Bob Arum 'disgusted' by Thurman-Garcia fight

Thought it was a good fight!

Bob can fuck right off!

Fuck Bob but I thought it was a bad fight too. Garcia had nothing for Thurman.

Bob has a really strong point here. The platform was big, and the fight failed to deliver. Who knows if people will come back and watch the fight again.

It's one of the main issues I had with Rigo when he went back to HBO to fight Drian on the Canelo-Cotto undercard. It was such a big platform and I wanted him to make a huge statement and he didn't do that and I think it might have stalled his career.

But this shouldn't be a surprise. In these big fights, neither fighter wants to lose so they play it safe. Think about the last really exciting 'big fight'. It's usually the fights that aren't promoted that well that end up being the FOTY candidates. Because then neither fighter has a lot to lose.

Bob has a really strong point here. The platform was big, and the fight failed to deliver. Who knows if people will come back and watch the fight again.

It's one of the main issues I had with Rigo when he went back to HBO to fight Drian on the Canelo-Cotto undercard. It was such a big platform and I wanted him to make a huge statement and he didn't do that and I think it might have stalled his career.

But this shouldn't be a surprise. In these big fights, neither fighter wants to lose so they play it safe. Think about the last really exciting 'big fight'. It's usually the fights that aren't promoted that well that end up being the FOTY candidates. Because then neither fighter has a lot to lose.
Canelo v Khan as well as GGG vs Brook. TC vs Postol i feel they delivered.'
I enjoyed the fight up untill the last 3 rounds of evasive boxing

I think if one promoter gets called something derogatory, they all should be. Effectively, they are all open to some serious criticisms: Arum, DLH, Haymon ('advisor', nice legal title), Hearn, etc.). It just comes down to who you side with for whatever reason.

Really though, it should just read that Arum is jealous because those ratings were awesome. Didn't they outdo the NBA for ratings? Boxing can work if it can work together, people! I don't think it fixes itself. MMA is gonna have the same problem in probably less than 10 years. UFC used to be the defacto standard because it at least was a constant (Pride came and went, WEC, Strikeforce, etc.), but now its talent has no problem going to Bellator, which is a good and bad thing. Then those companies will be a bunch of crying assholes like the boxing promoters today.

Back