Bob Arum Very Open To Do Talent "Trades" With Showtime

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Maybe Crawford fights a Showtime fighter like Keith Thurman on ESPN, but an ESPN fighter like Manny Pacquiao would fight Danny Garcia on Showtime.

That's the kind of relationship Arum is aiming for - a scenario that benefits both sides.

"Lets not look at promoters particularly, lets look at networks. Over at Showtime, Espinoza is a very smart guy. And his boss is a very big fight fan, a good friend of mine, Les Moonves, and Moonves will make these fights happen. They can't all be on ESPN nor can they all be on Showtime - so there is something called trade," Arum told BoxingScene.com.

"The big boys, whether it's CBS, ABC, FOX, ESPN - they have no problem with college football... arranging who gets which game and so forth. I think it will be the same and it should be the same with Showtime, CBS and Top Rank - that if they need a Top Rank fighter to fight on Showtime, we'll make them available. And if there is a fighter who traditionally fights on Showtime or CBS, they will make him available to ESPN.

"I think that we'll work very, very well with [Showtime, CBS] - at least that's my hope."

http://www.boxingscene.com/bob-arum-very-open-talent-trades-with-showtime--123187

Ha, his days as a big time promoter are numbered and he knows it, but I do hope its true that he’s willing to work with Showtime just so that Crawford can get the big fights, other than that im enjoying his slow demise as a promoter.

Back