, but I haven’t heard back from Mr. Bob. He knows our number,”

link says the were upset that they were even offer less than Martinez. that is a insult, doesnt say how much they want. but they should be asking for the same money or more as Loma seeing how Solido gets more views in the more recent fights

loma is getting 850k-1mil according to link and they saying bob wont meet their price.

link says the were upset that they were even offer less than Martinez. that is a insult, doesnt say how much they want. but they should be asking for the same money or more as Loma seeing how Solido gets more views in the more recent fights
huh, well, if salido pulls better numbers, I can't argue against that

The fight has a fair amount of symbolic worth for Lomachenko (avenging his only loss). You'd think Arum would realize this and pay Salido a touch more than Roman Martinez of all people.

lol at people justifying Salido getting lowballed because he got paid less for a different fight. What makes Salido an attractive opponent here is Salido's recent performances. The guy puts on FOTY type performances practically everytime out.

If there's a guy who thinks he deserves a pay day to give a guy he already beat a do over, its Salido.

The fight has a fair amount of symbolic worth for Lomachenko (avenging his only loss). You'd think Arum would realize this and pay Salido a touch more than Roman Martinez of all people.

This. I agree. Salido was lowballed here, that's all I know and when I read it this morning it pissed me off. Loma needs to step up right now and give the same deal he offered to Walters and Rigo, that extra 300k from his own purse if they won. The only difference here is that 300k should be guaranteed, put in the contract win, lose or draw for Salido for even taking a rematch. This shouldn't be based on whether Salido can even beat him at all. Loma is the one that wants revenge so that's really on him and only him.

Salido's manager wasn't bullshitting when he said his guy brings it and puts on events. He does have lots of Hispanic (not just Mexican) fans and is putting on FOTY performances regularly now. He's clearly worth more than that lowball offer Bob floated over to his team. I don't know how much more but certainly more than this.

Last edited:
After the Martinez fight Arum told Salido to his face that he'd "pay good money" to him for a rematch with Loma. Well, where's this good money? He also said that he knew that going forward it would cost him a lot of money to get guys in the ring with Lomachenko. He was already prepared but now he isn't? That better be the initial offer and not the final. I get that you start lower and go from there if the other side isn't satisfied but not that low. Making less than Martinez is a joke. HBO could easily market the shit out of this rematch, it sells itself.

lol at people justifying Salido getting lowballed because he got paid less for a different fight. What makes Salido an attractive opponent here is Salido's recent performances. The guy puts on FOTY type performances practically everytime out.

If there's a guy who thinks he deserves a pay day to give a guy he already beat a do over, its Salido.
I agree he's an exciting guy but his win in the first fight was tainted. If Loma is going to make $850k then $500k for Salido sounds about right. If he's making a million then maybe they will give him more but parity or more doesn't seem reasonable. I guess a lot depends on how much he'd get for facing Miura.

I agree he's an exciting guy but his win in the first fight was tainted. If Loma is going to make $850k then $500k for Salido sounds about right. If he's making a million then maybe they will give him more but parity or more doesn't seem reasonable. I guess a lot depends on how much he'd get for facing Miura.
It was not tainted. That's just something Lomachenko fans say to pretend he didn't really lose. It was rough and dirty, sure. But that's the pros. Lomachenko's inexperience showed there.

Tainted is reserved for PED usage, but Salido fought dirty as shit in that fight and I've seen a lot of mental gymnastics and excuse making on here to justify Salidos dirty fighting.

Granted, lomachenkos excessive clinching was pretty egregious, but there is no way it was as bad as Salidos 40something nutshots.

Back